Pelosi: New taxes not needed for health care, maybe use for deficit

Feb 28, 2009
“I hope we can change that percentage and get much more coming from savings,” Pelosi said. “In fact, I believe that all of the cost of the healthcare reform bill can come from squeezing more savings out of the system."

Asked why Democrats were proposing more than $500 billion in new taxes if savings alone could fund their healthcare plan, Pelosi said: “We have to have a revenue stream to ensure that the bill will be paid for. If we don’t need that money we can use it to reduce the deficit.”

"There is going to be a revenue change at the high end," Pelosi said. "It will be directed to reduce the deficit or ... to help reduce the cost of this initiative. I believe that we have an obligation to try to squeeze as much savings out of the system so that we can use as much of the tax on the high-income earners in our country to reduce the deficit."

Translation: We are going to hose the rich anyway, and this health care package is simply the best trojan horse we have.

“I hope we can change that percentage and get much more coming from savings,” Pelosi said. “In fact, I believe that all of the cost of the healthcare reform bill can come from squeezing more savings out of the system."

Asked why Democrats were proposing more than $500 billion in new taxes if savings alone could fund their healthcare plan, Pelosi said: “We have to have a revenue stream to ensure that the bill will be paid for. If we don’t need that money we can use it to reduce the deficit.”

"There is going to be a revenue change at the high end," Pelosi said. "It will be directed to reduce the deficit or ... to help reduce the cost of this initiative. I believe that we have an obligation to try to squeeze as much savings out of the system so that we can use as much of the tax on the high-income earners in our country to reduce the deficit."

Translation: We are going to hose the rich anyway, and this health care package is simply the best trojan horse we have.

Actually the taxes will decrease if healthcare savings are more than anticipated.

• Banned

more than anticipated.
Yeah, like unemployment, the depth of the recession, a dozen other things that turned out to be "more than anticipated" by this menstruation.

Hell will freeze over before Queen Nan pays back one penny.

Actually its automatically paid back (or not collected in the first place) under the bill. She doesn't have a choice in it.

So are you saying hell is going to freeze over?

Forum List

Back