Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show

"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote.

a G5 costs about $7000/hr to run and would consume approximately 10,000 gallons of fuel for a round trip SF-DC.

get on a fucking airliner and shut your yap, nancy.

did anyone complain when dennis hastert took military planes?

oops...

The media continues to pound a false Washington Times report accusing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) of wasting government resources by “demanding permanent access to a large military jet for herself, her staff, other Members and supporters.”

Think Progress » Hastert Used Military Aircraft To Fly Foley Page Scandal Figure To Washington

Sweet column: Pelosi's plane flap. Hastert's fed jet flights.
By Lynn Sweeton February 8, 2007 11:43 AM | Permalink | Comments (12)
Double standard

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is taking some heat because she wants a government plane to fly her between Washington and San Francisco and take some other members and staffers with her.

What exactly is the fuss about?

(from Sweet column in The Hill TheHill.com)

Former Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) used a government plane on a routine basis to fly himself and his two top staffers at the time, Scott Palmer, the chief of staff, and Mike Stokke, the deputy COS, from the capital to an airport near his home in Illinois. Hastert had a rather unusual management system: His key aides almost always traveled with him when he returned to the District. It was convenient, since Palmer and Stokke roomed with Hastert in Washington, sharing his townhouse.

When Hastert was under pressure because of the exploding Mark Foley page scandal last October, he ordered an airlift at government expense to fly a lawmaker to Washington for the sole purpose of getting him to a press conference to help bail Hastert out of the jam.

Sweet column: Pelosi's plane flap. Hastert's fed jet flights. - Lynn Sweet

Intellectually dishonest. Hastert used a plane 1 time. Pelosi wants one at her disposal.

Your response is typical. "It's okay if we do it cuz you did it first." Yeah, you lefties are S-O-O-O much better ....:cuckoo:

"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote.

a G5 costs about $7000/hr to run and would consume approximately 10,000 gallons of fuel for a round trip SF-DC.

get on a fucking airliner and shut your yap, nancy.

yeah, i did. this notion that they did it, so no one should complain when we do it, is horseshit, pure and simple. i'm sick of pols grabbing with both hands and acting like they're doing me a favor.

Yep.

yeah, i did. this notion that they did it, so no one should complain when we do it, is horseshit, pure and simple. i'm sick of pols grabbing with both hands and acting like they're doing me a favor.

I agree with you one thousand per cent. But I also think the people fussing about it (not you, Del... the ones running around like this is something new and specific to Pelosi) are disingenuous.

No you don't agree ANY percent. Your previous post uses EXACTLY that premise as the basis of defending Queen Nan.

As long as I stay within the TOS I have every right to my opinion too.
Constantly rebuffing someones posts as tit for tat is trollish behavior. Constantly being the operative word.

You do not have a right to voice an opinion in a public forum on who I do and do not have as a moderator. She is not moderating in this thread, she is posting as a member of this board, just as we all WERE until you decided to comment inappropriately.

if you have a complaint about a moderator's actions as a moderator, feel free to PM your complaint to me. If you disagree with a member of this board voicing a political opinion, feel free to rebut that member's post.

Just in case you missed it, I don't exactly "agree" with her on politics. Obviously that has no bearing on her qualifications to be a moderator, IMO.

This may have been posted but being new here here goes. Nancy and her pals in congress in both Houses just threw a fit when corporate America flew their planes into DC with hands out. What do we see now from the Speaker, do as I say not as I do.

This may have been posted but being new here here goes. Nancy and her pals in congress in both Houses just threw a fit when corporate America flew their planes into DC with hands out. What do we see now from the Speaker, do as I say not as I do.

that's absolutely what you see,, and let me remind you librals think paying higher taxes is "patriotic" while they excuse themselves from paying taxes.. :eusa_whistle:
you get the drift? :lol:

I don't understand... Pelosi says we need to use less energy and conserve oil/gas yet she wants military aircraft to shuttle her around....

You liberals should be pissed about her efforts to destroy the environment.

Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Exactly - the entire climate change/warming - cap n trade abomination is a simple and outright power grab by DC. Pelosi is the epitome of modern American liberalism - spend-spend-spend, demand to be treated like royalty, throw an emotionalized hissy fit when she does not get her way, and prance about on the taxpayers' dime belching CO2 into the atomosphere while speaking of the importance that Americans change their lifestyle to combate climate change.

This model is taken right out of the totalitarian governmental playbook where it is the political ruling class who live off of the backs of the masses.

Pelosi...

pelosi_is_a_nazi_bitch-450x301.jpg

Im telling ya, we ought to stop paying taxes and ALL politicians would then WAKE up after all it is how they get paid.
Cant jail us all as the prisons are over crowded anyway. :razz:

I agree with you one thousand per cent. But I also think the people fussing about it (not you, Del... the ones running around like this is something new and specific to Pelosi) are disingenuous.

Excuse me, but wasn't Pelosi one of the big mouths screaming about the auto makers coming to DC on their corporate jets? Yet you'll defend her using public tax payer money to use public, tax payer owned jets for her own personal use while the economy is in a shithole? You really need to grow up and face reality.

I don't understand... Pelosi says we need to use less energy and conserve oil/gas yet she wants military aircraft to shuttle her around....

You liberals should be pissed about her efforts to destroy the environment.

Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Exactly - the entire climate change/warming - cap n trade abomination is a simple and outright power grab by DC. Pelosi is the epitome of modern American liberalism - spend-spend-spend, demand to be treated like royalty, throw an emotionalized hissy fit when she does not get her way, and prance about on the taxpayers' dime belching CO2 into the atomosphere while speaking of the importance that Americans change their lifestyle to combate climate change.

This model is taken right out of the totalitarian governmental playbook where it is the political ruling class who live off of the backs of the masses.

Pelosi...

pelosi_is_a_nazi_bitch-450x301.jpg

hitler49.jpg

Forum List

Back