Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has repeatedly requested military aircraft to shuttle her and her colleagues and family around the country, according to a new report from a conservative watchdog group.

Representatives for Judicial Watch, which obtained e-mails and other documents from a Freedom of Information request, said the correspondence shows Pelosi has abused the system in place to accommodate congressional leaders and treated the Air Force as her "personal airline."

The e-mails showed repeated attempts by Pelosi aides to request aircraft, sometimes aggressively, and by Department of Defense officials to accommodate them

Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

what an asswipe

"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote.

a G5 costs about $7000/hr to run and would consume approximately 10,000 gallons of fuel for a round trip SF-DC.

get on a fucking airliner and shut your yap, nancy.

"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote.

a G5 costs about $7000/hr to run and would consume approximately 10,000 gallons of fuel for a round trip SF-DC.

did anyone complain when dennis hastert took military planes?

oops...

The media continues to pound a false Washington Times report accusing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) of wasting government resources by “demanding permanent access to a large military jet for herself, her staff, other Members and supporters.”

Think Progress » Hastert Used Military Aircraft To Fly Foley Page Scandal Figure To Washington

Sweet column: Pelosi's plane flap. Hastert's fed jet flights.
By Lynn Sweeton February 8, 2007 11:43 AM | Permalink | Comments (12)
Double standard

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is taking some heat because she wants a government plane to fly her between Washington and San Francisco and take some other members and staffers with her.

What exactly is the fuss about?

(from Sweet column in The Hill TheHill.com)

Former Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) used a government plane on a routine basis to fly himself and his two top staffers at the time, Scott Palmer, the chief of staff, and Mike Stokke, the deputy COS, from the capital to an airport near his home in Illinois. Hastert had a rather unusual management system: His key aides almost always traveled with him when he returned to the District. It was convenient, since Palmer and Stokke roomed with Hastert in Washington, sharing his townhouse.

When Hastert was under pressure because of the exploding Mark Foley page scandal last October, he ordered an airlift at government expense to fly a lawmaker to Washington for the sole purpose of getting him to a press conference to help bail Hastert out of the jam.

Sweet column: Pelosi's plane flap. Hastert's fed jet flights. - Lynn Sweet

110532main_gulfstream_svs_240x180.jpg

it's a really nice corporate jet, like the auto guys took to washington and got publicly reamed for. no hypocrisy, though. :eusa_whistle:

Gulfstream V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, i did. this notion that they did it, so no one should complain when we do it, is horseshit, pure and simple. i'm sick of pols grabbing with both hands and acting like they're doing me a favor.

yeah, i did. this notion that they did it, so no one should complain when we do it, is horseshit, pure and simple. i'm sick of pols grabbing with both hands and acting like they're doing me a favor.

I agree with you one thousand per cent. But I also think the people fussing about it (not you, Del... the ones running around like this is something new and specific to Pelosi) are disingenuous.

oops...

The media continues to pound a false Washington Times report accusing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) of wasting government resources by “demanding permanent access to a large military jet for herself, her staff, other Members and supporters.”

Think Progress » Hastert Used Military Aircraft To Fly Foley Page Scandal Figure To Washington

Double standard

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is taking some heat because she wants a government plane to fly her between Washington and San Francisco and take some other members and staffers with her.

Former Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) used a government plane on a routine basis to fly himself and his two top staffers at the time, Scott Palmer, the chief of staff, and Mike Stokke, the deputy COS, from the capital to an airport near his home in Illinois. Hastert had a rather unusual management system: His key aides almost always traveled with him when he returned to the District. It was convenient, since Palmer and Stokke roomed with Hastert in Washington, sharing his townhouse.

When Hastert was under pressure because of the exploding Mark Foley page scandal last October, he ordered an airlift at government expense to fly a lawmaker to Washington for the sole purpose of getting him to a press conference to help bail Hastert out of the jam.

how cute....and after she gave the big three shit for flying to a hearing.....

is your point that she is just as bad as republicans.....

it's a really nice corporate jet, like the auto guys took to washington and got publicly reamed for. no hypocrisy, though. :eusa_whistle:

well, you have to admit, it probably wasn't very bright to show up begging for money when they flew there in three private jets.....

same as it wasn't very bright of the banks to use the money handed to them without being accounted for by Bush & Co. for bonuses and retreats.

The group reported that Pelosi was notorious for making special demands for high-end aircraft, lodging last-minute cancellations, and racking up additional expenses for the military.

asswipe they don't give a shit about the economy,, it's all a big fat assed scam.

oops...

Double standard

how cute....and after she gave the big three shit for flying to a hearing.....

is your point that she is just as bad as republicans.....

yep! Pelosi's skanky ass should work for a dollar til she gets this government out of the deficit.

well, you have to admit, it probably wasn't very bright to show up begging for money when they flew there in three private jets.....

same as it wasn't very bright of the banks to use the money handed to them without being accounted for by Bush & Co. for bonuses and retreats.

no it wasn't.

does that somehow make pelosi's behavior less egregious?

i've flown in and out of DC a lot, and you always see these asshat reps and senators jumping lines, getting comped to first class, etc. that's bad enough, but to have that harridan whining because there's no G5 available to haul her out to SF and back for free is way, way beyond the pale. i didn't think much of her before, and i think even less of her now.

you can spin it all you want, jillian, but in the final analysis, there's zero difference between her and hastert in this regard. none.

As long as I stay within the TOS I have every right to my opinion too.
Constantly rebuffing someones posts as tit for tat is trollish behavior. Constantly being the operative word.

I think we should tell Pelosi to hitch a ride with soldier transport. Maybe they'll drop her off somewhere.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has repeatedly requested military aircraft to shuttle her and her colleagues and family around the country, according to a new report from a conservative watchdog group.

Representatives for Judicial Watch, which obtained e-mails and other documents from a Freedom of Information request, said the correspondence shows Pelosi has abused the system in place to accommodate congressional leaders and treated the Air Force as her "personal airline."

The e-mails showed repeated attempts by Pelosi aides to request aircraft, sometimes aggressively, and by Department of Defense officials to accommodate them

Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

what an asswipe

This isn't new. What's striking is that defeaning roar from the left over it.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back