Pelosi lays down the law with Rahm

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
In a recent conversation with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Rahm Emanuel offered some advice on a Democratic House leadership race. Pelosi’s response, according to several Democratic sources: It is “an internal House Democratic Caucus matter, and we’ll handle it.”

Democratic insiders say there’s no animosity between Pelosi and Emanuel, who’s leaving his post as chairman of the House Democratic Caucus to become the next White House chief of staff.

But the speaker is laying down the law nonetheless.

In talks with Emanuel and others, sources say, Pelosi has “set parameters” for what she wants from Barack Obama and his White House staff — no surprises, and no backdoor efforts to go around her and other Democratic leaders by cutting deals with moderate New Democrats or conservative Blue Dogs.

Specifically, Pelosi has told Emanuel that she wants to know when representatives of the incoming administration have any contact with her rank-and-file Democrats — and why, sources say.

:lol::lol::lol:

Pelosi lays down the law with Rahm - John Bresnahan - Politico.com

don't piss off granny pelosi! :lol:

Who does she think she is anyway? The Queen of Congress?

Who does she think she is anyway? The Queen of Congress?
You Betcha

Pelosiqueen.jpg

Actually , while a little heavy handed, it is HER job to run the House democrats and her job as speaker to run the House over all. Or are we suggesting that she should just bow down and scrap and beg from the New President cause he happens to be a Democrat?

I am sure the Liberals on here would agree that a lockstep Legislature with a President is a bad thing? Right?

This is pure theatre.

Pelosi will get lots of opportunities to prove she can "lay down the law" to Emmanuel and/or Obama as they adapt policies and positions that will make the left cringe.

My prediction .. republicans back in control by 2012.

I'm betting that Pelosi ain't up to butting heads with the Chicago thugs,,errrr Dems. I'm betting they will clean her little clock.. :lol:

I'm betting that Pelosi ain't up to butting heads with the Chicago thugs,,errrr Dems. I'm betting they will clean her little clock..

Don't underestimate the little bitch from Baltimore, she got where she is by making backroom deals. Very, very entertaining to watch all this either way.

Good thing is this next Congress isn't going to get much done beyond the stimulus bill.

When he shits in the mornings, he is more productive than Pelosi is all week long. He will ignore her, if he chooses, you can bet on that.

Actually , while a little heavy handed, it is HER job to run the House democrats and her job as speaker to run the House over all. Or are we suggesting that she should just bow down and scrap and beg from the New President cause he happens to be a Democrat?

I am sure the Liberals on here would agree that a lockstep Legislature with a President is a bad thing? Right?

Yes, you are right. We just had a bunch of Republicans that marched in lockstep with a bunch of criminals. Should Obama start the same BS as Bush, then I expect the Democratic House and Senate to take him down.

Which, of course, just scares the crap out of the neo-cons on this board. Imagine something good coming out of the Democratic Executive, House, and Senate after the last eight years.

Liberals have no good ideas so we have little to worry about there. Remind me again how pissed you were at Bush and his 750 billion bail out, then explain Obama and his 850 billion NEW bail out?

Yes, you are right. We just had a bunch of Republicans that marched in lockstep with a bunch of criminals. Should Obama start the same BS as Bush, then I expect the Democratic House and Senate to take him down.

What do you mean by expect?

Yeah--it's going to get fairly comical. Pelosi against the sharp elbow guy Imanuel. Obama has got his hands full with her. He would probably get along better with republican leadership in the congress!

She is so far left -- she's in outer space. Obama has got to stay center. Imanuel trying to reign her in. It should be a very good show!

Forum List

Back