Pelosi- "It is the biggest bang for the buck when you do food stamps and unemployment

From "The Wealthy" of course!

Meaning anyone who has any money left.

This is the Left's belief: There is always money available "from someone else." If there is wealth, then that is evidence of unfairness. And it needs to be taken from them.

Pelosi would be correct if your goal is just to maintain a constant state of high unemployment but not if you want to reverse job losses.

She thinks like a Progressive; that a certain level of unemployment is acceptable. They also think that spending us into poverty is the best-case scenario never caring that this mindset is part of the problem.

"...government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem!" - Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan - Wikiquote

Last edited:
If this is actually true, then we should all be on food stamps and unemployed.

I still don't understand how they can borrow billions and billions and billions of dollars along with collecting taxes from people with jobs then redistribute that money to others in the form of subsidies and call it a net gain.

The CBO (and many on this board) operate under the faulty assumption that is there is a "multiplier effect" of dollars spent. So one dollar spent by the government produces 1.5-$3 of activity in society.
It doesn't. The actual multiplier is less than one. Gov't has to get that money from somewhere. So it is depressing economic activity in one place while juicing it in another. And then there is the toll for the troll, since the programs cost money to administer.
and btw, John McCain labored under this mis-impression as well. So it isn't just Democrats.
So every dollar spent by the gov't actually diminishes economic activity. Obviously you can't do away with all gov't, but decreasing its scope would result in far more economic activity than handing out food stamps.

Actual research shows that the multiplier effect even in wartime (which has the highest impact spending), is only about .8. IOW, government spending has a suppressive impact on economic growth as compared to leaving that money in the private sector to be invested in Real Economically & Business Justified endeavors.

nice....and hey lets not forget, obama care is an out so people can follow their muse....

We see it as an entrepreneurial bill, a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.

Pelosi to Aspiring Musicians: Quit Your Job, Taxpayers Will Cover Your Health Care | CNSnews.com

certifiable.....

That shows how stuid she really is. What if everybody left their job to be creative? Who would pay the bills? Where would the government get it's money?

From "The RIch" of course!

Yes, they will bleed all the can from the "rich" and turn them into the "working poor" or just plain 'poor". Thus landing them in the position of needing food stamps and welfare in turn stimulating the economy and fearing to vote for anything that would take away their "new livelihood"

Nice

It's wonderous that so many conservative economic "experts" fail to take into account that there will be a portion of the population that at one time or another, and through no fault of their own, will be unemployed, in a capitalistic system.

There is also a very small part of the population that is just unemployable.

In both cases..these people need care of some sort.

And Pelosi is absolutely correct. Food stamps and unemployment checks are far cheaper then say, erecting large institutions to feed and cloth people. It also allows for autonomy.

What is an acceptable "part of the population that is just unemployable?"

What exactly do you mean by that?

And how exactly do you employ people suffering from severe health problems? Or is it even really desirable to do so?

It's wonderous that so many conservative economic "experts" fail to take into account that there will be a portion of the population that at one time or another, and through no fault of their own, will be unemployed, in a capitalistic system.

And Pelosi is absolutely correct. Food stamps and unemployment checks are far cheaper then say, erecting large institutions to feed and cloth people. It also allows for autonomy.

And how exactly do you employ people suffering from severe health problems? Or is it even really desirable to do so?

I'm sure you know that's not the sector he was referring to. If you didn't know, this IS part of your problem understanding the real issue.

if they suffer from severe health problems they are most probably getting some form of SS disability....thats DISABILITY, not unemployment benefits. And how many of those do you think there are, fcs....:rolleyes:

You are referring to frictional unemployment. Your so called experts are constantly "surprised" at the numbers. One thing you overlook is, the unemployment is causing damage to credit ratings which is hurting long range consumer spending.

When you consider that republicans in the house and senate do absolutely nothing is their pay and great benefits welfare? I think it is as I cannot think of a single thing they have accomplished in fifty years or more. Actually when you go back and consider the failures of Coolidge/Hoover and Reagan/Bush, it could be morally and legally claimed that when they do anything it is actually bad for the nation. That being the factual case, a pragmatist would argue that welfare for the needy contributes to society, while welfare for the republicans and the rich has a negative impact. So it turns out those who worship and defend the rich are the idiots today. But the rich like them that way.

The Conservative Nanny State

"Conservatives want to use the government to distribute income upward to higher paid workers, business owners, and investors. They support the establishment of rules and structures that have this effect. First and foremost, conservatives support nanny state policies that have the effect of increasing the supply of less-skilled workers (thereby lowering their wages), while at the same time restricting the supply of more highly educated professional employees (thereby raising their wages)."

Neither Republicans nor Democrats do much of anything for their pay and benefits. As of late, it was Pelosi that cast a, rare for the speaker, vote to adjourn the house early.
Pelosi's vote to adjourn could be her last hurrah | DailyTidings.com
This being done while a vote on the Bush Tax Cuts was not done. If you can't see a problem with this, you are lost in partisanship and are being dishonest with yourself. BOTH sides of the aisle are to blame for most all of the country's problems to day and to paint it as one side or the other only is simply not true.
Name another job that has the power of politicians' that takes so much time off? They are leaving early to try and save their jobs while not caring one bit about the jobs of the people of this country.

She voted to adjourn early, because her party has serious campaign problems. Two years of poor leadership. She doesn't deserve another term as Speaker.

She voted to adjourn early, because her party has serious campaign problems. Two years of poor leadership. She doesn't deserve another term as Speaker.

One stupid quote after another tends to make folks lose confidence in you.

"Every week we don't pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.''

"I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels. It's cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels."

"We have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market profits taxes could go a long ways to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as "Americans.""

Nitwit Watch: Dumb quotes from Nancy Pelosi...

In the interest of diversity, Nancy has given us many to choose from.

"Every week we don't pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.''

"I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels. It's cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels."

"We have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market profits taxes could go a long ways to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as "Americans.""

I hate that bitch....

i know off topic... but lets see

We NEED to help 12 million ILLEGAL imigrants? :wtf:

We NEED to help millions of unemployed MINORITIES? :wtf:

i was under the impression that we needed to help ALL American citizens, minority or not. It sounds to me as if she is saying the only people in this country she wants her party to help is the illegals (new voter base) and minorities. :wtf:

total bitch!

I hate that bitch....

i was under the impression that we needed to help ALL American citizens, minority or not. It sounds to me as if she is saying the only people in this country she wants her party to help is the illegals (new voter base) and minorities. :wtf:

total bitch!

That is fourth richest in the House of Representaives bitch to you Syrenn.

She is is flat out nuts. Someone needs to explain to her the concept of wealth creation, as opposed to wealth redistribution.The fact that she occupy the position she does just makes this statement all the more egregious, what a boob.

At a press conference in her home town of San Francisco, Pelosi explained that the program's multiplier effect –the amount of money generated in the local economy as the result of the subsidy– far exceeds the nearly $60 billion spent this year by the federal government and is a sure-fire way to stimulate the economy. For every dollar a person receives in food stamps, Pelosi said that $1.79 is put back into the economy. The U.S. Department of Agriculture cites an even higher figure of $1.84.

"It is the biggest bang for the buck when you do food stamps and unemployment insurance. The biggest bang for the buck," she said.
Gingrich on Tuesday wrote a letter critical of the Democrats' stewardship of the economy and urged all Republican candidates to shape the political debate as one "between the Democratic Party of food stamps and the Republican Party of paychecks."
Pelosi fires back at Gingrich over food stamps – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

What Pelosi says is simply fact. You don't seem to worry much about them.

I hate that bitch....

total bitch!

That is fourth richest in the House of Representaives bitch to you Syrenn.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

:lol:

Forum List

Back