Pelosi Ignoring the will of the people.

Nancy Pelosi, championed herself as a real agent of responsible change in the house. She has, in a cowardly manner taken impeachment off the table. Even though Bush/Cheney's crimes are so overwhelming, that she is saying that Bush/Cheney are so impeachable, that we can't impeach them! Cindy Sheehan is gathering signatures to get on the ballot to face Pelosi to challenge her, to stand up to Bush/Cheney. Cindy Sheehan For Congress*:*Index Nanci Pelosi, is a coward and drunk with power and corruption. She has failed to deliver on her promises and has even ignored the will of the people to remove a war criminal from office and bring him up on charges! The small man from Ohio has the balls to face the Juggernaut Bush/Cheney. Things are so pathetic, that Dennis Kucinich cannot even mention the word impeachment at impeachment hearings. It is time to impeach Nanci Pelosi!

Last edited:
Drilling for oil is a very misguided attempt at solving the nations oil crisis. It does nothing to stop the greedy oil executives who keep driving up the price of oil or the speculators who inflate the price of oil based on projections. It leaves these people in charge of the price fixing racket. It is not a supply problem. It is a bunch of greedy corporations squeezing the american taxpayer for as much as they can get away with! Drilling will not solve anything. Lets get off of foreign oil all together. Lets make a car that runs on purely water!:eusa_whistle:

:omg: "weenies" ? did you say "Our choices are weenies? :omg:

She ...... is/was/whatever they are .... married to the biggest "WEENIE" of all time! :popcorn: Next?
The problem with Hillary is that she started to use John McCain as an ally in her campaign against Obama. She sold out the Democratic party, and used her campaign as a springboard to power and control. Bill and Hillary toward the end of their collective terms started becoming friends with the Republicans and started adopting their policies as their own. It serves the notion that the two party elected dictatorship is really the same. :eusa_whistle:

"The people" want a lot of things when they are scared by their government and they choose to ignore that government's own reports saying drilling won't change a thing.

You do know that's because the drilled oil would go at international market rates. And China and India aren't going to use less oil.

But I'm sure there'd be a "psychological" benefit to drilling like McCain says.

Me? I don't need Dr Phil for president. Let's deal in reality, not "psychological benefits" from destroying our environment to benefit oil companies.

Or... you could force the oil companies to drill on their own leases....

heaven forbid they couldn't use those leases for speculation, right?

Wrong as usual, just Bush removing the Presidential ban brought prices down 10 dollars in a couple days. Congress doing the same thing would drop them even further.

Speculators only work when they have everyone afraid that the item will be scarce for some reason. Long term is the game not short term. Long term the scare drops dramatically with Bush both dropping the ban AND talking to Iran. Add in Congress doing the same and prices will fall fast.

Yep, instead of Congress going after speculators, why don't we just give the speculators a reason to speculate the price down. By telling them we are going to drill, and take steps to lower demand as well.

After all speculation goes both ways.

The problem with Hillary is that she started to use John McCain as an ally in her campaign against Obama. She sold out the Democratic party, and used her campaign as a springboard to power and control. Bill and Hillary toward the end of their collective terms started becoming friends with the Republicans and started adopting their policies as their own. It serves the notion that the two party elected dictatorship is really the same. :eusa_whistle:
I found her refreshingly honest, Greenie. It's quite possible that McCain is a better choice than Obama, for the country at least. Except for his gagaism...but I'll not vote for him.

Not sure what I think about OSD but the "Will of the people" argument on such issues is pretty weak because we can't simply allow quantity to steer our actions.

Ah yes, "the our representatives are not actually there to represent us argument." :)

You are correct that they do not have to do as we want, that much is true, but if they do not they do so at their own detriment.

I can't wait to see what Nancy has to say about T. Boone going before congress and telling them we need alternatives, and we also need to drill for as much of our own oil as we can.

IMO this issue is first and foremost about getting off of foreign oil, and less about prices.

We need to do everything in our power to get off the foreign oil, and drilling for our own oil, Everywhere we can, is one way to do that.

At least we would have another choice. This election sucks.

You do have other choices. For god sakes people, Stop buying the lie that 3rd party candidates are not viable. Will they win this time if you vote for them? Probably not. But if enough of us do, and they get enough of he vote. They get federal matching funds, Better access to ballots, and better access to debates in the next election.

Not to mention that it would send a clear message to the Dems And Reps that people are fed up with their asses and want real leaders who listen to the people and not just the special interests.

I myself am very torn on this issue. I just said all that, but Still I think about Obama being president and I worry his tax and spend policies will only sink our economy more, and increase out debt more.I hear McCain paying lip service to cutting spending and taxes, and balancing the budget, but his plan on how to do so is rather vague and appears to count mainly on cutting pork barrel spending, Growing the economy(which seems kind of unlikely right now) and reforms to SS, and Medicade/Medicare yikes. It really is a tough situation. :(

Last edited:
Ah yes, "the our representatives are not actually there to represent us argument." :)

You are correct that they do not have to do as we want, that much is true, but if they do not they do so at their own detriment.

I can't wait to see what Nancy has to say about T. Boone going before congress and telling them we need alternatives, and we also need to drill for as much of our own oil as we can.

IMO this issue is first and foremost about getting off of foreign oil, and less about prices.

We need to do everything in our power to get off the foreign oil, and drilling for our own oil, Everywhere we can, is one way to do that.

The Representatives are there to represent us but not on the basis of tyranny of the majority. That is specifically why we do not live in a Democracy. What if the majority wanted to make everyone under 5'5" tall work in sweatshops? By the "Will of the people" argument that should happen but common sense dictates the obvious absurdity of doing something just because a majority wants it done.

As for getting off of foreign oil...well...we could be drilling in every possible square inch of American soil and we still wouldn't retreat from control over foreign oil. We aren't in the middle east to literally "take the oil" as in shipping it Stateside. We are there to control the oil from production to refinery to distribution.

Moreover, if dependency on foreign energy sources was a real concern we would be seeking alt energy sources. Instead, our government permits companies to squash those attempts, such as the all electric Toyota RAV-EV model. Some americans want to reduce dependency on foreign oil but it's from a rather naïve position believing if we do that we can bring our troops home. Even if the US used zero oil for cars we would still be expanding in the ME. This isn't about oil, it's about geo-political currency and control.

You do have other choices. For god sakes people, Stop buying the lie that 3rd party candidates are not viable. Will they win this time if you vote for them? Probably not. But if enough of us do, and they get enough of he vote. They get federal matching funds, Better access to ballots, and better access to debates in the next election.

Not to mention that it would send a clear message to the Dems And Reps that people are fed up with their asses and want real leaders who listen to the people and not just the special interests.

I myself am very torn on this issue. I just said all that, but Still I think about Obama being president and I worry his tax and spend policies will only sink our economy more, and increase out debt more.I hear McCain paying lip service to cutting spending and taxes, and balancing the budget, but his plan on how to do so is rather vague and appears to count mainly on cutting pork barrel spending, Growing the economy(which seems kind of unlikely right now) and reforms to SS, and Medicade/Medicare yikes. It really is a tough situation. :(

Great point! Iam always amazed how we fool ourselves into believing there are always only two choices and everytime someone tells me a 3rd party vote is a waste I tell them (1) No vote is ever wasted and (2) They are the reason we are stuck with two choices because they perpetuate the bi-candidacy monopoly. What is it? Do people want to just sound politically savvy by saying a candidate will win by default unless we put the other guy in office?

Had a guy at work go off a couple of weeks ago shocked that I won't vote for McCain to keep Obama out. I explained I will sleep better at night knowing I took no positive steps to put either one in office.

Americans as a whole are amazingly politically ignorant and apathetic believing a few minutes of CNN or Fox "educates" them about the issues. The Ph.Ds are the ones who think an hour of talk radio puts them over the top. We are a bit too much like Rome. The only difference is we have Colisseums in our living rooms. Even with our troops dying in unnecessary occupations that cause more harm to us and the world we are still collectively too caught up in our American Idols to give a rat's.

Great point! Iam always amazed how we fool ourselves into believing there are always only two choices and everytime someone tells me a 3rd party vote is a waste I tell them (1) No vote is ever wasted and (2) They are the reason we are stuck with two choices because they perpetuate the bi-candidacy monopoly. What is it? Do people want to just sound politically savvy by saying a candidate will win by default unless we put the other guy in office?

Had a guy at work go off a couple of weeks ago shocked that I won't vote for McCain to keep Obama out. I explained I will sleep better at night knowing I took no positive steps to put either one in office.

Americans as a whole are amazingly politically ignorant and apathetic believing a few minutes of CNN or Fox "educates" them about the issues. The Ph.Ds are the ones who think an hour of talk radio puts them over the top. We are a bit too much like Rome. The only difference is we have Colisseums in our living rooms. Even with our troops dying in unnecessary occupations that cause more harm to us and the world we are still collectively too caught up in our American Idols to give a rat's.

As O campaigns he makes promises to every group that will want to collect on these political promises. Where will all this money come from. He has said that he will end the war in Iraq and use that money but already he has practically committed the US to a useless war in Iran, so we know where the Iraq money will go. Flip flop should be his middle name. He has committed 500,000 to global hunger in Africa, better dig deep in our pockets if O is elected. He now says that he won't get around to healthcare until his second term, assuming he gets the first one. He has promised the American Indians help, the list goes on and on while people like Pelosi, Reid, Kerry, Kennedy back him up. They need to be voted out and third party is certainly an option.

Every time these politicians stand in the way of us being independent more people are subjugated to poverty and more people will die.

Pelosi and Reid are killing Americans by not allowing American Oil to be sold to Americans.

It is because they want more power over you.

Just bought gas for $3.95 a gallon.

$0.12 lower than the highest I've seen it.

Hopeful crude it peaked at $142 a barrel and will continue to drop.

It damned well better, or a lot of us are going have a hard winter.

The Representatives are there to represent us but not on the basis of tyranny of the majority. That is specifically why we do not live in a Democracy. What if the majority wanted to make everyone under 5'5" tall work in sweatshops? By the "Will of the people" argument that should happen but common sense dictates the obvious absurdity of doing something just because a majority wants it done.

I am well aware of that, Like I said they can ignore the will of 75% of Americans if they want, it is perfectly legal for them to do so. However if they do they do so at their own cost. As in it will cost them votes.

Forum List

Back