Pelosi- House lacks votes to pass Health Bill...

AmericasBrave58

Retired USN Nurse(Vietnam
Dec 31, 2009
Seattle,Washington
Pelosi: House lacks votes to OK Senate health bill - DailyFinance

:doubt: Because of the many disputes in Congress, between the GOP and Democrats,Pelosi may have to use her head for something other than a hat rack, and brings these 2 parties together, and res-establish better relations, other wise!!!:cuckoo: Obama and his administration, will fall flat on their political faces, they are fast on the way as it is doing so.

Why the frown? Pelosi is poison. Pelosi is a power monger. Pelosi is anti-constitution...hence, anti-USA.

I hope she loses her next election, too.

The health care bill penned by Pelosi and Reid is nothing more than a means to control the people. It would have set health care back 50 years or more.

Maybe she should let HR3400 out of committee..you know, the one the Republicans wrote.

Last edited:

:doubt: Because of the many disputes in Congress, between the GOP and Democrats,Pelosi may have to use her head for something other than a hat rack, and brings these 2 parties together, and res-establish better relations, other wise!!!:cuckoo: Obama and his administration, will fall flat on their political faces, they are fast on the way as it is doing so.

I'd already covered this. The house dems only have but two options.

1. Pass the senate version and put faith in the senate dems or...
2. Go all in, lose, Health care reform is dead and many of them will be out of a job in November

As a voting democrat, I'd already sent emails to sime democratic leaders telling them what's going to happen. I'd even set a date; have it signed into law no later than March.

You heard it here first.

2. Go all in, lose, Health care reform is dead and many of them will be out of a job in November

As a voting democrat, I'd already sent emails to sime democratic leaders telling them what's going to happen. I'd even set a date; have it signed into law no later than March.

You heard it here first.

Democrats are losing elections for trying to pass Obamacare, not for not having done it already.

You heard it here first.

Democrats are losing elections for trying to pass Obamacare, not for not having done it already.

It's a "damn if you do, damn if you don't" scenario, SE! My position has history on its side.

Everytime the White House and the Congress are controlled by the same party, that party ultimately loses control of congress after the next midterm elections.

I'm prepared for the possibility that we will lose congressional control this November, just like the GOP is preparing for the possibility that Obama will win reelection.

In short, I'm saying, "Die on your feet and not on your knees". We both know that the senate GOPs are going to filibuster this until November. I say, "Screw that! Get this issue knocked out!!!"

Food for thought.

I think any Democrat that votes in favor of the Health Reform Bill is committing political suicide and they know it. The smart Democrats are opening their eyes to the fact that the majority of the American public does not want ObamaCare nor the debt it would cause. It's time to quit trying to shove this down the publics throat and call it what it is - DEAD. Time to move on to the next liberal Democrat boondoggle and attempt to get it passed before the Democrats loose their majority in both houses of congress. My crystal ball tells me that if you want to be an unemployed Democrat Congresscritter, continue to side with this looney one-term President Obama.

I would keep an eye on the congress I wouldn't put it passed these sneaky bastard to try to pass this in the middle of the night when the American public is sleeping.

I would keep an eye on the congress I wouldn't put it passed these sneaky bastard to try to pass this in the middle of the night when the American public is sleeping.

They don't have the votes in their own party to pass it. If they can't get their own people to vote for it, they can't pass it.

The health care plan from the congress and senate are dead, it's over. If Pelosi can pull her head out of those dark, dark places and work towards true health care reform instead of the takeover of 6% of our economy- it could happen, it not the dems are toast for the 2010 elections.

I think any Democrat that votes in favor of the Health Reform Bill is committing political suicide and they know it. The smart Democrats are opening their eyes to the fact that the majority of the American public does not want ObamaCare nor the debt it would cause. It's time to quit trying to shove this down the publics throat and call it what it is - DEAD. Time to move on to the next liberal Democrat boondoggle and attempt to get it passed before the Democrats loose their majority in both houses of congress. My crystal ball tells me that if you want to be an unemployed Democrat Congresscritter, continue to side with this looney one-term President Obama.

The talking heads are now saying that Obama needs to move towards the middle like Clinton did after his failed attempt at taking over health care. The problem is Clinton inherited a great economy from the Reagan years. Clinton did not have to deal with a recession, and real jobless numbers of 17.2 %. Plus he did not have to deal with a far, far left congress and senate that Obama has. People are down right pissed off that the economy and the lack of jobs have not been Obama's #1 priority. I don't think that he can recover from that. He has lost the trust of the American people because he promised us everything during his campaign, transperency, ear mark reform, special interests, lobbyists and he has done exactly opposite of what he said he was going to do. He is damaged goods now to the electorate, he has lost all trust, even from his left leaning base on the public option, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Gitmo.

I can't believe that house democrats have not asked her to resign as majority leader yet. I think she intends to take them all down with her--:lol::lol:

This crazy woman is nothing more than a political partisan hack--who is absolutely incapable of working with the opposite side of the isle. She locks them out of every meeting--shuts down the micro-phone when they are speaking.

They need to file 13 this bill & start over again with sensable reform that requires simple legislation not an outright take over of the medical industry in this country.

They don't have the votes in their own party to pass it. If they can't get their own people to vote for it, they can't pass it.

As we have witnessed the only way they get their own party to vote for it--is to bribe them first---:lol::lol:

In that, I would assume if you have to be bribed into voting for something--it's probably a horrid bill.

As we have witnessed the only way they get their own party to vote for it--is to bribe them first---:lol::lol:

In that, I would assume if you have to be bribed into voting for something--it's probably a horrid bill.

True. I just wonder if they can afford the price if they do. Because a lot of them would lose their seats if they vote for it.... I wonder what incentive Obama could offer to get them on board.

True. I just wonder if they can afford the price if they do. Because a lot of them would lose their seats if they vote for it.... I wonder what incentive Obama could offer to get them on board.

The incentive would be bribes. ONly problem is there ain't enough money to bribe the entire House and Senate.

Oh yeah. They will all be baleing off the good ship Obama in droves. Self preservation in tow.

The incentive would be bribes. ONly problem is there ain't enough money to bribe the entire House and Senate.

Oh yeah. They will all be baleing off the good ship Obama in droves. Self preservation in tow.

I think some of them would be more concerned about the reaction of their base if they vote for this despite the very clear message that Americans do not want this bill (clear to everyone except the Democrats that is). Maybe they're all seeing what happened to Nelson when he got back from selling his base down the river. That guy can't even eat out! :lol:

The talking heads are now saying that Obama needs to move towards the middle like Clinton did after his failed attempt at taking over health care. The problem is Clinton inherited a great economy from the Reagan years. Clinton did not have to deal with a recession, and real jobless numbers of 17.2 %. Plus he did not have to deal with a far, far left congress and senate that Obama has. People are down right pissed off that the economy and the lack of jobs have not been Obama's #1 priority. I don't think that he can recover from that. He has lost the trust of the American people because he promised us everything during his campaign, transperency, ear mark reform, special interests, lobbyists and he has done exactly opposite of what he said he was going to do. He is damaged goods now to the electorate, he has lost all trust, even from his left leaning base on the public option, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Gitmo.

Right, it was almost as if he were taking advantage of U.S. citizens in a vulnerable time to pass this healthcare reform and it went sour. I mean during a time of huge unemployment #'s and so many without healthcare and a bill such as his being shot down so strongly in public opinion says something for the American resolve still. They do believe things will get better even if they gotta wait to vote him out to make it better.

A few months after Obama was elected I said he will be a one term president because of Pelosi. She comes from a gerrymandered district in liberal nutcase San Francisco and never has to worry about losing her seat. She can say dumb things all day long and her otherwise seemingly intelligent voters just look the other way.
As long as I live I will never understand the mentality that says support your political party over your Country.

Why the frown? Pelosi is poison. Pelosi is a power monger. Pelosi is anti-constitution...hence, anti-USA.

I hope she loses her next election, too.

The health care bill penned by Pelosi and Reid is nothing more than a means to control the people. It would have set health care back 50 years or more.

Maybe she should let HR3400 out of committee..you know, the one the Republicans wrote.

yeah she is so horrable ...

Forum List

Back