Pelosi "Hit the Roof"

The bill from hell continues...

I'm actually more interested, believe it or not, in the point raised by the OP. Pelosi made a huge mistake pitting herself against a popular newly elected president. If she thought she'd win that battle, she was mistaken.

I'm ok with that.

Agreed - fascinating battle being waged within the party.

Perhaps Pelosi will utilize her considerable feminine wiles to raise her political influence back to previous levels...

pelosi.jpg

The bill from hell continues...

I'm actually more interested, believe it or not, in the point raised by the OP. Pelosi made a huge mistake pitting herself against a popular newly elected president. If she thought she'd win that battle, she was mistaken.

I'm ok with that.

Agreed - fascinating battle being waged within the party.

It is. It's not like Dems have ever been homogeneous. What was it Will Rogers said? "I'm not a membre of any organized political party. I'm a democrat".

Can Pelosi lose her position as speaker?

YES.

If she does not get back into the good graces of Obama, she could face a challenge for the speakership within her own party...

How does that work? (other than the obvious: losing her seat in 2010's elections)

The Speaker position is voted on by members of the House of Representatives. The White House, when inhabited by a popular President, can exert a great deal of influence on this election process. So even if she is re-elected in her own district, she could face losing her Speaker position.

Before it reached that point, she would likely step down so as to avoid the humiliation of being voted out as Speaker.

She is not at that point yet - but her influence has been seriously compromised in recent weeks.

Forum List

Back