Pelosi: Dems bear no responsibility for economic crisis

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
According to Pelosi, Democrats bear no responsibility for the economy woes... just Republicans... The problem with this is that Republicans don't control anything except the White House, and if anyone knows anything about the Constitution, the President doesn't make the laws... so how can this be true?

TheHill.com

According to Pelosi, Democrats bear no responsibility for the economy woes... just Republicans... The problem with this is that Republicans don't control anything except the White House, and if anyone knows anything about the Constitution, the President doesn't make the laws... so how can this be true?

TheHill.com

Pelosi (D-Calif.) ripped President Bush’s “mismanagement” of the economy and a lack of regulation that led to the current situation.

Aren't you the ones who are always complaining that dems want regulation and oversight and don't let the "free market" have its way?

TheHill.com

Didn't you spend the last 8 years defending Bush's economy, and telling us the bush tax cuts would put us on a path of robust and sustained job and wage growth?

NONE!!! Anything we tried to do since 2007, Bush has veto'ed. In fact, the GOP have obstructed progress on purpose since they lost control of both houses because they want to run against a "do nothing" Congress led by Democrats.

They must think the public is really stupid. I tend to agree with them. But I suspect a lot of Republicans who were not up for re-election in 06 are going to lose their seats. And not a lot of Democrats will lose their seats because back home, people know their democrats only had a one person majority, and that person is Lieberman.

The GOP shut the dems out of the process from 2000-2006. Tom THE HAMMER Delay was ruthless. They deregulated all these industries. They set up the offshore tax loopholes. THey are the reason we have no money and no jobs.

Didn't you spend the last 8 years defending Bush's economy, and telling us the bush tax cuts would put us on a path of robust and sustained job and wage growth?

What does this have to do with a 290 page energy bill that Pelosi is trying to slip by us that will do nothing???? Liberals should be pissed about this too! News flash.... Liberals pay the same for gas as Conservatives....as far as I know anyway...

NONE!!! Anything we tried to do since 2007, Bush has veto'ed. In fact, the GOP have obstructed progress on purpose since they lost control of both houses because they want to run against a "do nothing" Congress led by Democrats.

They must think the public is really stupid. I tend to agree with them. But I suspect a lot of Republicans who were not up for re-election in 06 are going to lose their seats. And not a lot of Democrats will lose their seats because back home, people know their democrats only had a one person majority, and that person is Lieberman.

The GOP shut the dems out of the process from 2000-2006. Tom THE HAMMER Delay was ruthless. They deregulated all these industries. They set up the offshore tax loopholes. THey are the reason we have no money and no jobs.

I don't know why I am even responding to you...But do you have any proof?

I don't know why I am even responding to you...But do you have any proof?

Aides to then-Attorney General Alberto Gonzales improperly considered political affiliations and ideologies in hiring, but Gonzales was unaware of those actions, according to results of an investigation released Monday by the Justice Department internal watchdog.

Employing a method known as "catch and release," DeLay allowed centrist or moderately conservative Republicans to take turns voting against controversial bills. If a representative said that a bill was unpopular in his district, then DeLay would ask him to vote for it only if his vote were necessary for passage; if his vote were not needed, then the representative would be able to vote against the party without reprisal.[citation needed]

DeLay was elected House Majority Leader after the 2002 midterm elections, and compelled House Republicans to unite to an unprecedented degree, especially in support of President George W. Bush's agenda. In the early 2000s, DeLay helped to coordinate efforts to redistrict congressional districts in Texas to favor the election of more Republicans.

In 2005, a Texas grand jury indicted DeLay on criminal charges that he had conspired to violate campaign finance laws during that period.

WASHINGTON -- The federal legal system is designed to stop politics at the courthouse door -- but the Bush administration seems to have broken that door down.

That's the unmistakeable conclusion of a 140-page report, issued Monday by the Justice Department's Inspector General and Office of Professional Responsibility, that lambasted Bush Justice Department appointees for allowing political considerations to trump skill and experience in appointments to key
career posts.

I think it's fucking HILARIOUS that the party who controlled congress until 06 and HAVE the barest minority currently are trying like a motherfucker to act like this is all the dems fault. For real, pussies. take your balls back out of the drawer and stand by YOUR POLICIES.

Where are all the Republicans today? Hello???? I've seen a couple but most of them are worried after yesterday.

This girl at work usually replies to my morning email about how the GOP suck but today she has nothing to say. Yesterday was great for Obama.

What a crock of unbelievable BS. I am not sure which is more BS. Pelosi and her lies, or bobo trying to say Bush Vetoed everything the Dems tried to do, when in fact Bush has used his veto less times than any president since Harding.

The level of BS you guys are willing to stoop to is unbelievable.

Dems have blocked every attempt at getting new sources of Oil, and New Refineries, and New Nuke plants, for 30 years now, and then they have the Balls to claim they have no responsibility as it pertains to the current economic crisis.

Priceless.

What a crock of unbelievable BS. I am not sure which is more BS. Pelosi and her lies, or bobo trying to say Bush Vetoed everything the Dems tried to do, when in fact Bush has used his veto less times than any president since Harding.

Dems have blocked every attempt at getting new sources of Oil, and New Refineries, and New Nuke plants, for 30 years now, and then they have the Balls to claim they have no responsibility as it pertains to the current economic crisis.

Priceless.

You can't believe anything boo boo says... She doesn't have any facts and then she goes off on some other subject... typical lib tactics... Her and jillian aren't even worth replying to... Evidentally they are so rich that they don't mind paying $4 a gallon...

TheHill.com

I know you want to escape responsibility for voting for Bush twice, for drinking the kool aid and cheerleading republican policies for 8 years.

Republicans wrote the laws for 14 of the last 16 years.

And for the last 8 years, your president - the guy you voted for twice - has been in charge of all the government's regulatory, and enforcement agencies.

You seem to think all a president does is sign bills.

The president runs the entire damn executive branch of the government. He runs all the regulatory agencies, the Treasury department, the SEC, every damn agency that is supposed to enforce and apply the rule of law to interstate commerce.

Aren't you the ones who are always complaining that dems want regulation and oversight and don't let the "free market" have its way?

The dems want to regulate WHO the financial institutions can loan money to, i.e., they want them to loan money to high-risk populations to ensure that all foreign-born and first-generation Americans can get a home, despite the fact they work at minimum wage jobs...while at the same time, limiting the amount of money the lenders can make from such high risk adventures.

of COURSE the bottom fell out of the housing market.

Then the dems idiotically determined not to bail out the corporations when they flounder....so OF COURSE people start losing money and banks start closing..and the #1 insurer looks to go bankrupt as well.

:clap2:
Yay for liberalism and income redistribution. Look how incredibly well it's working.

You do realize Obama's economic advisor was a Fannie Mae POS, right?

I know you want to escape responsibility for voting for Bush twice, for drinking the kool aid and cheerleading republican policies for 8 years.

Republicans wrote the laws for 14 of the last 16 years.

And for the last 8 years, your president - the guy you voted for twice - has been in charge of all the government's regulatory, and enforcement agencies.

You seem to think all a president does is sign bills.

The president runs the entire damn executive branch of the government. He runs all the regulatory agencies, the Treasury department, the SEC, every damn agency that is supposed to enforce and apply the rule of law to interstate commerce.

The Federal Reserve System is a congressionally-chartered agency like the USPS and NASA. It is organized with a 100% government agency at the top (the Board of Governors), and branches beneath them that resemble corporations. (http://www.federalreserveeducation.org/f... )

The Board of Governors are all appointed for 14-year terms by the president and confirmed by congress. It operates per it's charter and laws set by congress. it is overseen by congress. There is no structure or mechanism for private ownership at this level; it is a government agency. Board members are forbidden by law to have any economic interest in a private bank. (Ref: Title 12 chapter 3 of the U.S. Legal Code). The Board determines monetary policy and provides high level oversight of the branches.

The 12 branches, however, are organized to involve member banks in the day-to-day operation. Member banks are required to buy shares in their branch. Each bank has one vote. The shares get a standard 6% dividend. They can vote for 6 of their 9 board members. All 'profit' from the Federal Reserve branches are turned over to the Treasury at the end of the year

Who actually owns and runs the Federal Reserve? the US Govt? Private sector? both? - Yahoo! Answers

Well looking at both sides blaming the other, what a farce.

Hey Dems, you were the ones saying that Bush held sole responsibility for 9/11, ignoring all that went before, same thing here.

GOP, you were the ones that said that it was the Dems that had influenced all during 8 years of Clinton, that the 'scandals' had demoralized the process. Well it's been nearly 8 years of a Republican administration and Bush can't stop bailing out failing industry scandals, on the backs of taxpayers for the next X number of years.

Try to remember, we're all Americans and we're all fucked.

Last edited:

Priceless.

Ok charlie, you under aware mother fucker. then we'll go with the filabuster. The gop who wanted to introduce the nuclear option when they were in power, have used the filabuster more than the dems did, and they've only been the minority for less than two yrs.

You clearly don't know what's going on or how politics are played. so naïve its almost laughable.

I've been telling you the gop have been giving unfair tax breaks and that their deregulations were going to cause problems and you consistently have been wrong at every level. Remember you didn't think bush vetoed any democratic bills?

Bottom line is that everything you and mccain stand for and believe are why the economy is in the tank.

Loopholes that lost us $500 billion in tax revenue, deregulations, the war, oil prices, tax breaks to the rich, record spending.

Mccain only voted against bush bills that would pass anyways.

It is amazing how wrong the gop and you can be and you still open your motherfucking mouths. give us 2 yrs and we'll fix what you broke. until 2010 midterm, shut the fuck up.

Ok charlie, you under aware mother fucker. then we'll go with the filabuster. The gop who wanted to introduce the nuclear option when they were in power, have used the filabuster more than the dems did, and they've only been the minority for less than two yrs.

You clearly don't know what's going on or how politics are played. so naïve its almost laughable.

I've been telling you the gop have been giving unfair tax breaks and that their deregulations were going to cause problems and you consistently have been wrong at every level. Remember you didn't think bush vetoed any democratic bills?

Bottom line is that everything you and mccain stand for and believe are why the economy is in the tank.

Loopholes that lost us $500 billion in tax revenue, deregulations, the war, oil prices, tax breaks to the rich, record spending.

Mccain only voted against bush bills that would pass anyways.

It is amazing how wrong the gop and you can be and you still open your motherfucking mouths. give us 2 yrs and we'll fix what you broke. until 2010 midterm, shut the fuck up.

I said it before and I will say it again, you are a child Bobo.

Grow up!

Last edited:
Well looking at both sides blaming the other, what a farce.

Hey Dems, you were the ones saying that Bush held so responsibility for 9/11, ignoring all that went before, same thing here.

GOP, you were the ones that said that it was the Dems that had influenced all during 8 years of Clinton, that the 'scandals' had demoralized the process. Well it's been nearly 8 years of a Republican administration and Bush can't stop bailing out failing industry scandals, on the backs of taxpayers for the next X number of years.

Try to remember, we're all Americans and we're all fucked.

What did the dems do? Regardless of what the clinton gov. did with the Newt congress, the delay/bush government is responsible for what's going on now.

Its too much to explain, but I'll try. Look up Tom Delay's bio. He got into politics because the governmnt made the fertilizer he sold ilegal because it was harmful. He got int politics because he hates all regulations. Just wait till we find out how much they poluted. right now all prosecutors are loyal bushies. the attorney general is a neo con to. they politicized everything. that illegal, but also another story.

anyways, mccain, bush and the gop hate regulations. ron paul too. so their deregulations caused this mess.

then there is the record spending. consider all the waste in iraq, on defense spending in general. enron loopholes for rich corporations that allowed them to avoid at least $500 billion. the same firms like lehman brothers that found all these loopholes for overseas firms are the ones going bankrupt. look at what their ceo's make. off topic.....

see, no such thing as free markets. the rich get bailed out. privatize the profits and socialize the losses. that's the gop montra.

sure clinton signed nafta. globalization is inevidable. but the gop gave their corporate buddies tax breaks for going overseas. that forced companies to leave. that's taking it to the next level.

one more. the gop is run by oil men. the oil companies gouged us and the gop loked the other way. the dems won't do that.

If you vote mccain, you are either rich or dumb. even the rich don't like what's going on. this is even hurting the rich.

Why did Lehman Brothers go out of business? They went 7 years tax free and unregulated.

Seems if we just taxed and regulated them like we did in the 90's, we'd be in better shape now.

PS. Do you think all the CEO's in America know the shit is going to hit the fan and that's why they are raping their corporations with golden parachutes? If they know the company is going bust anyways, why not?

Forum List

Back