Pelosi, Democrats furious over Netanyahu 'condescension'

Secret agent "O" to the rescue! NO PHOTOSHOP!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

Gun.gif
A president as fake as his special ops skills.

Throughout these last few days Netanyahu has acted like a statesman and Obama has acted like a spoiled, only child.
You should review the speeches Bibi gave when he advised the invasion of Iraq and predicted a rosy outcome.
Link?
Woukd that outcome include ousting Saddam and establishing a democratic government? Because that's just what happened.

WASHINGTON — House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi politely stood and clapped when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu entered the House chamber for his long-awaited, and highly controversial, speech to Congress. The longer he spoke, the less enthusiastic she got.

At one point, when Netanyahu suggested his nation's relationship with the United States should be above politics, Pelosi looked at her lap and shook her head. When he declared that, "if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand," Pelosi threw her hands up in exasperation. More than once, she turned to her deputy, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, and appeared to vent. And even before Netanyahu had begun his ascent up the center aisle toward the exit, Pelosi pivoted and headed out a different door and into the Democratic cloakroom.

"I was near tears throughout the prime minister's speech — saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States," she fumed in a statement afterward, adding that she didn't appreciate "the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation."

Pelosi's was the highest-profile sign that Netanyahu had inflamed his relationship with some congressional Democrats with his address to Congress, a 39-minute warning that Obama's negotiations on limiting Iran's nuclear capability would all but guarantee that Tehran gets nuclear weapons. Even as he spoke, the Obama administration pressed on with those talks, and the president dismissed Netanyahu's speech by noting that "foreign policy runs through the executive branch and the president, not through other channels."

More than four dozen Democrats skipped the speech altogether, offended by an array of developments before they even got to the policy substance of the speech itself.

*snip*

"It was putting Netanyahu on an equal level with the president of the United States," said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. "And that was wrong."

*snip*

But Cohen and 11 other House Democrats later expounded on their multiple frustrations with the speech, including the substance. His statement about Israel standing alone particularly chafed.

"I think that's delusional," said Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., who skipped the speech. "The notion somehow that he thinks that Israel can just bull through this on their own against the world ... Israelis don't believe that."

"What I heard today felt to me like an effort to stampede the United States into war once again," said Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., who also skipped the speech.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., said the speech was "straight out of the Dick Cheney playbook — fearmongering at its worst."

and my guess is you low IQ VOTERS were pissed because they were

this proves CLASS, respect, manners, pride doesn't exist in that ugly party you support
COMING FROM A LOW IQ VOTER LIKE YOU STEPHONEY REALLY DOESN'T SAY MUCH HERE...

WASHINGTON — House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi politely stood and clapped when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu entered the House chamber for his long-awaited, and highly controversial, speech to Congress. The longer he spoke, the less enthusiastic she got.

At one point, when Netanyahu suggested his nation's relationship with the United States should be above politics, Pelosi looked at her lap and shook her head. When he declared that, "if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand," Pelosi threw her hands up in exasperation. More than once, she turned to her deputy, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, and appeared to vent. And even before Netanyahu had begun his ascent up the center aisle toward the exit, Pelosi pivoted and headed out a different door and into the Democratic cloakroom.

"I was near tears throughout the prime minister's speech — saddened by the insult to the intelligence of the United States," she fumed in a statement afterward, adding that she didn't appreciate "the condescension toward our knowledge of the threat posed by Iran and our broader commitment to preventing nuclear proliferation."

Pelosi's was the highest-profile sign that Netanyahu had inflamed his relationship with some congressional Democrats with his address to Congress, a 39-minute warning that Obama's negotiations on limiting Iran's nuclear capability would all but guarantee that Tehran gets nuclear weapons. Even as he spoke, the Obama administration pressed on with those talks, and the president dismissed Netanyahu's speech by noting that "foreign policy runs through the executive branch and the president, not through other channels."

More than four dozen Democrats skipped the speech altogether, offended by an array of developments before they even got to the policy substance of the speech itself.

*snip*

"It was putting Netanyahu on an equal level with the president of the United States," said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. "And that was wrong."

*snip*

But Cohen and 11 other House Democrats later expounded on their multiple frustrations with the speech, including the substance. His statement about Israel standing alone particularly chafed.

"I think that's delusional," said Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., who skipped the speech. "The notion somehow that he thinks that Israel can just bull through this on their own against the world ... Israelis don't believe that."

"What I heard today felt to me like an effort to stampede the United States into war once again," said Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., who also skipped the speech.

Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., said the speech was "straight out of the Dick Cheney playbook — fearmongering at its worst."

Are you saying you approve of the behavior of this petulant dingbat?

*snip*

*snip*

Priceless from one of the clowns,your type blubbers and foams at the mouth bitching about drummed up scandals from the right,yet here you are doing just what your cry about daily,the but hurt is a prime example of a drummed up fake scandal,get over it,elections have consequences,the people don't trust your type anymore.

Throughout these last few days Netanyahu has acted like a statesman and Obama has acted like a spoiled, only child.
You should review the speeches Bibi gave when he advised the invasion of Iraq and predicted a rosy outcome.
Link?
Woukd that outcome include ousting Saddam and establishing a democratic government? Because that's just what happened.
"If you take out Saddam, Saddam's regime, I guarantee you that it will have enormous positive reverberations on the region," Netanyahu claimed. "And I think that people sitting right next door in Iran, young people, and many others, will say the time of such regimes, of such despots is gone."

Video here: Benjamin Netanyahu s not-so-prescient 2002 message to Congress about Iraq - Vox

Link?
"If you take out Saddam, Saddam's regime, I guarantee you that it will have enormous positive reverberations on the region," Netanyahu claimed. "And I think that people sitting right next door in Iran, young people, and many others, will say the time of such regimes, of such despots is gone."

Video here: Benjamin Netanyahu s not-so-prescient 2002 message to Congress about Iraq - Vox
Gee he was correct. Ever hear of the Arab Spring? How would he know Obozo would fuck up US foreign policy?

Link?

Gee he was correct. Ever hear of the Arab Spring? How would he know Obozo would fuck up US foreign policy?
You wingnuts claim Arab Spring was a disaster.

You can't even keep up with your own talking points!

And the Arab Spring had nothing to do with the Iraq War. It was started when that guy in Tunisia set himself on fire.

Why am I not surprised that you are wrong and confused?

Forum List

Back