Pelosi delegation visits Middle East without authority to negotiate with foreign leaders

Should Nancy Pants be charged with violating the Logan Act?

• Yes. She has no authority to be there.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No. For crying out loud, Speaker Pelosi is just on a mini vacation to take in the sights.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
The House members have no authority to negotiate with foreign government leaders, but eight lawmakers followed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a visit to Jordan to discuss the Trump administration’s decision to pull U.S. troops from Syria.

The delegation was promoted as “bipartisan,” although there was only one Republican on board, Rep. Mac Thornberry of Texas—who has announced he won’t seek reelection in 2020.

Fox News reported that the delegation includes chairmen of three House committees and members of other committees.
Pelosi delegation visits Middle East without authority to negotiate with foreign leaders

So how is it that Nancy Pants takes off to the ME without authority from the State Department? Her little entourage is burning through taxpayer money and for what? She can't negotiate a treaty butshe can undermine the President.

A violation of the Logan Act?
The Logan Act is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position. The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was amended in 1994, changing the penalty for violation f

It's just one more betrayal of the United States of America that Nancy Pelosi will have under her belt when she has to account for her part in trying to destroy the United States President, his staff, and his voters, which is now around 60% of Americans unhappy with the phoney baloney she is perpetrating in the House of Representatives, and the treachery the Democrats are foisting to destroy the founders' Constitution as not good enough for themselves.

The House members have no authority to negotiate with foreign government leaders, but eight lawmakers followed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a visit to Jordan to discuss the Trump administration’s decision to pull U.S. troops from Syria.

The delegation was promoted as “bipartisan,” although there was only one Republican on board, Rep. Mac Thornberry of Texas—who has announced he won’t seek reelection in 2020.

Fox News reported that the delegation includes chairmen of three House committees and members of other committees.

So how is it that Nancy Pants takes off to the ME without authority from the State Department? Her little entourage is burning through taxpayer money and for what? She can't negotiate a treaty butshe can undermine the President.

The Logan Act is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position. The Act was passed following George Logan's unauthorized negotiations with France in 1798, and was signed into law by President John Adams on January 30, 1799. The Act was amended in 1994, changing the penalty for violation f

Where did anyone say they went to "negotiate"?

Or is that just wishful thinking?

/———/ Try reading the link. The House members have no authority to negotiate with foreign government leaders, but eight lawmakers followed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a visit to Jordan to discuss the Trump administration’s decision to pull U.S. troops from Syria.

You can believe there will be accusations, regardless of being founded in the truth, upon their return.

What will be interesting will be them being joined in a legal action. They are not authorized by the President to engage in negotiations with a foreign Country. That is the exclusive power of the POTUS and Executive Branch, separation of powers, you know. A Logan Act violation.

I know Hope is not a strategy. However, all we can do is hope that an investigation into their dealings with a foreign government is already under consideration.

/———/ Try reading the link. The House members have no authority to negotiate with foreign government leaders, but eight lawmakers followed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a visit to Jordan to discuss the Trump administration’s decision to pull U.S. troops from Syria.

I read that part. I do that first actually.

The question stands --- WHERE does anyone say they're there to negotiate?

You do understand the distinction between "discuss" and "negotiate" right?

If you and I are baseball fans we might discuss Gerrit Cole's contract. We cannot however negotiate it because only the parties to the contract can do that.

Does it actually not occur to you that if this sterling "news" site "The BL" (really? "The BL"?) had actual evidence that there was "negotiating" going on, they would have presented it, instead of dangling suggestive bait for you to pick up?

That reminds me, I've got this bridge. Name your price.

Last edited:

If you and I are baseball fans we might discuss Gerrit Cole's contract. We cannot however negotiate it because only the parties to the contract can do that.

Does it actually not occur to you that if this sterling "news" site "The BL" (really? "The BL"?) had actual evidence that there was "negotiating" going on, they would have presented it, instead of dangling suggestive bait for you to pick up?

I don't know about everyone else, Pogo, but I have my suspicions Pelosi would like to undermine the President on an international level She already doesn't care that her attempts to beat him up nationally have only made more people get behind him. Only her party faithful or someone who already has an axe to grind with the President will see the undermining as a win.

Either that, or she has a martyr complex. :rolleyes:

They aren't going there to discuss.....they're going there to UNDERMINE.

Trump should pull their passports and ban them from re-entry.

I don't know about everyone else, Pogo, but I have my suspicions Pelosi would like to undermine the President on an international level She already doesn't care that her attempts to beat him up nationally have only made more people get behind him. Only her party faithful or someone who already has an axe to grind with the President will see the undermining as a win.

What anybody "suspects" is irrelevant. The fact remains there's no indication from anywhere that the team in question went there to "negotiate". That's nothing more than bait dangled by a partisan-hack website fishing for Gullibles. And the OP bit.

What anybody "suspects" is irrelevant. The fact remains there's no indication from anywhere that the team in question went there to "negotiate". That's nothing more than bait dangled by a partisan-hack website fishing for Gullibles. And the OP bit.
/——/ And Trump tells a joke about emails and you Progs launch a 2 1/2 year investigation over “suspects” in collusion.

My suspicions are usually correct. When Pelosi spends 95% of her time honing ways and means of damaging every good thing the President does by filtering information like a whale filters krill, and casting the blackest light onto it, she spices it into as much humiliation as she can. If today's trip doesn't result in her digging up a little truffle on trump, I'll take a day off here. I give her 15 days to bring her "certain" reason to impeach trump based on what she was able to "find" to paint a false narrative on something President Trump or one of his supporters said, did, or thought, according to her "source." Even if it doesn't, she's saving it for an eleventh hour ruination of his re-election campaign. She's cruisin' for a bruisin', imho.

/——/ And Trump tells a joke about emails and you Progs launch a 2 1/2 year investigation over “suspects” in collusion.

"We" who?

Sorry, I'm not 140 years old yet.

Nor does this post in any way address the point, does it. Now how 'bout that bridge. I'll send it Priority Mail as soon as I get your payment.

My suspicions are usually correct. When Pelosi spends 95% of her time honing ways and means of damaging every good thing the President does by filtering information like a whale filters krill, and casting the blackest light onto it, she spices it into as much humiliation as she can. If today's trip doesn't result in her digging up a little truffle on trump, I'll take a day off here. I give her 15 days to bring her "certain" reason to impeach trump based on what she was able to "find" to paint a false narrative on something President Trump or one of his supporters said, did, or thought, according to her "source." Even if it doesn't, she's saving it for an eleventh hour ruination of his re-election campaign. She's cruisin' for a bruisin', imho.

Sorry Becki --- still speculation, guesswork, wishful thinking, innuendo and out the other. :)

The fact remains there is no credible assertion anywhere that this team went to "negotiate". I challenged the OP to show it and he can't do it.

Sorry Becki --- still speculation, guesswork, wishful thinking, innuendo and out the other. :)

The fact remains there is no credible assertion anywhere that this team went to "negotiate". I challenged the OP to show it and he can't do it.
I said I was willing to wait 15 days and take my punishment of not posting for 24 hours if I was wrong.

I said I was willing to wait 15 days and take my punishment of not posting for 24 hours if I was wrong.

Don't do that. You'd be missed. :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back