PELOSI declares health care has passed

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
she is going to not bother to call a vote and just say the house has passed the senate bill.

And she's right, it has. But it is not as simple as that. The house passed a healthcare bill AND the Senate passed a healthcare bill. Under normal circumstances, they would conference to iron out the differences in the bills and return the finished product to both houses for a final vote. Then it would go to the POTUS. So, technically, she's right, healthcare has passed.

However the reality of the situation is far from 'technically'. The Dems were hoping to take advantage of this technicality in order to bypass another vote in the Senate, but I don't think it's going to work.

I long for the days when all we had to worry about was the administration detaining terrorists and listening in on their communications.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

I swear ... if Drudge doesn't take down that God-awful picture of her soon I'm going to scream in fright!

:eek:

That woman has a face like an enema bag on a sea hag!

Besides that, I personally don't think she has the votes. She wants America to think she does! Only time will tell .....

There's no proof of this, of course.

Sorry G.T., Nancy Pelosi and two versions of health care reform do exist. Nobody understands any of them either. Just saying.

That's proof she "declared health care is passed"

No, sorry Saveliberty

Nancy Pelosi said, "But we have to pass the [health care ] bill so that you can find out what is in it." 3-09-2010 RealClearPolitics - Video - Pelosi: We Have To Pass Health Care So You Can Find Out What Is In It

Pelosi continues, “The bill can be bipartisan, even though the votes might not be bipartisan". 2-28-2010 CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Pelosi: Health care bill can be bipartisan even without GOP votes - Blogs from CNN.com

Your right of course, the best quote I saw for today stated Pelosi said we are close. The word passed appears to not have been used.

Sorry G.T., Nancy Pelosi and two versions of health care reform do exist. Nobody understands any of them either. Just saying.

That's proof she "declared health care is passed"

No, sorry Saveliberty

Nancy Pelosi said, "But we have to pass the [health care ] bill so that you can find out what is in it." 3-09-2010 RealClearPolitics - Video - Pelosi: We Have To Pass Health Care So You Can Find Out What Is In It

Pelosi continues, “The bill can be bipartisan, even though the votes might not be bipartisan". 2-28-2010 CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Pelosi: Health care bill can be bipartisan even without GOP votes - Blogs from CNN.com

Your right of course, the best quote I saw for today stated Pelosi said we are close. The word passed appears to not have been used.

"Botulinum toxin is a medication and a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is known to be very toxic[1][2] with an LD50 of roughly 0.005–0.05 µg/kg. Despite its deadly toxic effect, it is sometimes used in very small doses to treat muscle spasms.[3] Popularly known by its trade name, Botox, botulinum toxin is now commonly used in various settings for cosmetic procedures.[3]"

Botulinum toxin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The woman is wacky weed loco

Dear Representative Pelosi,

Being close on a bill doesn't count. You actually have to have enough votes or you lose.

Reconcilliation.....NOW

It is NOT legal for Pelosi to claim it is passed. And if she gets it past this way it will be challenged.

And what law does she violate by proclaiming that it's passed? You seem to forget that reconcilliation is a Senate process, not a House process. Nancy will have no control over that. That's why they've come up with the strategy they have. As for a challenge, the only way to challenge something pass in the Senate via reconcilliation is to vote against the senators/POTUS who did it. Otherwise, reconcilliation is a legal process in the senate as long as they don't violate their own reconcilliation rules.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-4-picture1434-we-did-it.gif

YAY PELOSI!!!

Forum List

Back