Pelosi Calls Press Conference to Unveil $140,000 Light Fixtures in House Cafeteria

Okay, all you environmental zealots too damned busy to help me beat Pelosi senseless....

What become of the lighting fixtures and bulbs that were taken down? I'm thinking landfill. I thought you Greenies were all about "Reduce, reuse, recycle"?

What did it cost (in environmental units...carbon credits, for example) to manufacture and transport the new lighting fixtures and bulbs to the Capitol?

How come LED undercabinet lighting on HGTV for kitchen remodels costs about $200, fixture and bulbs included, while a Capitol LED light fixture cannot be had for less than $140,000?

KITCHEN : LIGHTING : ACCENT & UNDERCABINET LIGHTING : Marketplace HGTV - Browse Products Available Just for You

In fact, you can illuminate an entire basement with LED lights for about $200 per light and that includes a choice between pot lights and decorative fixtures.

LED BASEMENT CEILING LIGHTS : Marketplace HGTV - Browse Products Available Just for You

How are LED light fixtures/bulbs "cutting edge" if they have been on the market for over a year, and that's only if you start the clock running after price floors were broken?

Eartheasy Blog LED breakthrough may revolutionize lighting

Face it. Pelosi was not "greening" the Capitol -- she was decorating it.

Bitch.

nerocover.jpg

You do realize that your talking about the cafeteria of the capitol building, not your basement?

Uh, it's a bit bigger and feeds all of congress and then some.

I mean we are talking about the primary seat of power of the most powerful govenment of the most powerful nation that has ever existed.

Not your bathroom.

What become of the lighting fixtures and bulbs that were taken down? I'm thinking landfill. I thought you Greenies were all about "Reduce, reuse, recycle"? Most landfills are equipped to properly dispose of these older style light fixtures. What rock have you been hiding under for the past few years?

What did it cost (in environmental units...carbon credits, for example) to manufacture and transport the new lighting fixtures and bulbs to the Capitol? Less than in cost in environmetal carbon credits to generate the electricity from the coal fired generation facility.

How come LED undercabinet lighting on HGTV for kitchen remodels costs about $200, fixture and bulbs included, while a Capitol LED light fixture cannot be had for less than $140,000? Are you really THIS stupid?

KITCHEN : LIGHTING : ACCENT & UNDERCABINET LIGHTING : Marketplace HGTV - Browse Products Available Just for You

In fact, you can illuminate an entire basement with LED lights for about $200 per light and that includes a choice between pot lights and decorative fixtures. OH...you ARE this stupid. Never mind.

LED BASEMENT CEILING LIGHTS : Marketplace HGTV - Browse Products Available Just for You

How are LED light fixtures/bulbs "cutting edge" if they have been on the market for over a year, and that's only if you start the clock running after price floors were broken?

Bitch.

More "eco" bullshit. I've been hearing this crap my entire adult life. These whackos are ALWAYS wrong. They just move on to the next scare.

It's all BULLSHIT.

LOL....a "conservative" who doesn't believe scientific fact. I am shocked.:eek:

Heres you're "scientifc fact" IN my 49 years, according to these con-men I should have:

Drowned in rising seas, died of thirst due to lack of water, burned to death in firestorms, frozen to death in ice, starved due to lack of food....

It's one catastrophe after another.. that never materializes. They're batting a big fat ZERO.

Oh, and BTW... I guess you've ignored the memo... THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING SHIT UP ALL ALONG ON THE GLOBAL WARMING THING. IT'S A FUCKING LIE.

But hey, you keep following along like a good little drone.

More "eco" bullshit. I've been hearing this crap my entire adult life. These whackos are ALWAYS wrong. They just move on to the next scare.

It's all BULLSHIT.

Heres you're "scientifc fact" IN my 49 years, according to these con-men I should have:

Drowned in rising seas, died of thirst due to lack of water, burned to death in firestorms, frozen to death in ice, starved due to lack of food....

It's one catastrophe after another.. that never materializes. They're batting a big fat ZERO.

Oh, and BTW... I guess you've ignored the memo... THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING SHIT UP ALL ALONG ON THE GLOBAL WARMING THING. IT'S A FUCKING LIE.

And your temper tantrum has WHAT to do with PROVEN scientific data on energy efficient lighting?

What become of the lighting fixtures and bulbs that were taken down? I'm thinking landfill. I thought you Greenies were all about "Reduce, reuse, recycle"? Most landfills are equipped to properly dispose of these older style light fixtures. What rock have you been hiding under for the past few years?

What did it cost (in environmental units...carbon credits, for example) to manufacture and transport the new lighting fixtures and bulbs to the Capitol? Less than in cost in environmetal carbon credits to generate the electricity from the coal fired generation facility.

How come LED undercabinet lighting on HGTV for kitchen remodels costs about $200, fixture and bulbs included, while a Capitol LED light fixture cannot be had for less than $140,000? Are you really THIS stupid?

In fact, you can illuminate an entire basement with LED lights for about $200 per light and that includes a choice between pot lights and decorative fixtures. OH...you ARE this stupid. Never mind.

Bitch.

Dude, You're freaking me out... I TOTALLY agree with you.

I need a drink.

And your temper tantrum has WHAT to do with PROVEN scientific data on energy efficient lighting?

It has to do with THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT. THAT IS A PROVEN FACT.

It has to do with THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT. THAT IS A PROVEN FACT.

Let me guess....Branch Davidian?

It's all BULLSHIT.

Did you ever think that perhaps you live in an insulated little world, protected like a child by the very people that you disparage?

Did you ever think that if it weren't for the actions of those people that you very well may have "Drowned in rising seas, died of thirst due to lack of water, burned to death in firestorms, frozen to death in ice, starved due to lack of food"

Did you ever thionk that the reason that you did not die from the bird flu is that the WHO did a fantastic job in containing it?

I didn't think so...

Just go back to worrying about who is the best at getting a ball in a net or in a hole or over a line...

That's what really matters in life...right?

Fuckin' idiot!

Are LED lights similar in 'color' to fluorescent lights? I hate fluorescent lights and refuse to use those freakin swirly bulbs. We bought two for our basement (mixed in w/ two regular lights) and I had to take them out . . they drive me batty.

Hopefully you disposed of the bulbs properly, those green bulbs are terrible for the environment if thrown away casually....:lol:

Are you SO short sighted that you cannot see this as a money saving measure long term? You want to bitch about $140,000.00? Do you have any idea how many bombs can be made for $140,000.00? NONE!

140K of additional initial spending is still 140K of additional spending when we are already overbudget and overbloated,... cut it out from somewhere else instead of adding MORE spending.. I don't care if it's $140, $140K, or $140MIL

I guess that was my point. Look at how easily $140K could be found in our "defense" budget. Are you open to that idea?

If there is something like a defense contractor who is not delivering and getting paid, I would be for canceling their payment to pay for this.... though, as stated, this SHOULD be covered in the existing maintenance and replacement budget for the federal building.... that is why this smells fishy

It's all BULLSHIT.

Yes...

And those cigarettes do you no harm
Seat belts are a waste of space
That odd aftertaste in your drinking water is nothing to worry about

Yes...

And those cigarettes do you no harm
Seat belts are a waste of space
That odd aftertaste in your drinking water is nothing to worry about

Don't forget those chemtrails and black helicopters...:lol:

Forum List

Back