Pelosi ADMITTED she was informed about Water Boarding

And if she knew about it, who else did? No GoPer's right?

BOTH parties are responsible. No one is saying the repubs aren't. We're saying the dems are hypocrites on this issue.

Well at least you put your hand up for BOTH parties...more than RSG is doing right now. I agree, both are responsible, but more onus is on the right with this one, just like more onus was on the left for Carter's terrible attempt at rescuing the Tehran hostages

RETARD ALERT. The way it works you fucking idiot, is IF it were a crime everyone that knew and voted for it goes down. Pelosi though tried to claim illegal activity occurred and she NEVER knew. She was trying to play politics and got bitten on the ass.

If you were not so ignorant and partisan you would not make foolish claims like you did here.

so if the Left knew and supported the waterboarding, the repubs are doubly to blame? total horseshit. oh sorry Kangaroo shit.

It depends WHEN they knew...............

Pelosi knew as soon as they created the program as they HAD to brief her, it was her duty to inform the rest of the Democrats. She got briefed every time they wanted money also. THAT is how Ranking Member works. You see dumb ass, the top Republican and top Democrat on any committee that has a hand in the bill gets briefed. THAT is how our Government works.

she has ALWAYS admitted that she was briefed on these new methods of interrogation that the administration said they legally could use...there is NO LIE THERE....we have every video of her saying from the beginning that she was briefed on such, she has never said she WAS NOT.

The discrepancy is whether or not the CIA did brief her at this september 02 briefing about the techniques being used ALREADY on abu Z 83 times.

She said that she wasn't, and that at this briefing, she was told that they had NOT used these interrogation techniques and that she/congress would be NOTIFIED if they ever did.

There is no argument that she was briefed on what these new, supposedly legal, interrogations entailed.

BULLSHIT, you don't get it both ways, she was briefed but on some later date and then lied to. Doesn't work that way. Further you JUST admitted she was BRIEFED in the meeting you are claiming she said she was NOT briefed.

In fact one of your ignorant arguments is that when others at the meeting ADMITTED they were briefed, they to are lying because they did not say Pelosi, just referred to what titled members were there. SHE HAD THE TITLE.

calm down rgs, right now it is a' she said he said', there is no solid proof that either of them have lied, but with differing accounts, certainly seems as though one of them did....

The Cia claims one thing and Pelosi another....Goss, gave a song and a dance with an op ed, but even HE, DID NOT SAY THAT the CIA briefed them on using water boarding ALREADY at the september 02 briefing...and now when asked specifically whether he and nancy were told about Abu z and the cia using waterboarding ALREADY, he WILL NOT CONFIRM IT....

The cia's record says that Pelosi was briefed on Abu Z's water boarding and they also say that Graham was also, and Graham who is an avid note take, said specifically he was not briefed on such in September as they said....he also showed how 3 out of the 4 meetings that the cia showed proof that he was briefed on other things, the meetings NEVER TOOK PLACE....so once again, it appears the CIA FABRICATED those meetings and what they said was discussed.

There is no proof that Nancy lied or the cia lied, but we need to get to the bottom of this...I agree.

care

Last edited:
so if the Left knew and supported the waterboarding, the repubs are doubly to blame? total horseshit. oh sorry Kangaroo shit.

It depends WHEN they knew...............

Pelosi knew as soon as they created the program as they HAD to brief her, it was her duty to inform the rest of the Democrats. She got briefed every time they wanted money also. THAT is how Ranking Member works. You see dumb ass, the top Republican and top Democrat on any committee that has a hand in the bill gets briefed. THAT is how our Government works.

now you are full of it rgs...

She could NOT NOTIFY THE REST OF CONGRESS, her briefings were TOP SECRET....she'd go to jail for releasing ANY INFO regarding these briefings...why do you think the Bush administration broke the law and only informed the "gang of 4" instead of the FULL Senate/ house select intelligence committees as they should have, according to law? They say they wanted no one to know, wasn't safe briefing the Senate and House Intelligence committees...so they chose to break the law and only inform the gang of 4.

care

It’s not surprising that people blindly believe and support everything their favorite politician’s tell them.

Just as example, when Obama announced release of waterboarding photos, he was applauded. When he changed his mind about releasing photos, he was applauded again by the same people.

I am pretty sure that, if Obama flips again and say that waterboarding is not a torture, most of his supporters, if not all, would change their minds and support him on that.

We have laws that prohibit torture, but they do not define what torture is. If Obama is so sure about waterboarding, why didn’t he charge anyone yet? And even if/when he does, it’s up to our courts to decide who broke the law, not him.

He knows he can’t charge anyone on the right without exposing those on the left. It’s just a matter of who is expandable for him.

Ame®icano;1231044 said:
It’s not surprising that people blindly believe and support everything their favorite politician’s tell them.

Just as example, when Obama announced release of waterboarding photos, he was applauded. When he changed his mind about releasing photos, he was applauded again by the same people.

I am pretty sure that, if Obama flips again and say that waterboarding is not a torture, most of his supporters, if not all, would change their minds and support him on that.

We have laws that prohibit torture, but they do not define what torture is. If Obama is so sure about waterboarding, why didn’t he charge anyone yet? And even if/when he does, it’s up to our courts to decide who broke the law, not him.

He knows he can’t charge anyone on the right without exposing those on the left. It’s just a matter of who is expandable for him.

he can't charge anyone with anything...obama is not a USA prosecutor nor does he work for the Justice dept.... What Obama has to say on this has no bite.

Ame®icano;1231044 said:

he can't charge anyone with anything...obama is not a USA prosecutor nor does he work for the Justice dept.... What Obama has to say on this has no bite.

If he can't, why is he bragging about it every day?

Ame®icano;1231111 said:
Ame®icano;1231044 said:

i dunno? i just know it would have to come from congress or the justice dept, and no one could be charged with a crime unless there is an investigation and enough evidence supporting a crime being committed.

Ame®icano;1231111 said:

i dunno? i just know it would have to come from congress or the justice dept, and no one could be charged with a crime unless there is an investigation and enough evidence supporting a crime being committed.

So, why there is no investigation?

Ame®icano;1231131 said:
Ame®icano;1231111 said:

democrats were asking that question the last 7 years....again, i dunno?

obama also said he'd close gitmo, but guess what? he can't do that either, without congress...

Don't give a shit. Did she order the water boarding? If not, stop trying to deflect the blame. Another instance of the right trying to blame others for their own fuck ups...I don't care if Bush himself told her about it, Bush and his puppet masters are responsible for it. If Hitler told Churchill that he was gassing Jews, is Churchill to blame or Hitler. You righties have some of the most piss weak excuses I've ever seen. man up or fuck off...

Uh, churchill tried to stop Hitler. Did Pelosi try to stop Bush? Bad example.

rriiiigghhht.. so if a rightie fucks up, it's the leftie's fault for not stopping them?? And here's me thinking you righties are all about personal responsibility....until it's YOUR FUCKTARD that FUCKS up...interesting (but hardly surprising - in my 8 years on messageboards I've never seen a rightie take responsibility for their own actions - even thought it seems to be one of the main tenets of their existance)

I've never seen a rightie take responsibility for their own actions

They feel that they are doing "gods" work. Since god is above all in thier teensy minds there are no apologies needed.

Ame®icano;1231131 said:

obama also said he'd close gitmo, but guess what? he can't do that either, without congress...

Care, that is the point about Pelosi and the extreme methods. Obviously without Congressional funding they would not have gone forward. Congressional leadership of both parties were kept in the loop, already admitted, and went forward with funding. That alone belies Pelosi's denials.

honestly, i haven't ever seen a republican in office take responsibility for their own actions...they are too busy trying to point fingers elsewhere....

and come to think of it, i can't remember ever seeing a democrat in office do such either... :eek:

Ame®icano;1231131 said:

Care, that is the point about Pelosi and the extreme methods. Obviously without Congressional funding they would not have gone forward. Congressional leadership of both parties were kept in the loop, already admitted, and went forward with funding. That alone belies Pelosi's denials.

are you under the impression that funding the cia for the the fight against alqaeda, only meant you were funding torture? that's nonsensical annie....

besides the fact that all that she was told, was top secret....she could tell no one in congress nor could bob graham....and the administration counted on that....don't ya think?

i still think she was complacent and could have tried to do more with the administration, but note, she supported EVERY MEASURE congress took, to make it clear it was torture and to try to stop the administration....she supported mccain's efforts to stop it as well, only the house version....why would she do that if she supported president bush's enhanced measures?

care

are you under the impression that funding the cia for the the fight against alqaeda, only meant you were funding torture? that's nonsensical annie....

besides the fact that all that she was told, was top secret....she could tell no one in congress nor could bob graham....and the administration counted on that....don't ya think?

i still think she was complacent and could have tried to do more with the administration, but note, she supported EVERY MEASURE congress took, to make it clear it was torture and to try to stop the administration....she supported mccain's efforts to stop it as well, only the house version....why would she do that if she supported president bush's enhanced measures?

care

More than that, Care:

The Pelosi Defense: “The Lawyers Told me it was OK”

Not a 'right wing' group, indeed.

Forum List

Back