Peggy Noonan: Sarah Palin Jealous

Who is Peggy Noonan and why should any of us care what she thinks of Sarah Palin?

Oh didn't you know, she is a very powerful force in the Republican party now. Entire threads are dedicated to what she has to say about Palin.

That explains why I don't know the name.

I try to avoid listening to talking heads of either persuasion.

Seriously? She is more famous than just your typical talking head. She wrote some of Reagan's better speeches, and also the thousand points of light speech for Bush 41. Or parts of it.

In 1984, Noonan, as a speechwriter for President Reagan, authored his "Boys of Pointe du Hoc" speech on the 40th anniversary of D-day. She also wrote Reagan's address to the nation after the Challenger explosion, drawing upon the poet John Magee's famous words about aviators who "slipped the surly bonds of earth... and touched the face of God." She worked too on a tribute Reagan gave to honor John F. Kennedy, at a fundraising event, held at the McLean, Virginia home of Senator Edward M. Kennedy in the spring of 1984.

Later, while working for then-Vice President George H. W. Bush, Noonan coined the phrase "a kinder, gentler nation" and also popularized "a thousand points of light", two memorable catchphrases used by Bush. Noonan also wrote the speech in which Bush pledged: "Read my lips: no new taxes" during his 1988 presidential nomination acceptance speech in New Orleans (Bush's subsequent reversal of this pledge is often cited as a reason for his defeat in his 1992 re-election campaign).

Peggy Noonan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Reagan were alive he'd give Noonan a PattonSlap for losing her nerve and caving in to Statism.

:lol: I always get a kick out of the people who say shit like "If Reagan were alive blah blah" What fantasy world are you a part of, and does King Reagan slap all subjects who step out of line? Reagan was a politician, he could careless and wouldn't do shit about this womans hit piece.

ROFL... Ignorance really is bliss.

Ronald Reagan was far less a politician than he was a leader. A leader who understood the PRINCIPLES that sustain a sound culture.

Noonan is a bright gal, but she is a snob. The simple fact is that 'People Happen' and Noonan's disdain for good old common sense leadership, does a disservice to her and her cause.

If Reagan were alive he'd give Noonan a PattonSlap for losing her nerve and caving in to Statism.

:lol: I always get a kick out of the people who say shit like "If Reagan were alive blah blah" What fantasy world are you a part of, and does King Reagan slap all subjects who step out of line? Reagan was a politician, he could careless and wouldn't do shit about this womans hit piece.

Ronald Reagan was far less a politician than he was a leader. A leader who understood the PRINCIPLES that sustain a sound culture.

Noonan is a bright gal, but she is a snob. The simple fact is that 'People Happen' and Noonan's disdain for good old common sense leadership, does a disservice to her and her cause.

ROFLMNAO... Reagan was a politician through and through. Just like the rest no different, size of Government expanded under his watch, he made no significant changes to entitlements, and real federal spending increased under his watch.. He made a lot of promises. Yes he promised one thing and did another, sorry but he is just a politician. In fact I think his own quote sums it up quite well
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

Btw, your concession is duly noted.

Last edited:

ROFLMNAO... Reagan was a politician through and through. Just like the rest no different, size of Government expanded under his watch, he made no significant changes to entitlements, and real federal spending increased under his watch.. He made a lot of promises. Yes he promised one thing and did another, sorry but he is just a politician. In fact I think his own quote sums it up quite well
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

Btw, your concession is duly noted.
he also had dems in control of congress for most of his 2 terms in office

Forum List

Back