Peggy Noonan Mugged by Reality, Obama Incompetent

I think she lacks integrity and appears to only be concerned about being on the winning/popular side, whichever one that happens to be at the moment.

And true to Peggy Noonan's common sense politics, she ends with this (which of course I see no acknowledgement by the right, here):

But Republicans should beware, and even mute their mischief. We're in the middle of an actual disaster. When they win back the presidency, they'll probably get the big California earthquake. And they'll probably blow it. Because, ironically enough, of a hard core of truth within their own philosophy: when you ask a government far away in Washington to handle everything, it will handle nothing well.

It is a good point. I don't think any of us disagree with it. It counts as belaboring the obvious.

Obama was way out of his league as a U.S. Senator.... he's WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY outta his league now.

Why are people so surprised about this stuff? He is an inexperienced & failed "Community Organizer." This has been true all along. The Liberal dominated MSM got him elected and now they're desperately trying to spin things for him. If he were a Republican President,I'm sure Wolfe Blitzer and the NBC nutters would be up on their soapboxes screeching for Impeachment 24/7. Noonan is a member of that corrupt MSM that got him elected. Now she's being forced to face reality a bit. I think that's a good thing but it's also a little too late. This guy was never qualified to be President. I said that all along. He's real good at being bitter and blaming dat BOOOOOOOSH but he's not a good leader. It's actually very sad.

Experience matters.

Many voters in 2008 forgot this simple fact.

And true to Peggy Noonan's common sense politics, she ends with this (which of course I see no acknowledgement by the right, here):

But Republicans should beware, and even mute their mischief. We're in the middle of an actual disaster. When they win back the presidency, they'll probably get the big California earthquake. And they'll probably blow it. Because, ironically enough, of a hard core of truth within their own philosophy: when you ask a government far away in Washington to handle everything, it will handle nothing well.

"when you ask a government far away in Washington to handle everything, it will handle nothing well."

good sig line. :)

I have always liked reading Peggy noonan. At first I was inspired by her writing. And now as I've read her all through Bush and now Obama, I find her to be a regular mortal.

She follows ideas rather than coming up with her own.

Forum List

Back