Peggy Noonan - "It's Over" ... for McCain

Tonight is the Big Game for Governor Palin, by midnight we'll know if she is a hero or a zero.

My money's on hero, any takers.

It's a huge speech---I'm glad Im not in her shoes. I don't think she will change any minds but we weill have lots of hot new gossip to analyze for hours on end. " what did she REALLY mean when she said------" all the way to " can you believe she wore her hair that way in front of her children ? " :lol:

Tonight is the Big Game for Governor Palin, by midnight we'll know if she is a hero or a zero.

My money's on hero, any takers.

This is show, it is scripted, if fiction creates your heroes good for you.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

This is show, it is scripted, if fiction creates your heroes good for you.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Holy shit dude, if you aren't able to discern the strategy BEHIND the show from the script, you really shouldn't be posting at all.

I'll go one step further.

I'll also predict that Governor Palin's speech will be the most watched of the convention cycle, more watched than Senator Obama's or Senator McCain's.

40% will be routing for her to hit one out of the park and the other 60% will be hoping to see a train wreck.

Last edited:
Are you serious----the liberals just need a few quotes to fill in their assualt on everything she says. You know that's how it works !

Yes, I am serious ... the liberals will assault no matter what therefor it wont factor into whether or not she's a hero ...

I'll also predict that Governor Palin's speech will be the most watched of the convention cycle, more watched than Senator Obama's or Senator McCain's.

40% will be routing for her to hit one out of the park and the other 60% will be hoping to see a train wreck.

yep

I agree with that.

She won't mess up, I betcha.

I think this is probably what she's good at. I suspect it's how she won Alaska.

Exactly, and the Dems have beat her up so badly for the last three days, I suspect the expectations are pretty low.

I don't get this mentality at all.

were expectations lowered for Obama because he'd taken a beating by the Republicans? No they weren't.

and it's not the "DEMS" beating up on her, it's her OWN past that is coming back to bite her in the ass!

it's funny because I was watching a clip of some discussion held on Monday and Republican Rep Deborah Pryce said about Palin "issue groups and experience take a back seat because she's a woman" and I was like WTF?

so our expectations for her are lower than they would be if McCain had a man running for him.

her only threshold for success is to not fuck up? really? this is who the American people will be voting for?

If she's so amazing and such a gem why aren't expectations high?

I don't get this mentality at all.

were expectations lowered for Obama because he'd taken a beating by the Republicans? No they weren't.

and it's not the "DEMS" beating up on her, it's her OWN past that is coming back to bite her in the ass!

it's funny because I was watching a clip of some discussion held on Monday and Republican Rep Deborah Pryce said about Palin "issue groups and experience take a back seat because she's a woman" and I was like WTF?

so our expectations for her are lower than they would be if McCain had a man running for him.

her only threshold for success is to not fuck up? really? this is who the American people will be voting for?

If she's so amazing and such a gem why aren't expectations high?

It's nothing so sinister, merely human nature. I was refering to the independents, moderate Dem and socially liberal Cons who are undecided. After hearing three days of nonstop hammering they can't help but have lower than stellar expectations if they were at all open minded on Aug 29th.

I certainly wasn't talking about those of us who are already leaning decidedly one way or the other. I can tell you that the Obamites will be overly critical and the McCainians will be overly sympathetic....all predictable human nature.

Last edited:
Chuck Todd: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

Peggy Noonan: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bullshit about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

OMFG!

Good times!

It won't be a train wreck. I'm expecting her to give a decent speech.

I'm sure she's a smart, well spoken lady, and I bet they've had her practicing the speech for three days straight.

Forum List

Back