Peet's and CPK tell Open Carry customers: No guns allowed

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Peet's and CPK tell Open Carry customers: No guns allowed

Open Carry gun advocates in the Bay Area are easy to spot. With unloaded firearms strapped to their sides, they meet at coffee shops and other places to protest exercise their right to bear arms, drawing plenty of attention from the media, cops and bystanders along the way. A group of proponents converged at a local Starbucks in November. Earlier this month, members of Bay Area Open Carry gathered at a Peet's Coffee & Tea in Livermore, triggering a 911 call. Cops responded and frisked one man during his interview with ABC7 (see video below). And last week's meeting at the Peet's in San Ramon caused quite a stir among customers who both disapproved and praised the heat-packing patrons, according to The Oakland Tribune.

The policies didn't exactly go over well with Open Carry proponents. On an online forum, they called for boycotts of Peet's and CPK. Someone even posted a protest sign (right).

Open Carry rules vary from state to state. In California, an open carrier's firearm must be unloaded and holstered. The ammo must be kept separate from the gun. Cops are allowed to inspect the weapon but cannot search for the gun's serial number. And as one recently San Jose man discovered, it is illegal to possess a gun within 1,000 feet of any public or private school.

The Scavenger : Peet's and CPK tell Open Carry customers: No guns allowed

i respect the right of the establishments to deny service, as i respect the rights of those to exercise their rights to bear arms. IMO, this is a negative way to exercise your rights and i believe will only bring negative reactions to gun rights.

Open carry enthusiasts are fools who put everyone at risk. Anyone may carry an unloaded firearm in a holster, and may legally carry ammo too. Anyone includes those with evil intent, and, an unloaded firearm is little more than a target on the back of someone who carries openly.
The first amendment PROTECTS the free exercise of my religion, and the 14th Amendemnt guarantees this right cannot be abridged by any state. Do these rights and prohibitions protect me from exercising my religion if its credo required me to slit the throat of a domestic cat and a domestic dog each sunday morning on my front lawn? Or, run naked in the street whenever it rains? Or, subject my daughter to female circumcision?

Last edited:
Open carry enthusiasts are fools who put everyone at risk. Anyone may carry an unloaded firearm in a holster, and may legally carry ammo too. Anyone includes those with evil intent, and, an unloaded firearm is little more than a target on the back of someone who carries openly.
The first amendment prohibits the free exercise of my religion, and the 14th Amendemnt guarantees this right cannot be abridged by any state. Do these rights and prohibitions protect me from exercising my religion if its credo required me to slit the throat of a domestic cat and a domestic dog each sunday morning on my front lawn? Or, run naked in the street whenever it rains? Or, subject my daughter to female circumcision?

right, because all the evil people carry their guns out in the open :cuckoo:

i didn't realize the 1st prohibits the free exercise of religion

The first amendment prohibits the free exercise of my religion, and the 14th Amendemnt guarantees this right cannot be abridged by any state. Do these rights and prohibitions protect me from exercising my religion if its credo required me to slit the throat of a domestic cat and a domestic dog each sunday morning on my front lawn? Or, run naked in the street whenever it rains? Or, subject my daughter to female circumcision?

Why respond to a board retard?

Evil people can legally carry a firearm in the open; there is no way to tell what's in the heart or soul of any person by simply looking.
Yes, I made a silly written mistake which I will now correct and give you credit for noting. Maybe you can then respond to the substance of what I suggest?

The first amendment prohibits the free exercise of my religion, and the 14th Amendemnt guarantees this right cannot be abridged by any state. Do these rights and prohibitions protect me from exercising my religion if its credo required me to slit the throat of a domestic cat and a domestic dog each sunday morning on my front lawn? Or, run naked in the street whenever it rains? Or, subject my daughter to female circumcision?[/quote

Why respond to a board retard?

Fuck you smart ass; when I served most of the 'lifers' were dumb shit noncoms - I see that hasn't changed.

I carry my weapons concealed. usually 2 sometimes 3.

My favorite concealed carry gun
20249-1.jpg

My number2

163210.jpg

My number 3

20080-1.jpg

I'm considering getting a .22 magnum and ditching the .380 as my number 3

Sometimes I'll conceal carry my full size .45 but it depends on what I'm wearing and where I'll be.

I like this holster

belly.jpg

I had one made to carry 2 of my sub compacts and one to carry my full size plus a sub.

I don't disagree with open carry, but I'd rather not be spotted as a possible threat by a bad guy even though as you can see I am quite lethal.

The first amendment PROTECTS the free exercise of my religion, and the 14th Amendemnt guarantees this right cannot be abridged by any state. Do these rights and prohibitions protect me from exercising my religion if its credo required me to slit the throat of a domestic cat and a domestic dog each sunday morning on my front lawn? Or, run naked in the street whenever it rains? Or, subject my daughter to female circumcision?

Why do you object to female genital mutilation but do not mention the accepted practice of male genital mutilation?♠

Last edited:

Forum List

Back