Peer reviewed papers on climate, the real numbers by the year

Climate change denial and the abuse of peer review

CLEARING UP THE CLIMATE DEBATE: Professor Stephan Lewandowsky holds “sceptics” accountable for their subversion of the peer review process.

On 20 April 2010, a BP oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, killing 11 workers and creating the largest oil spill in history.

When President Obama sought to hold the corporation accountable by creating a $20B damage fund, this provoked Republican Congressman from Texas Joe Barton to issue a public apology.

An apology not to the people affected by the oil spill … but to BP.

In a peculiar inversion of ethics, Barton called the President’s measures a “shakedown”, finding it a “tragedy in the first proportion” that a corporation should be held accountable for the consequences of its actions.

What does a Congressman’s inverted morality have to do with climate denial?

Quite a bit.

In a similar inversion of normal practice, most climate deniers avoid scrutiny by sidestepping the peer-review process that is fundamental to science, instead posting their material in the internet or writing books.

Books may be impressively weighty, but remember that they are printed because a publisher thinks they can make money, not necessarily because the content has scientific value.

Fiction sells, even if dressed up as science

"Fiction sells, even if dressed up as science"

But enough about AGW.

Climate change denial and the abuse of peer review

CLEARING UP THE CLIMATE DEBATE: Professor Stephan Lewandowsky holds “sceptics” accountable for their subversion of the peer review process.

On 20 April 2010, a BP oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, killing 11 workers and creating the largest oil spill in history.

When President Obama sought to hold the corporation accountable by creating a $20B damage fund, this provoked Republican Congressman from Texas Joe Barton to issue a public apology.

An apology not to the people affected by the oil spill … but to BP.

In a peculiar inversion of ethics, Barton called the President’s measures a “shakedown”, finding it a “tragedy in the first proportion” that a corporation should be held accountable for the consequences of its actions.

What does a Congressman’s inverted morality have to do with climate denial?

Quite a bit.

In a similar inversion of normal practice, most climate deniers avoid scrutiny by sidestepping the peer-review process that is fundamental to science, instead posting their material in the internet or writing books.

Books may be impressively weighty, but remember that they are printed because a publisher thinks they can make money, not necessarily because the content has scientific value.

Fiction sells, even if dressed up as science

Oldsocks please tell us about your involvement with MENSA.... :lol:

Article 15, you are on ignore because you have proven to be a pointless person to talk to on here. You came into a thread with no purpose other than to act like a juvenile. Not at any point did you try and discuss anything about the topic, all you did was try to badger me into a name calling game with you. So that makes you useless and a waste of time. IF you can act like an adult I may take you off the list again but not until I see you act like it. Got it?

You can cry all you want, and stomp your feet till you wear out your shoes and it won't change anything. Now go continue pouting if you must.

Article 15, you are on ignore because you have proven to be a pointless person to talk to on here. You came into a thread with no purpose other than to act like a juvenile. Not at any point did you try and discuss anything about the topic, all you did was try to badger me into a name calling game with you. So that makes you useless and a waste of time. IF you can act like an adult I may take you off the list again but not until I see you act like it. Got it?

You can cry all you want, and stomp your feet till you wear out your shoes and it won't change anything. Now go continue pouting if you must.

The fact that I was just bumping a bunch of threads at the time to combat a vile troll attacking the site aside, you are like the worst ignorer of all time.

Oh my, g-strings feelings are hurt.

What is your point on this thread, g-string? Are you ever going to present any science to support your know-nothing point of view?

There are many Scientific Societies that have regular publications concerning AGW. The Royal Society. The American Geophysical Union, ect. So find us an article that states the warming is not occuring, or that we are not resposible for it. Can you do that? Or are you just going to continue to pull BS out of your ass?

Climate-change deniers versus the scientific societies of the world: Who should we listen to? : Peter Gleick : City Brights

How about from the scientists themselves, unfiltered by media or ideologues? Below, find excerpts from the statements of pretty much every single respected, serious, professional scientific society in the world. Go to their websites. All of this stuff is easily available, if you are willing to look. Don't take my word for it.

The National Science Academies of the G8+5 nations (Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States).

It is unequivocal that the climate is changing, and it is very likely that this is predominantly caused by the increasing human interference with the atmosphere. These changes will transform the environmental conditions on Earth unless counter-measures are taken.

American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Policy Statement on Climate Changes

The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society. Accumulating data from across the globe reveal a wide array of effects: rapidly melting glaciers, destabilization of major ice sheets, increases in extreme weather, rising sea level, shifts in species ranges, and more. The pace of change and the evidence of harm have increased markedly over the last five years. The time to control greenhouse gas emissions is now.

American Geophysical Union Position Paper on Climate Change

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system -- including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons -- are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. ... Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities...With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. With climate change, as with ozone depletion, the human footprint on Earth is apparent.
The Geological Society of American Position Paper on Climate Change

The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth's climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries. Furthermore, the potential implications of global climate change and the time scale over which such changes will likely occur require active, effective, long-term planning.

Read more: Climate-change deniers versus the scientific societies of the world: Who should we listen to? : Peter Gleick : City Brights

Oh my, g-strings feelings are hurt.

What is your point on this thread, g-string? Are you ever going to present any science to support your know-nothing point of view?

There are many Scientific Societies that have regular publications concerning AGW. The Royal Society. The American Geophysical Union, ect. So find us an article that states the warming is not occuring, or that we are not resposible for it. Can you do that? Or are you just going to continue to pull BS out of your ass?

Climate-change deniers versus the scientific societies of the world: Who should we listen to? : Peter Gleick : City Brights

How about from the scientists themselves, unfiltered by media or ideologues? Below, find excerpts from the statements of pretty much every single respected, serious, professional scientific society in the world. Go to their websites. All of this stuff is easily available, if you are willing to look. Don't take my word for it.

The National Science Academies of the G8+5 nations (Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States).

It is unequivocal that the climate is changing, and it is very likely that this is predominantly caused by the increasing human interference with the atmosphere. These changes will transform the environmental conditions on Earth unless counter-measures are taken.

American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Policy Statement on Climate Changes

The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society. Accumulating data from across the globe reveal a wide array of effects: rapidly melting glaciers, destabilization of major ice sheets, increases in extreme weather, rising sea level, shifts in species ranges, and more. The pace of change and the evidence of harm have increased markedly over the last five years. The time to control greenhouse gas emissions is now.

American Geophysical Union Position Paper on Climate Change

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system -- including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons -- are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. ... Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities...With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. With climate change, as with ozone depletion, the human footprint on Earth is apparent.
The Geological Society of American Position Paper on Climate Change

The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth's climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries. Furthermore, the potential implications of global climate change and the time scale over which such changes will likely occur require active, effective, long-term planning.

Read more: Climate-change deniers versus the scientific societies of the world: Who should we listen to? : Peter Gleick : City Brights

fAiL

Peter Gleick is a far left radical environmentalist from the Pacific Insitute in California.

Pacific Institute - SourceWatch

:gay::gay::gay:

K00k Aid man to the rescue..................

kool_aid_man_waving.jpg

Last edited:

But he does give OR an "Amen"

The sweat running off my balls has more intelligence in it than that thick head of yours.

The real disconnect, that makes it so funny for me, is that the Warmers still haven't factored the loss of their media monopoly into the equation.

Phil Jones, Michael Mann, Steve Hansen, NOAA, IPCC would all go down the memory hole but for out ability to do this:

"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy." -- IPCC

See how that works?

And to this day the Warmer still have not set forth their hypothesis nor can they point to a single repeatable laboratory experiment backing their unstated hypothesis, yet they have the arrogance to call the "Science" settled.

The sweat running off my balls has more intelligence in it than that thick head of yours.

That was a very intelligent thing to say, one of the best things you've said in ages here. You should let your balls talk for you more frequently

I'm not qualified to peer review peer reviews.

I doubt any of us here, really are.

Right-o....So just go along blindly and drive over the cliff, because a bunch of ivory tower-dwelling dweebs with a bunch of letters behind their names tell you you to.

Oddie, you are one dumb fuck. Many of these scientists work in conditions that you could not handle. Intellectually or physically.

Right-o....So just go along blindly and drive over the cliff, because a bunch of ivory tower-dwelling dweebs with a bunch of letters behind their names tell you you to.

Oddie, you are one dumb fuck. Many of these scientists work in conditions that you could not handle. Intellectually or physically.

prinn-roulette-4.jpg

Last edited:

Still waiting on you to tell about your affiliation with MENSA...LOL

Ya take a couple of tests, dummy.

yeah tool we know that much, but exactly what was the criteria when they accepted you? LOL socks you are not nor never were in MENSA. And you making the claim is just ridiculous. You cannot think on multiple levels, you cannot follow a post with more than one point to make, and you flat refuse to ever explain anything you post in your own words.

This MENSA claim is just one more example of you lying through your teeth..:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back