$peed Trap$ are really about $afety

ah yes---beware of Westlake. A little "town" just north of San Antonio use to aim the radar from the window of the courthouse to catch speeders on IH 35. :lol:

ooops it's still on the list at 40 Selma !

Last edited:
There's a little shithole town here in Ohio named South Bloomfield with a population of about 1,200. Speed trap hell and part of the town goes from like 55 mph to 25 mph at the drop of a hat.

The cities of Duluth and Norcross are both using speed traps on a regular basis. Last week I went through 2 in Duluth and 1 in Norcross. They are looking for speeders, no seat belt and anything else they can charge you a fine for. So Radio while riding on the northeast side of ATL, becareful.

I haven't been to that part of the ATL in about 2 years. I pretty much stay on the west side.

A few years ago, my wife received stalking & harassing phone calls from some guy. We contacted the police. They told us to dial *57 to trace it. Of course we were charged by the phone company each time and the police department needed 3 such traces. They said the guy was calling from a Cricket phone and they were in the process of finding out who was doing it so they could make an arrest.

They never did. We called back numerous times and they said they were still working on it. We finally got tired of the calls and changed our phone number. When we informed the police department that we'd changed the number, they closed the case. WTH?

Soon after that, my wife got a speeding ticket for going 30 mph in a 25 mph zone. She said to the police officer giving her the ticket that if they would spend more time finding her stalker than giving her a speeding ticket, they might actually catch the guy. The police officer said nothing and she got the ticket.

Police departments in many towns across the country have become less enforcers of the law and more revenue collectors for the local governments.

Forum List

Back