Pee powered cars?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Forget gas, batteries — pee is new power source - Innovation- msnbc.com

Urine-powered cars, homes and personal electronic devices could be available in six months with new technology developed by scientists from Ohio University.

Using a nickel-based electrode, the scientists can create large amounts of cheap hydrogen from urine that could be burned or used in fuel cells. "One cow can provide enough energy to supply hot water for 19 houses," said Gerardine Botte, a professor at Ohio University developing the technology. "Soldiers in the field could carry their own fuel."

Pee power is based on hydrogen, the most common element in the universe but one that has resisted efforts to produce, store, transport and use economically.

And coming soon...the car that runs on shit. Some people could then simply sit in the vehicle and speak. That would provide enough energy for several days of motoring.

And coming soon...the car that runs on shit. Some people could then simply sit in the vehicle and speak. That would provide enough energy for several days of motoring.
yeah, someone like, say, Chris?

Possibly, but I had in mind certain cave dwelling noobs. Oh, and Gordon Brown and his collection of governmental retards. Boy. They could run the nation's public transport 24/7 with the shit that tumbles forth from them!

I think Chris deserves a car fueled by human waste.

It's somehow appropriate.

yeah, someone like, say, Chris?

Possibly, but I had in mind certain cave dwelling noobs. Oh, and Gordon Brown and his collection of governmental retards. Boy. They could run the nation's public transport 24/7 with the shit that tumbles forth from them!
same goes for the members of the US Congress
and most of the so called journalists today

What would you call it?

Renault Pissoir? (thought of oui-oui, dismissed it as too obvious)

Chevvy John?

BMW Slash?

VW Leak?

Dodge Eliminator?

And would men leave the damn seat up on the family model???? :eek:

Any minute now Xotoxi will be along with that irony angle again :D

Last edited:

Urine-powered cars, homes and personal electronic devices could be available in six months with new technology developed by scientists from Ohio University.

Using a nickel-based electrode, the scientists can create large amounts of cheap hydrogen from urine that could be burned or used in fuel cells. "One cow can provide enough energy to supply hot water for 19 houses," said Gerardine Botte, a professor at Ohio University developing the technology. "Soldiers in the field could carry their own fuel."

Pee power is based on hydrogen, the most common element in the universe but one that has resisted efforts to produce, store, transport and use economically.

So if you ran out of fuel on the highway, you could refuel the car by using your own pee? I rather like that idea. You'd never have to worry about getting stranded.

I ran out of gas once. A cop stopped and refused to help me. I walked to the gas station, borrowed a can and bought some gas, walked back to my car, put the gas in and drove to the gas station to fill up the car.

I like the pee car option better.

So if you ran out of fuel on the highway, you could refuel the car by using your own pee? I rather like that idea. You'd never have to worry about getting stranded.

I ran out of gas once. A cop stopped and refused to help me. I walked to the gas station, borrowed a can and bought some gas, walked back to my car, put the gas in and drove to the gas station to fill up the car.

I can see that being easy for us men, but I'd be interested to hear how the ladies will resolve that one. :tongue:

What would you call it?

Renault Pissoir? (thought of oui-oui, dismissed it as too obvious)

Chevvy John?

BMW Slash?

VW Leak?

Dodge Eliminator?

And would men leave the damn seat up on the family model???? :eek:

Any minute now Xotoxi will be along with that irony angle again :D

I'm here...sorry I'm late.

I think the VW would be the Pissat.

And if we had cars that ran on shit, the first would be the Saturn Uranus

Finally! An informative post from Chris!

forget gas, batteries — pee is new power source - innovation- msnbc.com

urine-powered cars, homes and personal electronic devices could be available in six months with new technology developed by scientists from ohio university.

Using a nickel-based electrode, the scientists can create large amounts of cheap hydrogen from urine that could be burned or used in fuel cells. "one cow can provide enough energy to supply hot water for 19 houses," said gerardine botte, a professor at ohio university developing the technology. "soldiers in the field could carry their own fuel."

pee power is based on hydrogen, the most common element in the universe but one that has resisted efforts to produce, store, transport and use economically.

so if you ran out of fuel on the highway, you could refuel the car by using your own pee? I rather like that idea. You'd never have to worry about getting stranded.

i can see that being easy for us men, but i'd be interested to hear how the ladies will resolve that one. :tongue:
gmta
;)

Finally! An informative post from Chris!
law of averages, it had to happen sometime

I would never run out of gas, after I had my son I have to pee every thirty minutes it seems.
Imagine the money pregnant women could make off this.

I can see that being easy for us men, but I'd be interested to hear how the ladies will resolve that one. :tongue:

Me too! I bet someone could invent just the right thing. There's money to be made here I tell ya!

I would never run out of gas, after I had my son I have to pee every thirty minutes it seems.
Imagine the money pregnant women could make off this.
why would anyone buy pee, when they could just drink some water and make their own

Forum List

Back