Pedophilia Deserves Civil Rights, Says New York Times’ Op-ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Just how FUCKED UP MENTALLY, can Liberals get...read about it in the N.Y. SLIMES!!!

Daily Caller ^

The nation’s tough anti-pedophilia laws are unfair to pedophiles, according to an op-ed published by The New York Times’ editors. “One can live with pedophilia and not act on it,” says Margo Kaplan, an entrepreneurial assistant law professor at Rutgers University, and a former lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union. Tragically, the roughly 1 percent of “people who are sexually attracted to children] must hide their disorder from everyone they know — or risk losing educational and job opportunities, and face the prospect of harassment and even violence,” she wrote.....

As long as We keep that shit illegal and punishable by serious jail time, I don't really care about fluctuations in the small percentage of the population who can empathize.

Remember... No matter how difficult it is for the predator to feel normal, the victims have it worse.

• Banned
Come on gang, if the subversives can't get it OK'd by the court to go for polygamy, bestiality, and your ability to marry ANY inanimate object, THIS has to be what's in store for this GODLESS IMMORAL country!

Just how FUCKED UP MENTALLY, can Liberals get...read about it in the N.Y. SLIMES!!!

Daily Caller ^

The nation’s tough anti-pedophilia laws are unfair to pedophiles, according to an op-ed published by The New York Times’ editors. “One can live with pedophilia and not act on it,” says Margo Kaplan, an entrepreneurial assistant law professor at Rutgers University, and a former lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union. Tragically, the roughly 1 percent of “people who are sexually attracted to children] must hide their disorder from everyone they know — or risk losing educational and job opportunities, and face the prospect of harassment and even violence,” she wrote.....

I dont care if its unfair. Tough shit. You hurt children and you lose any sympathy I have for you as a human.

OK....let me try.

This subject requires a bit of maturity and awareness of the facts if it is to be discussed with any purpose.

I heard a lengthy interview with the author of that piece today. She is not suggesting that CHILD MOLESTERS be afforded any type of freedom or benefit. Instead, she is suggesting that non-offending pedophiles be treated like people with a mental illness and not like people who are criminals. So....they can seek out and get treatment BEFORE they offend......thus making the world a little safer for our children.

I, like most here, cannot fathom what goes on in the mind of a person who has pedophilia. It's a foreign concept. My gut reaction is to be repulsed. However, I'm not afraid to consider the possibility that those with this illness can be treated. That is all that the author of the piece was saying.

I understand that most people are unwilling to think beyond the ugly and perverted surface of this topic. It is to be expected.

First, if they have not acted on their pedophilic urges, they should have nothing to fear from the law. If they do act on their perverse desires, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Secondly, as I understand the situation, if they seek mental health treatment to overcome their urges, and when they are caught indulging themselves, they are still treated as having mental health issues. Harming children, especially in this particularly heinous and sick manner, is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back