Pedophile priests

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by JohnA, Jan 21, 2011.

1. JohnA

JohnA Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Once again evidence has surfaced that the hierachy of the catholic church look the other way when it comes to the illegal acts of pedophile priests
    just another example of the church being all about business (money ) and letting nothing even the abuse of children get its way of adding more to the already enornous amounts of cash / real estate it already holds
    seems saving souls comes secondary to that .

when these frauds get there own house in order i might listen to what they have to say .

Sex abuse scandals line John Paul's road to sainthood - International Business Times

2. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,329
    Meaningless without the actual letter. Got a link?

3. JohnA

JohnA Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Did you not read the articule the letter is in the hands of the hairachy and they admit its EXISTANCE and its been made public

thats what the INVESTIGATION all about its been made public if you want to see it go find it

quote from articule

It has come to light, in the ongoing investigations and litigations of sexual abuses by Irish clergy, that the Irish bishops took part in a cover-up of the abusers specifically because of instructions from the Vatican contained in a 1997 letter, made public this week.

unquote
    not meaninless at all unless you want to excuse the priests conduct .

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    If you aren't Catholic, why on earth do you care whether the former Pope becomes a Saint or not?

5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    I could say the same thing about Child Protective Services.

6. Marie888

Marie888 † † †

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +215
    .Just some thoughts/sharing..

I believe the problem is that the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) represents to many around the world the "christian church", which is quite sad. To many of Christians, including myself, that is misrepresentation.

Most Christians I know go by God's Word alone. Jesus Christ is their "Head" of the church, not the Pope, as he is a man and capable of sin as we all are.

Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, and HE intercedes for us, we pray to Him. (No where in the Bible does it say to pray "TO" the saints as the RCC does..but rather "for" the saints.) Who answers prayers but God alone? Who is Savior but God alone? (Feel free to share with me any verse that says otherwise)

I believe one of the biggest problems about the RCC is that they (for the most part) do not allow their priests to be married. (I think there is a certain clause or something, if some are already married) but for the most part, they forbid it. )

The Bible does NOT say a priest or pastor has to be single, but rather the opposite.

There is even a verse here where it says to watch out for those who "forbid to marry."

And its OK to be married and a leader in the church. The Lord knows full well we are naturally made to mate. Although it is great if someone doesn't need to be married and serves the Lord, it is NOT a requirement.

That's just one of a list of tons of items the RCC teaches falsely.

If interested..take a peek at "A woman rides the beast" by David Hunt. There's also a video on Youtube about it.

PS - I am only referring to the doctrines and the set up of the RCC - not any person here on the board.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,887
    Haven't we heard "It's a dis-ease" for what is essentially bad behavior, long enough???...
    :cuckoo:
    'Paedophilia not criminal condition' says Durban cardinal
    15 March 2013 - The Catholic Archbishop of Durban, Wilfrid Fox Napier, has described paedophilia as a psychological "illness, not a criminal condition".

8. LittleNipper

LittleNipper VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The sooner the Roman Catholic church does away with the celebacy of its priests and nuns the sooner homosexual behavior will lose its hidden influence within that church. I believe that it is the shaming of all forms of sex (including those God ordained) that causes that church to try to hide such atrocities and not deal with them openly.