Pediatrics Group Says Circumcision's Benefits Outweigh Risks

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Do the boy child a favor and get him cut, folks.

For the new policy statement, researchers formed a task force in 2007 to review evidence from 1,000 studies that took place between 1995 and 2010. They found that the procedure had preventive benefits, including a major risk reduction for male urinary tract infections - especially during the first year of life - and a lower risk of cancer, and heterosexual acquisition of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Specifically, risk for herpes was 28 to 34 percent lower for circumcised men and risk for HPV was reduced by 30 to 40 percent.

Based on current rates, it appears an increasing number of parents are opting to skip the procedure. A recent analysis from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found the U.S. circumcision rate fell from about 63 percent of newborn boys in 1999 to 55 percent in 2010. In the 1980s, the U.S. circumcision rate was about 79 percent of newborn boys.

A study in last week's Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine found the 20-year decline may have already contributed to about $2 billion in additional medical costs, for care related to treating urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases throughout a male's lifetime. The researchers say if the trend continues to where only 10 percent of U.S. males are circumcised - rates similar to Europe - the country could face about $4.4 billion in health care costs - an added $407 per man.

And a lot of unnecessary added pain.

Besides, an uncircumcised penis is fugly.

You can read the orginal policy statement here: Circumcision Policy Statement

Yes, an uncut penis is fucking revolting. No offense to those men who still have that ugly wad of skin hanging off their dick, but I feel sorry for you.

The option should be up to parents, though.

Not just fugly, there's all crap that must get trapped under the foreskin.

Yes, an uncut penis is fucking revolting. No offense to those men who still have that ugly wad of skin hanging off their dick, but I feel sorry for you.

I feel sorry for anyone that takes a baby boy made in gods image and likeness ..pure perfection and feels compelled to mutilate him with a scalpel

Imagine going down on an uncut bloke. I'd probably clean him first because I wouldn't trust him to do it. For a species who rarely wash their hands after a piss, do we really trust them to clean their dicks?

Plus, imagine that massive wad of skin in your mouth. You'd be better off sucking your thumb. Same feeling.

Imagine going down on an uncut bloke. I'd probably clean him first because I wouldn't trust him to do it. For a species who rarely wash their hands after a piss, do we really trust them to clean their dicks?

Plus, imagine that massive wad of skin in your mouth. You'd be better off sucking your thumb. Same feeling.

there is no massive wad of skin you silly woman the skin only covers the head of the penis when flaccid with a erection and circumcised penis and uncircumcised look virtually the same...

there is no massive wad of skin you silly woman the skin only covers the head of the penis when flaccid with a erection and circumcised penis and uncircumcised look virtually the same...

You might think they look the same...but they don't.

not just me ,all the woman I been with ...and I have been with A - lot of woman

Speaking of throbbing uncircumcised members...this is a great interview with Marilyn Manson..where he ponders just that

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH08K70Duzs]Nardwuar vs. Marilyn Manson - YouTube[/ame]

I know parents that think females should be circumcised, should they be allowed to make the decision, or is that barbaric and unconscionable because it interferes with a woman's choice?

You really are beyond stupid.

I am willing to bet I can post pictures of penises and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a circumscribed one and an uncircumcised one, even while flaccid, never mind erect.

Maybe the real problem is that you are kind of a slut?

I know parents that think females should be circumcised, should they be allowed to make the decision, or is that barbaric and unconscionable because it interferes with a woman's choice?

While I think you can make arguments against male circumcision, I don't think that one works very well. Female circumcision does severe damage and serves no medical function. Male circumcision makes sex a little less fun, while providing some benefits in terms of disease prevention.

I agree. Circumcised is way sexier, cleaner, but I still would make him wash up.

Maybe the real problem is that you are kind of a slut?

Hey now. Are men who like big boobs pigs. It's a preference thing not a slut thing.

Forum List

Back