Peanuts, Anyone?

Maybe they shouldn't accept the free peanuts.

are you really this stupid? the allergy can be triggered even by inhaling the "dust" from the peanut packets that other people open aka the person sitting next to you or the person chewing peanuts a foot from your mouth

Okay blu, maybe. Why are peanuts causing deaths that they did not 50 years ago?

How much of this is mere hysteria or a secret joy from controlling others?

FYI there seems to be a dramatic increase is ALL SORTS of allegic reactions, Mad.

Some scientists speculate (read have not yet proven) that some combination of the over 40,000 chemicals typical Americans are exposed to every day is causing some of us to develop hypersensitivity to ALL sorts of things.

Peanut allergies are but one example of that trend in public heath problems we're facing.

FYI, no I do not have allergies.

I just know that when I was a kid, NOBODY had them and now millions of people seem to be developing them and often (and this is kinda unusual) they're developing these hypersensitive allergies late in life, too.

The nastiest ones are the fake mustard flavored ones.

Revolting.
I own Snyder's of Hanover routes here in ATL. HMO or Honey Mustard and Onion is the number one selling product in the Southeast and Northeast right behind Minis.

And none of the regular Pretzels have peanut's in them. Only the Pnut Sandwich and all of the choc covered.

The nastiest ones are the fake mustard flavored ones.

Revolting.
I own Snyder's of Hanover routes here in ATL. HMO or Honey Mustard and Onion is the number one selling product in the Southeast and Northeast right behind Minis.

And none of the regular Pretzels have peanut's in them. Only the Pnut Sandwich and all of the choc covered.

I live in Tampa and have for 17 years. They sell something here called "boiled peanuts". I have to say that I like peanuts but the idea of boiled peanuts is not at all appetizing. In the 17 years I have lived in Florida, I have tried boiled peanuts a total of... zero times.

I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to trying new foods.

Immie

are you really this stupid? the allergy can be triggered even by inhaling the "dust" from the peanut packets that other people open aka the person sitting next to you or the person chewing peanuts a foot from your mouth

Okay blu, maybe. Why are peanuts causing deaths that they did not 50 years ago?

How much of this is mere hysteria or a secret joy from controlling others?

FYI there seems to be a dramatic increase is ALL SORTS of allegic reactions, Mad.

Some scientists speculate (read have not yet proven) that some combination of the over 40,000 chemicals typical Americans are exposed to every day is causing some of us to develop hypersensitivity to ALL sorts of things.

Peanut allergies are but one example of that trend in public heath problems we're facing.

FYI, no I do not have allergies.

I just know that when I was a kid, NOBODY had them and now millions of people seem to be developing them and often (and this is kinda unusual) they're developing these hypersensitive allergies late in life, too.
That's because we played in drainage ditches and ate dirt by the spoon-full.
Immune systems, nowadays, are coddled by the TV/Computer babysitter
:eusa_shhh:

I'm not trying to be selfish. I will accommodate the legitimate needs of others.

I just don't happen to believe that so many have deadly peanut allergies, anymore than I think 400% more adults have bi-polar disorder than 10 years ago or that every other kidlet now has ADHD.

I think some (significant) part of claims to food allergies are nothing more than disguised bullying. Since I don't think bullying should be rewarded, I am resistant to eliminating peanuts from our lives and diets.

Not many are allergic but if they are they could die right in your lap on a plane.

JScott, then explain to me how this has happened. Peanuts are not new food. Tey have not been genetically altered. HTF did so many Americans (and evidentially no one else) develop deadly allergies to peanuts within the last decade?

Read the linked article and tell me it doesn't raise a few questions for you.

Peanut allergy can be deadly - CNN.com

I'm not trying to be selfish. I will accommodate the legitimate needs of others.

I just don't happen to believe that so many have deadly peanut allergies, anymore than I think 400% more adults have bi-polar disorder than 10 years ago or that every other kidlet now has ADHD.

I think some (significant) part of claims to food allergies are nothing more than disguised bullying. Since I don't think bullying should be rewarded, I am resistant to eliminating peanuts from our lives and diets.

Not many are allergic but if they are they could die right in your lap on a plane.

Disagree. Peanut allergies are real. I've seen quite a few kids have severe reactions. I'm talking about little kids who have no concept of bullying. Even though they for sure have the concept of getting their own way :lol:

Okay, I'll play along. If peanut allergies are real, what is causing them?

Years ago, I watched a movie about this woman who had developed all sorts of vague symptoms no doctor could verify or treat. (We used to call that hypochondria.) She finds a New Age Healer (read "bullshit artist") who convinces her she's allergic to modern life. All plastics, aerosols, paint fumes...you name it. She leaves her husband and moves to some "safe haven" commune. Like a fool, because he still loves her, he goes to see her and she has nothing to say to him because the fumes of gasoline still cling to him, he's not wearing all cotton, etc. etc. etc.

As I watched this movie, I couldn't help thinking "wouldn't it be easier just to divorce your husband?" Am I alone in thinking that some of the "new illnesses" are self-indulgent horseshit?

Okay, I'll play along. If peanut allergies are real, what is causing them?

Years ago, I watched a movie about this woman who had developed all sorts of vague symptoms no doctor could verify or treat. (We used to call that hypochondria.) She finds a New Age Healer (read "bullshit artist") who convinces her she's allergic to modern life. All plastics, aerosols, paint fumes...you name it. She leaves her husband and moves to some "safe haven" commune. Like a fool, because he still loves her, he goes to see her and she has nothing to say to him because the fumes of gasoline still cling to him, he's not wearing all cotton, etc. etc. etc.

As I watched this movie, I couldn't help thinking "wouldn't it be easier just to divorce your husband?" Am I alone in thinking that some of the "new illnesses" are self-indulgent horseshit?

No, absolutely some of the shit is just shit. I for one believe ADD could be solved by busting some ass. Just for example. But a food allergy can be proven to exist.

Prespective people. You are sitting in a plane. It has no real exits when in use and more than enough flamables to blow you up multiple times. You even have people that would LIKE to blow it up trying to get on. Hell peanuts might take out a terrorist some day.

Ya well true. I also recall when airplanes allowed smoking; most of you have probably been on planes old enough that they still had those stupid built in ashtrays in the armrests. I always wondered who the fuck needs a cigarette so badly they cannot wait till they get off the plane, and instead have to risk starting fire.

Might only happen 1 time out of a million, but as there is nowhere to go and little fire-fighting equipment on board, why risk it?

I wonder why people on boats smoke too, though I admit I have done it. I guess sometimes, we are all irrational.

Forum List

Back