Peaky Blinders

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
Have you lot got your hands on this yet? It's basically Deadwood/Boardwalk Empire set in Edwardian England, but much, much more violent. Sam Neill's character is my favourite. "Ey am an ehgent o' da croin, Mr. Shelby, and you are on mah hook."

PB is on netflix. Watched two episodes. Interesting, but not broadchurch quality, imho. When things slow down and we get all of Hell on Wheels done, we will pick it up again.

Have you lot got your hands on this yet? It's basically Deadwood/Boardwalk Empire set in Edwardian England, but much, much more violent. Sam Neill's character is my favourite. "Ey am an ehgent o' da croin, Mr. Shelby, and you are on mah hook."

Sam Neill never disappoints.

Speaking of good British drama/action, that btw has pretty much disappeared from the now dreadful BBC America,

a couple that may not be well known are 'Line of Duty', free on Hulu, a cops/crime drama,

and 'Strike Back', best described as an action/adventure special ops sort of show - a bit harder to find.

Best bonus of Strike Back season one is you get to see Andrew Lincoln, of the Walking Dead, performing in his native tongue - he's British for anyone who might not know that. Very shocking, lol.

We love BBC and watch some BBC America. Watched two PB and gave it up. Have not watched Strike Back and Line of Duty. We will check it out. Right now we are watching 'Wolf Hall' with Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell and Damien Lewis as Henry VIII. The rest of the cast is superb. Claire Foy in Anne Boleyn. She was a lot of fun in 'Going Postal,' the visual remake of Pratchett's novel.

We love BBC and watch some BBC America. Watched two PB and gave it up. Have not watched Strike Back and Line of Duty. We will check it out. Right now we are watching 'Wolf Hall' with Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell and Damien Lewis as Henry VIII. The rest of the cast is superb. Claire Foy in Anne Boleyn. She was a lot of fun in 'Going Postal,' the visual remake of Pratchett's novel.

I'm watching 'Wolf Hall'. Rylance is amazing I've never seen him in anything. It's the quintessential Masterpiece theatre fare. It's one of those 'where have seen that guy/gal before' casts...

it's amazing that we could get another Henry VIII series and still have it be good. I think I've seen them all.

PS, BBCAmerica is now shit. Period. I think 80% of the shows on it aren't even British.

But . . . since all Americans, no matter how wealthy . . . are plebian by nature.

My wife and I love Grimm, just because it is fun and escapist.

But . . . since all Americans, no matter how wealthy . . . are plebian by nature.

My wife and I love Grimm, just because it is fun and escapist.

I just watched season one of Grimm on amazon prime it really is good entertainment. I see a new season of ripper street starts tomorrow on bbca.

Forum List

Back