Peak Sarah Palin hate

Fuck off. Democrats use the same violent metaphors.

Provide an example, please

Newpolitics, examples have been posted all over the board. There's the DNL web sites' use of gun sites to target areas they want to concentrate on; Obama's saying "if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun" among other gems, etc.

This did not happen just at Palin's PAC or FOX News....it happened all across the board.

Interesting. I did not know that. (you have to understand, I don't own a TV, and besides believing that I am better off for it, I am out of the loop of these little political squabbles and the incidents that spark them.)... That is wrong. Any call to violence is childish as hell. For Obama to say that is ridiculous.

Someone here posted links. But these are good.

Michelle Malkin The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer, 2000-2010

Now pooh-pooh them.

:eusa_shhh:
don't ya know, Liberals CAN'T be haters.

Somebody here posted a bunch of links, too, but I can't find it. Was it you?

I posted this video not so much to show the hypocrisy of Rachel Maddow, though that is glaring in the video, but to give a glimpse of how the Left-Liberal acted out during the Bush years.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ7r5ivupTU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Thanks for the link, I guess. although, it doesn't prove your point at all. These were public, political leaders on the right that said these things. The examples given on that website (devoted to slandering liberals) were private citizens, who were expressing their anger and discontent about a president (bush) who they believed wrong them, our country, and the whole free world. There is quite a difference.

It is the same with the video that Stephanie just posted to. It's funny to me that you think private citizens can't voice their own opinions of our public leaders, and when they do, you demonize them, effectively criticizing their rights to free speech. As a private a citizen, make a sign, have a peaceful protest, make flags banners, saying whatever you want. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative. When you are in the public arena, the rules inherently change, that's the just the way it is. They have a responsibility to other people, which is different when you are simply a private citizen, because you DON'T have a responsibility to other people (aside from swearing in front of children, or that kind of thing). These politicians are leaders of people, and when you lead, you have responsibility, you have power. Your words mean more, and you are accountable for them.

You should repost that twitter video, Stephanie. It's more recent -- and more shocking.

I saw this twitter video, and all I can say is... so what? These are private people expressing valid feelings of anger towards a public figure head who is attempting to establish a position of power within a society in which many people are already very unhappy with the current general situation. My point is, whatever the reason, these people have a right to voice their opinion. They are not on a public podium. You may say 'Twitter is a public podium, because everyone can see it." But, who are these people posting? Nobody anyone knows, so who cares. They are not public leaders, who represent the opinions and views of others.

Thanks for the link, I guess. although, it doesn't prove your point at all. These were public, political leaders on the right that said these things. The examples given on that website (devoted to slandering liberals) were private citizens, who were expressing their anger and discontent about a president (bush) who they believed wrong them, our country, and the whole free world. There is quite a difference.

It is the same with the video that Stephanie just posted to. It's funny to me that you think private citizens can't voice their own opinions of our public leaders, and when they do, you demonize them, effectively criticizing their rights to free speech. As a private a citizen, make a sign, have a peaceful protest, make flags banners, saying whatever you want. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative. When you are in the public arena, the rules inherently change, that's the just the way it is. They have a responsibility to other people, which is different when you are simply a private citizen, because you DON'T have a responsibility to other people (aside from swearing in front of children, or that kind of thing). These politicians are leaders of people, and when you lead, you have responsibility, you have power. Your words mean more, and you are accountable for them.

Oh right, and the LEADERS of the Democrat party and the Obama haven't said one damn inflammatory things about the Republicans. Obama has been the worst of using "violent rhetoric" of them all. But as we know, you all will MAKE ANY EXCUSE for them.

Last edited:
You should repost that twitter video, Stephanie. It's more recent -- and more shocking.

I saw this twitter video, and all I can say is... so what? These are private people expressing valid feelings of anger towards a public figure head who is attempting to establish a position of power within a society in which many people are already very unhappy with the current general situation. My point is, whatever the reason, these people have a right to voice their opinion. They are not on a public podium. You may say 'Twitter is a public podium, because everyone can see it." But, who are these people posting? Nobody anyone knows, so who cares. They are not public leaders, who represent the opinions and views of others.

IMO, it is not okay for a private person to use the internet to publish death threats or wishes towards a public figure either, newpolitics. This adds to the fuel load in our political life, has no value, and should be condemned as well.

Michelle Malkin The progressive “climate of hate:” An illustrated primer, 2000-2010

Now pooh-pooh them.

Oh right, and the LEADERS of the Democrat party and the Obama haven't said one damn inflammatory things about the Republicans. Obama has been the worst of using "violent rhetoric" of them all. But as we know, you all will MAKE ANY EXCUSE for them.

Obama has not been "the worst". Let's not be dishonest here. But his use of such language is possibly more disturbing, because he is POTUS. That much I will concede.

It doesn't make sense to start taking the words of private citizens who happen to be part of a certain political party, and holding anybody who subscribes to that party as being of the same opinion or point of view. That is generalizing. Further, it is invalidating the opinions of those people saying the things in question, implying that "They shouldn't feel that way, or they don't HAVE THE RIGHT to feel that way," effectively judging them as people for the opinions they express. Well, now you are encroaching on the free universal rights of humans, beyond just being a US citizen.

It doesn't make sense to start taking the words of private citizens who happen to be part of a certain political party, and holding anybody who subscribes to that party as being of the same opinion or point of view. That is generalizing. Further, it is invalidating the opinions of those people saying the things in question, implying that "They shouldn't feel that way, or they don't HAVE THE RIGHT to feel that way," effectively judging them as people for the opinions they express. Well, now you are encroaching on the free universal rights of humans, beyond just being a US citizen.

I am not urging you to take responsibility for the ugly things said by anyone else, newpolitics. I am urging you to condemn outlandish, inflammatory, violent speech....no matter who says it. These people can all express their feelings without such language, and using it raises a level of hysteria and anger that MAY have helped contribute to what happened on Saturday.

It's cheap, sleazy and demeans us all...and we should stop tolerating it as if it's just background noise.

Now pooh-pooh them.

I will? Because you know me, how? Because you think I am a liberal, and already you've pigeon-holed me so you know everything about me?

If any leaders democratic or republican, use their public voice to cite hatred, dislike, violence, or negative sentiment of any kind towards another human, THAT IS WRONG.
Now, take your assumptions elsewhere.

Haha... this is what Obama said, at a FUNDRAISER a couple years back:

That's exactly what Barack Obama said he would do to counter Republican attacks "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun," Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. "Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I've seen Eagles fans."

Read more: Obama Flashback: 'If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun'... - President Obama - Fox Nation

Obama is speaking figuratively. He is not being literal. Therefore... it is of no importance, and not relevant to a debate where public leaders are making literal calls to arms. This Obama quote is something Fox dug up to make him look bad. If you are an adult, you can tell the difference between something that is meant figuratively and something that is meant literally. Children usually don't have that capability. Immature is when you take something that was meant as figurative, and try to make it seem as if the intent was literal, in order to slander someone, because you disagree with their politics, and that is what is going on here, by some conservatives, and seems to be a common tactic. It's a distortion of the truth. All he is saying is he is ready for a fight, and he'll bring everything he has in his 'arsenal' to win.

Palin was "just being literal" as well, newpolitics. Let's not pretend Obama's choice of words was praise-worthy here, because it wasn't. And it was not his only mistake in speech.

I am not urging you to take responsibility for the ugly things said by anyone else, newpolitics. I am urging you to condemn outlandish, inflammatory, violent speech....no matter who says it. These people can all express their feelings without such language, and using it raises a level of hysteria and anger that MAY have helped contribute to what happened on Saturday.

It's cheap, sleazy and demeans us all...and we should stop tolerating it as if it's just background noise.

Why should I condemn them? We are all adults. If the words of a few on twitter effect our actions, then we have problems of our own that we need to address. Perhaps Palin should consider her own words first. She has chosen to put herself into the public realm. If she incites violent sentiment towards herself then perhaps she should listen to the words and sentiments of others. If she chooses not to, that is her own fault. She knows how people feel about her, but she continues to parade herself around. It's her own fault. Stop blaming people for reacting a certain way. She doesn't hold an office. She doesn't DO ANYTHING. She has an internet show. Yet, she has turned so much of our country against our standing President. That is pretty infuriating from an objective standpoint, because she offers nothing constructive, only the hope of some possible future vindication if she is elected POTUS. It's a circus.

Why should I condemn them? We are all adults. If the words of a few on twitter effect our actions, then we have problems of our own that we need to address. Perhaps Palin should consider her own words first. She has chosen to put herself into the public realm. If she incites violent sentiment towards herself then perhaps she should listen to the words and sentiments of others. If she chooses not to, that is her own fault. She knows how people feel about her, but she continues to parade herself around. It's her own fault. Stop blaming people for reacting a certain way. She doesn't hold an office. She doesn't DO ANYTHING. She has an internet show. Yet, she has turned so much of our country against our standing President. That is pretty infuriating from an objective standpoint, because she offers nothing constructive, only the hope of some possible future vindication if she is elected POTUS. It's a circus.

You should condemn that sort of speech on twitter (or elsewhere on the 'net) because it all adds to the fuel load. It all adds to the hysteria and the polarization that MAY have led to the shooting.

I understand and agree with you about the heightened responsibility of public figures....but that doesn't make violent threats coming from private individuals acceptable, at least not IMO.

LoLing @ people believing Sarah has a chance in running for Prez.

49izadw.gif

Forum List

Back