Peak oil is real, but...

racialreality9

Aug 8, 2016
it's not playing out the way you thought it would.

Instead, it manifests itself as political division, chaos in the financial markets, and geopolitical unrest. Moreover, oil prices don't go to infinity, because if they spike high enough, it results in demand destruction.

It doesn't immediately appear as an energy problem, because the system as a whole is producing enormous amounts of energy, and will for some time.

But in the background the depletion continues, and it can't be negotiated away.

Petroleum is a finite resource...

... just as coal is...

... presently we're having to drill deeper...

... but at some point current reserves are going to run out...

... and when, not if, they do...

... we should be prepared with other viable, renewable sources...

... up and running.

How old are you?

I've been in this business close to 40 years. Peak oil my ass. I can't recall how many times I've heard that bullshit.

PS- Fuck you.
PS--fuck you? Damn, you are an angry feller. I guess hearing about peak oil for 40 years will make a man this angry.

it's not playing out the way you thought it would.

Instead, it manifests itself as political division, chaos in the financial markets, and geopolitical unrest. Moreover, oil prices don't go to infinity, because if they spike high enough, it results in demand destruction.

It doesn't immediately appear as an energy problem, because the system as a whole is producing enormous amounts of energy, and will for some time.

But in the background the depletion continues, and it can't be negotiated away.

Peak oil wasn't about depletion, but folks fitting random declines to time series data and pretending it was a meaningful exercise. Depleton has been going on since...oh....about 1859, and it certainly didn't stop humans from learning to fly, fighting world wars, building out suburbia in the US, going into space, and Americans still gas guzzling there way into the future...

Forum List

Back