Peaches and Blackberrys

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
It's almost the end of the peach season here in central texas. Went out and picked some gorgoeus peaches and a bucket of blackberrys ( one in the bucket---2 in the mouth type picking). I will probably make some cobbler and can some----if anyone has some special recipies and has the time to share em I'd appreciate it.!

Lucky you. Pick and enjoy. Here is one that's easy--and good!

Peach* Kuchen

32 oz can of sliced peaches (or about 2 cups fresh peaches, sliced)
1 egg
1 cup sour cream
½ tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 yellow cake mix
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup sugar

Crust:
Mix together cake mix, butter, and coconut. Press into greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes (so you don’t burn yourself during the next step).
Topping:
Arrange peach slices in rows on top of crust. Mix together egg, sour cream, sugar and cinnamon. Spread over peaches.

Bake 30 minutes at 350 or until sour cream mixture is set.
* You can substitute with other fruit in season, such as apples or blueberries--or mix it up.

Ohhh, Mama, sounds yummy! Tomorrow's dessert! Thanks!

Another super one, and Amish recipe – I like it because it isn’t overly sweet, like a peach shortcake. Love to share this recipe. Makes a lot.

Peach Long Cake
Makes 10 servings

4 cups peaches, sliced
1/2 cup sugar

Dough
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
6 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 large egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk

1. Sprinkle sugar over sliced peaches. Set aside.
2. Sift flour. Add baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in shortening. Add egg and milk and stir until moistened. Spread dough into a well-greased 9”x13” pan. Arrange peach slices over dough.

Topping
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour

1. Cream together all ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls over peaches.
2. Bake at 375o for 30 minutes. Serve warm with milk or whipped cream.

Hi Kathianne,
Thanks for saying it sounds good. One of my "faves." Super easy: but don't tell. People will think you slaved for hours. On the kucken, just don't cook the crust too long or it gets too hard. Underbaked is better. I always spray my pans, too, just in case. Happy Baking!

Originally posted by softwaremama
Hi Kathianne,
Thanks for saying it sounds good. One of my "faves." Super easy: but don't tell. People will think you slaved for hours. On the kucken, just don't cook the crust too long or it gets too hard. Underbaked is better. I always spray my pans, too, just in case. Happy Baking!

Thanks, they both sound great! Going to do tomorrow for dessert, one of them. Perhaps for my Party for the President on Thursday too! Like easy. :p:

Originally posted by softwaremama
Great, good luck with the party.

Thanks! I forgot to say Welcome! Cooking, software, and politics! A welcome addition for sure.

Forum List

Back