Peaceful Muslims. A very touching article.

Dear L
Because Muslims are bound by civil authority, that is why Jihadists attack and hijack govt so they can force their politics on entire populations of nations who are peaceful.

The peaceful Muslims are thus displaced to US France UK and any other country that respects religious freedom and due process.

So don't blame the victims of genocide committed in the name of their own faith in order to hide among them, like how guerrilla fighters hide among children.

The problem IS the social division between Christians Jewish and Muslim when these should be united under law.

So when we quit dividing, the Jihadists cannot hide inside the confusion and chaos from constant conflicts ,as when they sneaked into America while our parties were too busy fighting each other to unite.

Let's not keep making the same mistakes.
Unite against Jihadists, ban this terrorist faith from civil society, and take back the nations and govts they invaded. We can't do that if we are divided in conflict.

We must be in complete spiritual and political agreement to ban a specific political religious practice, and or establish isolated areas where these can govern themselves alone.

Here's a dispassioned observation on the notion of honor killings. Maybe if we still had a sense of honor ourselves as we did just 100 or so years ago, we wouldn't use others their own sense of it as a slight against them. We've had Presidents involved in personal duels over matters of honor for crying out loud. Lest we forget.

EMILY- this was a 12 year old thread:)
Wow I wasn't on here 10 years ago.
I hope Dawoud has made progress since then.
If I knew then the people I know now, so much more conflict could have been avoided or resolved following 9/11.
We're just now hearing Muslim leaders publicly calling for reform of Islam.
That took a lot of unifying work between 9/11 and Charlie Hebdo attacks to come to that point. That certainly wasn't there at the time of the protests over the Mosque near ground zero. Maybe the protests in Texas against a Muslim assembly might finally bring on the dialogue and resolution that is long overdue. Wish we had this back then, but maybe it takes 12 years to get caught up to where Dawoud already was 12 years ago. Maybe people just weren't ready like they are today. I was also asking for peace, but didn't have the contacts and language to spell it out like I have now.

Here's where I was in 2001:

http www.houstonprogressive.org/believe/believe.html

Thanks Kevin
Thanks Delta4 I like your message also

EMILY- this was a 12 year old thread:)
Wow I wasn't on here 10 years ago.
I hope Dawoud has made progress since then.
If I knew then the people I know now, so much more conflict could have been avoided or resolved following 9/11.
We're just now hearing Muslim leaders publicly calling for reform of Islam.
That took a lot of unifying work between 9/11 and Charlie Hebdo attacks to come to that point. That certainly wasn't there at the time of the protests over the Mosque near ground zero. Maybe the protests in Texas against a Muslim assembly might finally bring on the dialogue and resolution that is long overdue. Wish we had this back then, but maybe it takes 12 years to get caught up to where Dawoud already was 12 years ago. Maybe people just weren't ready like they are today. I was also asking for peace, but didn't have the contacts and language to spell it out like I have now.

Here's where I was in 2001:

http www.houstonprogressive.org/believe/believe.html

Thanks Kevin
Thanks Delta4 I like your message also
Who is calling for reform of Islam?

I don't think Islam needs to be "reformed"... except by the individual (but the same applies to anyone who considers themselves a "follower" of a religion), as I recommend that every individual of every religion reforms their spiritual/ religious system to more accurately reflect their Nature, weltanschauung, and Will.

You do not have to allow others to dominate your spirituality.

I don't think Islam needs to be "reformed"... except by the individual (but the same applies to anyone who considers themselves a "follower" of a religion), as I recommend that every individual of every religion reforms their spiritual/ religious system to more accurately reflect their Nature, weltanschauung, and Will.

You do not have to allow others to dominate your spirituality.

Can you give an example of a Muslim who would reform himself from one mode of practice to another?

Forum List

Back