Peaceful Assembly & the Freedom of Speech

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
I wonder. What defines "Peaceful"?
Has the term "peaceful demonstration" been redefined since the Bush Administration? Would the behavior of those protesting health care reform have been considered peaceful, if in 2006 they were protesting the Iraq War at meetings with Republican Members of Congress, using the same tactics in use today to protest health care reform?

I wonder. What defines "Peaceful"?
Has the term "peaceful demonstration" been redefined since the Bush Administration? Would the behavior of those protesting health care reform have been considered peaceful, if in 2006 they were protesting the Iraq War at meetings with Republican Members of Congress, using the same tactics in use today to protest health care reform?

I've protested both. Both parties have a problem with dissent. This has been a problem in America long before GWB (or Bush-III, a.k.a., Obama).

Personally? I think that because of the scare tactics that were used repeatedly over the 8 years of Bush Jr., combined with the fanatical way that the GOP did their Palin rallies (calling for Obama's death, wanting to riot.......all that crap that was reported), and now, they've just taken that same rhetoric filled, hateful form of protest and ramped it up for this subject.

Remember..........fear is a powerful tool for motivating people. Just ask the Catholic church.

Forum List

Back