Peace On Earth Goodwill To All Men?

Canadian's grave relocated to corner in Bodrum cemetery

ISTANBUL – Hürriyet
The remains of a retired Canadian diplomat have been relocated to another corner in the Bodrum cemetery, following a local family’s complaints. Wife of the late diplomat Hans Himmelbach is deeply unhappy about the incident and says her efforts to stop the relocation was futile

Hans Himmelbach's family is frustrated about the relocation of the late diplomat's grave in Bodrum's Torba cemetery. DHA photo
The remains of retired Canadian diplomat Hans Himmelbach have been relocated to a remote corner in the Bodrum cemetery where he was buried, because a prominent local family was uncomfortable with his proximity to the graves of their loved ones.

“I cannot digest that my husband’s grave was moved to a corner because the neighborhood cemetery owners didn’t want him. This behavior doesn’t suit my country or the people of my country. This implementation is backward, I’ve lost my sleep,” said his wife İlknur Kummul Himmelbach, a previous national sports woman and a Turkish record holder.

Canadian's grave relocated to corner in Bodrum cemetery - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

The tolerance of Islam is directly proportional to its minority status.

It has nothing to do with Muslims.
It has to do with Islam.
I told you a long time ago to not confuse the two.

• Banned
It has nothing to do with Muslims.
It has to do with Islam.
I told you a long time ago to not confuse the two.

Ah, Mr. Fitnah you never do see what's right in front of you. The people in that little NY town were embarrassed by a politican who jumped to conclusions and made bigoted remarks. Their remedy, most of them, has been to reach out to the Muslims and become acquainted with them as people. It seems to be working, and since it's almost Christmas, I thought it was a heart-warming example of the good will we should all try to exhibit.

Kinda sorta like you and I trying harder to treat one another with civility, see?

The muslims in the story are Sufi muslims.

They are totally non violent and do not participate in fighting or jihad.

Mr Fitnah knows this; but heck, any excuse to denigrate muslims is what he lives for. :doubt:

Mr Fitnah knows this; but heck, any excuse to denigrate muslims is what he lives for. :doubt:

The spirit of tolerance and mutual respect demonstrated by the residents of that little town seems to offend, even threaten Mr. Fitnah.

How sad.

Al-Ghazali, a Sufi orthodox Muslim, and follower of the Shafi’i school of Islamic jurisprudence, wrote this about jihad war and the treatment of the vanquished non-Muslim dhimmi peoples, in the Wadjiz: [4]

[O]ne must go on jihad (i.e., warlike razzias or raids) at least once a year…one may use a catapult against them [non-Muslims] when they are in a fortress, even if among them are women and children. One may set fire to them and/or drown them…If a person of the Ahl al-Kitab [People of The Book – primarily Jews and Christians] is enslaved, his marriage is [automatically] revoked…One may cut down their trees…One must destroy their useless books. Jihadists may take as booty whatever they decide…they may steal as much food as they need…

[T]he dhimmi is obliged not to mention Allah or His Apostle…Jews, Christians, and Majians must pay the jizya [poll tax on non-Muslims]…on offering up the jizya, the dhimmi must hang his head while the official takes hold of his beard and hits [thedhimmi] on the protruberant bone beneath his ear [i.e., the mandible]… They are not permitted to ostentatiously display their wine or church bells…their houses may not be higher than the Muslim’s, no matter how low that is. The dhimmi may not ride an elegant horse or mule; he may ride a donkey only if the saddle [-work] is of wood. He may not walk on the good part of the road. They [the dhimmis] have to wear [an identifying] patch [on their clothing], even women, and even in the [public] baths…[dhimmis] must hold their tongue….

Legal war (jihad) is an obligatory social duty (fard-kifaya); when one group of Moslems guarantees that it is being carried out in a satisfactory manner, the others are exempted.
The jihad becomes a strictly binding personal duty (fard-‘ain) for all Moslems who are enlisted or whose country has been [invaded] by the enemy. It is obligatory only for free men who have reached puberty, are endowed with reason and capable of fighting. Jihad is the best of the works of supererogation.

Last edited:
I did not pop in to have me inculded in your delusion Im working in anyway to be civil.
I am not the topic.

The topic is treating others with respect, Mr. Fitnah. All of us are the topic. Why're you always so uncomfy when the convo becomes personal to you?

Just curious.

Then treat me with enough respect as to not opine on things that you cannot directly link to concerning my action or opinions.

Typical liberal personality disorder, no facts to draw on, make personal attacks.
Thanks.

O get bent, Mr. Fitnah. You sling your fair share of insults and then some. Let's not pretend I have driven you to the tissue box with my terrible rapier jabs.

But this is supposed to be a thread about the value of peace, so lemme add.....

If I offended, my apologies.

Forum List

Back