Peace in the Middle East

S

sky dancer

How can we help create it? Your ideas....

Mine are get out of Iraq and help broker a Palestinian state.

I recommend reading the book by Madeleine Albright, THE MIGHTY AND THE ALMIGHTY

Here is a link to a site that promotes peace in the Middle East:
http://www.fmep.org/

Last edited by a moderator:

FMEP

Lets see, for years and years the US wasn't in Iraq.
Where was the middle east peace back then?

The war in Iraq hasn't exactly helped Israel and the Palestinians resolve their differences, has it?

The war in Iraq hasn't exactly helped Israel and the Palestinians resolve their differences, has it?
Peace there isn't linked to iraq or anywhere else, it's simply a series of excuses that are used to justify violence.

The simple fact is the arab side will not accept a Jewish state and that is that.

Originally posted by Xenophon
Peace there isn't linked to iraq or anywhere else, it's simply a series of excuses that are used to justify violence.

The simple fact is the arab side will not accept a Jewish state and that is that.

So very true, Xenophon... This is what I've been repeating for years...

The Palestinian national identity was created by the loss of Western Palestine.

The struggle for the land lost to Israel is what differentiates a Palestinian arab from an Iraqi, Syrian, Saudi etc... A Palestinian arab who forfeits their right to live in Western Palestine is not a Palestinian arab anymore. From that moment on he could very well go live in Cairo or Baghdad because he would have renounced to the land whose loss gave birth to his specific national identity.

But I could just as well be lecturing my dog on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict...

People simply don't join Message Boards to learn anything... just to regurgitate the propaganda and slogans they already believe in.

Every now and then they pay attention to something the experts on a given subject say for about 30 seconds or so and that's all...

After that their brain mechanism automatically deletes the expert's contribution to the thread and the regurgitation of propaganda and stereotypes is resumed with full force.

When or if ENOUGH OF the people of Isreal and Palestine get tired of killing each other, then peace is possible.

Until that time they are going to be locked into a deadly struggle.

I'm sick of both sides of this family dispute.

I imagine that a whole lot of Iraelis and Palestinians agree with me on this point, too.

The sting of having their land stolen from them is not one that is going to leave the Palestinians for quite some time, I guess.

And the Isrealis really can't do a damned thing to make it better because they'd have to abandon Isreal completely to satisfy the Palestinians.

This could go on for generations and generations. Hell, it's really going on since 1918, and there doesn't appear to be any end in sight.

So were we in Iraq when Arafat declared the Infatada and REFUSED the offer of Israel helping him BUILD a Pal State? You people can not seem to grasp the obvious. The terror groups want NO peace EXCEPT that of a dead Jew and all the land theirs.

So were we in Iraq when Arafat declared the Infatada and REFUSED the offer of Israel helping him BUILD a Pal State? You people can not seem to grasp the obvious. The terror groups want NO peace EXCEPT that of a dead Jew and all the land theirs.
Sarge, let's pretend that China came and took over North Carolina. The rest of the U.S. went along with it because they didn't want to offend China.

You and your family were kicked out of your homes and off of your land.

The Chinese then claimed 90% of the state as their's and moved you and all former North Carolina citizens to one area which was about 10% of the state.

How long would you fight against the Chinese occupiers?

Would you ever sign a Peace Agreement with the Chinese government saying the land was now theirs to keep?

Would you want revenge for all of your relatives and friends the Chinese troops had killed?

I disagree. And to the poster who said that people don't join message boards to learn anything, I disagree with you too.

I'm interested in learning. I posted what I've been reading. What are other people reading?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarge, let's pretend that China came and took over North Carolina. The rest of the U.S. went along with it because they didn't want to offend China.

The Chinese then claimed 90% of the state as their's and moved you and all former North Carolina citizens to one area which was about 10% of the state.

Would you ever sign a Peace Agreement with the Chinese government saying the land was now theirs to keep?

Would you want revenge for all of your relatives and friends the Chinese troops had killed?

Isnt the same, the Jews kicked no one off any land before they were invaded. In fact they BEGGED the arabs to stay and help them create a nation. Those that DID stay are part of Israel , have all the same protections and rights as any Jew in Israel. In fact they have more, they can chose NOT to serve in the military. Nice try though.

Remind us why you would side with child murderers? With people that kill women and children BY choice and on purpose? That indiscrimanetly fire missiles and rockets and mortars into towns full of civilians? Sounds just like your religion of Peace.

Peace lies with Syria, I think. If Israel and Syria can create peace, that would cut Syria off from Iran, Iran would be isolated. Ahjmendinijad will win the election in 2009 and launch a strike on Syria. Domino effect.

Sunny, everything you post is false. Read some history and report back to the board.

Peace comes through an end of the private property system that pits people against each other on ethnic, religious, and national lines. The proximate causes of war are many, and include imperialist intervention, the interests of petty dictators and their affiliated religious castes, and the national oppression of peoples like the Kurds and Palestinians. Water and oil are also prizes to be fought over.

There are some Arabs who want a two-state solution (that is, a wealthy, prosperous Jewish state beside one or two Palestinian Bantustans). But there are many Arabs who won't accept Israel as a Jewish state--and why should they, any more than Jews in Iran should be forced to live under an Islamic state? If the refugees (who fled, mostly, because their villages were being attacked, as at Deir Yassin) are allowed to return, racial discrimination of all kinds is outlawed, and church and state are separated, THEN it will be POSSIBLE for Jews and Arabs to live together in peace.

I think the problems in the ME are bigger than anything the US can do. If we got out it wouldn't change much. They have a lot of problems to solve that I can't see any solution to except genocide of one or more factions. It's really very sad to think about.

FMEP

perhaps ii f United nations become strong there can be peace.there must b e good leaders to d o thiis.

Forum List

Back