Pcon.js

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm getting this popup when I come to the message board too. I haven't opened it up, I just keep deleting the popup but I haven't found anything on how to get rid of it.

PCON.JS - Norton Community

Anyone else?

That link is just to the Norton community, I went there to try to find anything on it.

Last edited:
I'm getting this popup when I come to the message board too. I haven't opened it up, I just keep deleting the popup but I haven't found anything on how to get rid of it.

Anyone else?

That link is just to the Norton community, I went there to try to find anything on it.

Clear the Browser Cache and Temp Internet Files, that should get rid of it.

And Why did you have to turn off you pop up blocker?

Anyone else?

Remember when I couldn't open my links unless I turned off the popup blocker? That was a few weeks ago.

Anyone else?

Remember when I couldn't open my links unless I turned off the popup blocker? That was a few weeks ago.

I vaguely remember it, which browser are you using?

EI9 We're having storms and my lights just clicked off an on. I did clear the cache and deleted the temp files and now rebooted. It came back up.

EI9 We're having storms and my lights just clicked off an on. I did clear the cache and deleted the temp files and now rebooted. It came back up.

I just did a check on Google, it's a Java worm, a virus. Which anti-virus program(s) do you have?

I just did a check on Google, it's a Java worm, a virus. Which anti-virus program(s) do you have?

Comodo, sorry, lights flickered again. I did a full scan yesterday.

They may not have put in a protection/removal tool yet which is why you got it.
Download and use Stinger, I think it's been upgraded to deal with this one. It shouldn't compete with Comodo.
Download McAfee AVERT Stinger 10.2.0.541 Free - Free stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses - Softpedia

you are using windows. try microsoft security essentials for this particular issue.

you are using windows. try microsoft security essentials for this particular issue.

Thanks Dante. I'll look for it in a bit.

it's free. If you get a blue screen or computer starts shutting down try to remember to go into permissions on a window that keeps opening up .. a program. difficult to explain since I suck at lingo. Lone geniuses are like that. :badgrin::badgrin:

good luck

Just so you know. It's gone now. Comodo probably found and took it out. Thanks.

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=3346240/pcon-js-beware.html

It looks like you have a virus.

Whatever you do, do NOT click the link.

You need (I think) to get it fully removed.

I didn't click it. It just stopped popping up so I'm hoping my antivirus took it out. It was a forced download, no option to say no thanks, I thought they were just trying to get me to see their ad.

Sheesh, I had to get a new card from my bank yesterday because someone was trying to use it. I just don't know what gets into people.

But thanks.

Forum List

Back