PC world on Die Bold machines

• Banned
Diebold Voting Machines Vulnerable to Virus Attack
An analysis of Diebold's source code shows that a hacker with access to a single voting machine could use a virus to affect an election.
Sumner Lemon, IDG News Service
Thursday, August 02, 2007 11:00 PM PDT

Diebold Election Systems Inc. voting machines are not secure enough to guarantee a trustworthy election, and an attacker with access to a single machine could disrupt or change the outcome of an election using viruses, according to a review of Diebold's source code.

"The software contains serious design flaws that have led directly to specific vulnerabilities that attackers could exploit to affect election outcomes," read the University of California at Berkeley report, commissioned by the California Secretary of State as part of a two-month "top-to-bottom" review of electronic voting systems certified for use in California.

The assessment of Diebold's source code revealed an attacker needs only limited access to compromise an election.

http://tinyurl.com/37au7d

I cant remember if I have seen it.

This is a current acessment by PCworld and I thought it may help some people may now trust these facts.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. It's very interesting. Even if you are not prone to buying into conspiracy theories, it will give you pause. The fact that it can be done should disturb us all.

Whether or not it has been done, as some believe, is a topic for another thread.

• Banned
there was a time when exit polls were great indicators of election fraud.

Its funny that they are not since we have had electronic machines to vote on.

there was a time when exit polls were great indicators of election fraud.

Its funny that they are not since we have had electronic machines to vote on.

If the results of an election contradict exit polls than it can be assumed that election fraud may exist. If those results further contradict previous voting patterns for the voting precinct, county or state than it becomes more likely that election fraud exists. If those results show a pattern that doesn't make sense such as one candidate from a political party receives more votes than the Presidential candidate for that party than election fraud probably exists. We should always use common sense when trying to determine whether fraud has taken place. We shouldn't jump to conclusions or rush to judgment. What we should do is decide that our system of elections isn't a good one and take a different route. The best way to prevent voter fraud is to have people vote openly in a public meeting of their neighborhoods and to publish how they voted so that they can check to see if there is any discrepency between how they voted and what they were recorded as voting. Even, if we aren't willing to go the route of making voting open then we should at least allow individual voters to look at their voting history. I know this probably scare civil libertarians who fear people knowing how people vote but I don't see any reason to fear an open, honest and frank discussion followed by a vote of every person. It is the safest way to prevent voter fraud when it is done in the open. You can't steal an election if you count the votes in front of a small group of people. Why do you think there is no question as to no fraud existing in the voting of members of Congress. It's not like you are going to be able to pull a fast one on anyone since everyone knows how everyone else voted.

Well except that the exit polls in 2004 were flawed to begin with. As has been explained, they were taken at the wrong time and prior to heavy voting. But do ramble on with your conspiracy theories, they just prove your both crazy loons.

if bush + co (remember they are all morons) orchestrated stealing two elections....why can't the intellectually superior democrats catch them?

Forum List

Back