PC Run AMOK - I can't Believe This!

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
Now, besides the attempting to sabatoge the war effort, we get this:

Jun 24, 5:56 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Israeli-made bullets bought by the U.S. Army to plug a shortfall should be used for training only, not to fight Muslim guerrillas in Iraq and Afghanistan, U.S. lawmakers told Army generals on Thursday.
Since the Army has other stockpiled ammunition, "by no means, under any circumstances should a round (from Israel) be utilized," said Rep. Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii, the top Democrat on a House of Representatives Armed Services subcommittee with jurisdiction over land forces.

The Army contracted with Israel Military Industries Ltd. in December for $70 million in small-caliber ammunition.

The Israeli firm was one of only two worldwide that could meet U.S. technical specifications and delivery needs, said Brig. Gen. Paul Izzo, the Army's program executive officer for ammunition. The other was East Alton, Illinois-based Winchester Ammunition, which also received a $70 million contract.

Although the Army should not have to worry about "political correctness," Abercrombie was making a valid point about the propaganda pitfalls of using Israeli rounds in the U.S.-declared war on terror, said Rep. Curt Weldon, the Pennsylvania Republican who chairs the subcommittee on tactical air and land forces.

"There's a sensitivity that I think all of us recognize," Weldon told the Army witnesses, including Maj. Gen. Buford Blount, who led the U.S. Third Infantry Division that captured Baghdad in April 2003.

EDIT - I forgot my source :) Full Story

When will this shit stop and we just get on with fightint the war. Ya know a terroist is just as dead with a bullet made in the godd ole USofA as one made anywhere else and that is all we should care about.

Where was the PC sensitivity when the towers were blown up, the Cole, the Embassies? God where does it stop?

It should not stop until every terrorist is wailing and gnashing their teeth at the thought of our reproach.

During GWI we captured TONS of ammunition that was marked "Jordanian Armed Forces" and "Made in the USA". The Iraqis were shooting at us with bullets made in the USA and shipped to Jordan during the build-up to GWI to be used as protection in case the Iraqis attacked Jordan. As we all discovered, the bulk of it ended up in the hands of the Iraqis compliments of the Jordanians.... anyway, my point is this..... a bullet is a bullet. I say stop using Israeli bullets and just use US made bullets, hollow them out to make hollow-points, pack the cavity with pig shit and then shoot all the terrorists you can find!

If guns were open source, this wouldn't be an issue.

Constitutionally, they are supposed to be.

This is a good thing to keep in mind, but ultimately I think we should use the bullets b/c anyone that is going to hate America b/c it supports Israeal already does.

Anyone remember seeing a story about how the U.S. is very short on bullets?

seriously how is anyone going to know whether the bullet used to kill terrorists comes from what country?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
seriously how is anyone going to know whether the bullet used to kill terrorists comes from what country?

Ding ding. Fucking PC bastards trying to stop us again. I swear to god if Kerry wins the election, Im buying alot of guns the next day. Whether its terrorists coming to these shores, or our government needing to be overthrown from too much Big Government at that point, we need to be prepared. I don't even like guns. But damned if im not prepared.

Bottom line is this...Rep. Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii is a facktard! And if his constituants elect him again then that makes them bigger fucktards!

I agree. That is totally ridiculous. No one is going to know the difference between bullets.

Do you really see a soldier caring what bullet to use. "Oh, I don't use those Israli bullets, only American ones."

And do you see a terrorist on the receiving end saying "Man, I hope they only use American bullets to shoot my ass." I think, if the terroists know that we are using Israli bullets, that would probably piss them off more! I say do it! :2guns:

Originally posted by William Joyce
Man. You guys are kinda dumb.

well isnt this a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Here is a question. I thought the lefts arguments were that we were supplying Israel. Doesnt this whole idea contradict that?

Forum List

Back