PC crash and leaving Windows

tenthertoo

...worst of all I'm DULL
Dec 30, 2011
Deep South
Think I'm back.

I've been out for the last few days trying to solve my Windows 7 prob. Veeeery slooow startup. I finally gave up and installed Linuxmint (I like Mint9 best) and now I'm on-line less than 30 seconds after powering up.

bully.jpg

Think I'm back.

I've been out for the last few days trying to solve my Windows 7 prob. Veeeery slooow startup. I finally gave up and installed Linuxmint (I like Mint9 best) and now I'm on-line less than 30 seconds after powering up.
Glad you're back. It helps to keep your antivirus up to date, but it sounds like you found a good solution to speed up your works. :)

People get their Windows machine and think Windows Defender will protect them then wonder why their system is so infected or load Norton or McAfee and wonder why their start up and run times are so slow. Linux Mint is great but there are many applications a lot of use that just don't work (or work as well) in a Linux environment hence we find ways to make our Windows installs work safer and faster. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Forum List

Back