PBS Reminds Us That Jews Are Wonderful People

Both. The grads of Harvard, Yale and Princeton ARE Jews.

But riddle me this:

Why is it that it's "anti-Semitic" for ME to point out Jewish over-representation, but not for a "philo-Semite"?

And why is it that if Jews do dominate something, it's because they're clever and have a 'cultural emphasis on education'?

And why is it that if whites dominate something, NOBODY EVER SAYS IT'S BECAUSE WE'RE SMART! It's always because we're RACISTS!

Missed this response. Jews are not the only ones going to those schools, nor do I think all the Jews you refer to are Ivy League alumni. As for you're bringing them up, I wouldn't call that prejudiced, assuming it was for a reasonable point.

Riddle me this, when are successful WASPS not recognized for their brilliance? Bill Gates? I guess the real question would be, why are Jews and Asians so overrepresented in higher education? It's cultural, what could we whites do differently in raising our children? I know what my mother-in-law was like, I wouldn't be liker her for all the tea in China. (LOL!)

Missed this response. Jews are not the only ones going to those schools, nor do I think all the Jews you refer to are Ivy League alumni. As for you're bringing them up, I wouldn't call that prejudiced, assuming it was for a reasonable point.

Riddle me this, when are successful WASPS not recognized for their brilliance? Bill Gates? I guess the real question would be, why are Jews and Asians so overrepresented in higher education? It's cultural, what could we whites do differently in raising our children? I know what my mother-in-law was like, I wouldn't be liker her for all the tea in China. (LOL!)

HOUSE OF PAIN LYRICS

"Top O' The Morning To Ya"

Ya see, I'm Irish, but I'm not a leprechaun
You wanna fight, then step up and we'll get it on
You gotta right to the grill, I'm white and I ill
A descendant of Dublin with titanic skill
I ducked and I swing, next thing your jaw's broken
Punk I ain't jokin', you can bet you'll be chokin'
On a fist full a nothin', meanwhile I'll be puffin'
On a fat blunt, run punk, you don't know the half
Tryin' to talk shit, man, please don't make me laugh
These Irish eyes are smilin', I'm buckwildin'
The House Of Pain is pumpin', start jumpin'
Freak it, funk it, back seat junk it
If you can't get with it, you'll wind up sweatin' it
Then you'll get a beatin' just like an egg
It's so hard to run when you've got a broken leg
But we can have a run off, the House Of Pain'll come off
We got the cake that you're tryin' to get a crumb off
The Irish style, the Celtic jazz
No one has it, just us that's it
If you try to take it, I got a big shileighly
I don't have dreads cause I shave my head daily
You call me a skin head, I call you a pin head
Yo, where you been man, just like the tin man
You got no heart, here comes the good part
I pick 'em, buck 'em, cut 'em up, and buck them down
No fuckin' around
Home boy ya get clown like Krusty, trust me
You shouldn't play, and by the way
Top o' the mornin' to ya
Greetings, salutations
Peace to the nations of Zulu and Islam
Crack the bottle, rev the throttle
Put the gear in, now you're stearin'
Like Mario Antretti
So let me kick it, cause I can make a wicked
Noise like a cricket
Rubbin' his legs, my rhymes are like eggs
I'll keep layin' 'em, I'll keep sayin' 'em
This is the House Of Pain, we're far from plain
But we're not fancy, Ron and Nancy
So just say no, but I say go
Straight to hell, I kiss and tell
So if you're a ho, all my friends know
What you gotta say, let's hit the hay
And have no delay, and yo, by the way
Top o' the mornin' to ya

You hope that a member of an explicitly racist and violent Jewish organization, the JDL, was my neighbor, but you "can't even begin to imagine hating" the way I do?

You just did!

That isn't hate, haw haw. That's turn about being fair play. I figured someone of that nature would love to hear your opinions on his people. Thought one good turn deserved another.

But hate? I hate what you represent. Your paranoia and insanity and self-pity are dangerous. Luckily, you haven't the chutzpah to say the things you do in real life to someone who would drop you like a latke.

Give me one example of a white person's accomplishments being unjustly touted as racism.

It's not a single person (usually), it's that ol' bugaboo, "the system." The accomplishments of the white race in general, i.e., our nations, our economic systems, our inventions, our production and wealth, our better jobs and higher status --

All of these are described by the system as 'unearned'. They were created 'on the backs of people of color,' through slavery and colonialism, through oppression of minorities. A white man who has a higher standard of living does not deserve it, because he's only there because of the system of oppression that keeps blacks, etc. down.

In other words, we did nothing good or right to get where we are. We used violence and evil and murder.

That is what I am talking about.

But you will never hear the same said about any other group. That is the truth. Only whites are singled out for this.

No, you do not hear people say that Bill Gates is only rich because he's white. True. But he's far too exceptional. Whites in general do come under attack this way. And the problem is that this is what supports affirmative action, open borders, the whole notion that whites need to step aside, make room, give up positions of power so that 'the other' can 'have a turn.' As if the world were based on the principle of playtime sharing. It's not. When blacks demand 'a turn' in the name of 'fairness', they are practicing the same brand of ethnic aggression that whites display when they enslave blacks.

By the way, to bring it back to the thread title, why hasn't PBS done a show, "The Anglo-Saxon Americans" focusing on white stories, white suffering, white accomplishments? If we're all equal, you know...

By the way, to bring it back to the thread title, why hasn't PBS done a show, "The Anglo-Saxon Americans" focusing on white stories, white suffering, white accomplishments? If we're all equal, you know...

well actualy this is a pretty good one

Title: The Irish in America: Long Journey Home [PBS]

Run Time: 345 minutes
Release Date: 1998

Director: Thomas (II) Lennon
Mark Zwonitzer

Genre: Documentary
History, U.S.
Emigration and Immigration

Origin: USA

Format:
Link to holdings and catalogue record. VHS

Description: Documentary. Irish-Americans. Irish Immigration to America. Irish Migration, 19th Century. The Irish Famine, 1840s. Series Notes: Series Producer, Thomas Lennon. Original music by Paddy Moloney and Brian Keane. Narrated by Michael Murphy. · Volume I. The Great Hunger. 85 minutes. Directed by Thomas Lennon. "The first Irish settled in America soon after the founding of Jamestown in 1607, and their cultural, artistic and military contributions began to shape their new country. But in the old country, Irish peasants, remained among the poorest people in the Christian wold. "The potato people," as they were called, would experience a deadly irony. From America, ships carried a fungus to their shores that would lay waste to the Irish countryside and trigger one of the greatest migrations in human history. And so the long journey begins. . . Enhanced by tender personal remembrances, rare archival images and rousing music of some of today's most popular singers, this powerful and inspiring epic touches the life of every American!" Among those interviewed: Thomas Faddie MacDiarmada [storyteller], Farrell O Gara [storyteller], Margaret MacCurtain [historian], Thomas Fleming [writer], Patrick Campbell [writer], Robert Scally [historian], Thomas Gleity [storyteller], James Monahan [storyteller], Lawrence McCaffrey [historian], John Gregory Dunne [writer], Peter Gray [historian], Lord Jeremy Altamont, Peter Quinn [writer], Felicity MacDermot, Donald Jordan [historian]. Notes: Written by Thomas N. Brown and Thomas Lennon. · Volume 2. All Across America. 115 minutes. Directed by Mark Zwonitzer. "At the star, the Irish who survived the Famine found poverty and disease in America, religious bigotry and a political movement that meant to run them out of the country. But the Irish stuck together; they build their own churches and their own communities. And by the last quarter of the 19th century, as the Irish spread out across the country, Irish-American heroes had begun to emerge. Prospector John Mackay discovered the Big Bonanza, a strike of silver and gold, that mad successful Anaconda Copper Mine to Irish immigrant workers. And John L. Sullivan, a street kid from Boston with a talent for bare knuckle fighting and two-fisted drinking, made himself a legend when he faced challenger Jake Kilrain in an amazing 75-round bout!" Among those interviewed: Father Earl Niehaus [historian], Bill Murphy, Mary Lou Widmer, Lawrence McCaffrey [historian], Peter Quinn [writer], Frank McCourt [writer], Mary Daly, Gerry Burke [Coyle's Café], Maureen Fitzgerald [historian], Joseph J. Wayne, Patrick Campbell, Thomas Fleming, Hugh McClafferty, Kevin Kenny [historian], Ron James [historian], David Emmons [historian], Michael Malone [historian], Father Sarsfield O'Sullivan, John 'Yank' Harrington. Notes: Produced and written by Mark Zwonitzer. Edited by Bruce Shaw. Photography by Michael Chin. · Volume III. Up From City Streets. 85 minutes. Directed by Thomas Lennon. "This is the story of a golden age for the Irish in America, when Irish immigrants rose to run its great cities-to rule them-from the sewers to the skyline. They left their mark everywhere: in theater, sports, music, crime labor, Wall Street, and Hollywood. One Irish boy, Al Smith, started his career in Manhattan's Lower Est Side and end it in a bid for the American Presidency. Was America ready for a Catholic kid from the city streets make a home for himself in the White House?" Among those interviewed: Robert Caro [historian], Annelise Orleck [historian], Patricia Sullivan, Peter Quinn, Walter J. Smith jr. [Al Smith's Grandson], Thomas Fleming, Michael McCormack [Ancient Order of Hibernians], Geraldine Maschio [historian], Elizabeth Israels Perry [historian], Oliver Treyz, Abigail McCarthy. Notes: Supervising Editor, Ken Eluto with Deborah Peretz. Written by Richard Ben Cramer. Produced by Maria Patrick and Thomas Lennon. Featuring music by The Chieftains and Elvis Costello. Photography by Andracke, Chin and Squires. · Volume IV. Success. 60 minutes. "This volume chronicles the history of two very different Irish-American families who both reechoed international celebrity in the 1930s. The Kennedys were always considers America's royalty, especially when patriarch Joseph P. Kennedy Sr., a self-made millionaire, was appointed Ambassador to England. By the time John f. Kennedy became the first Irish-Catholic President of the United States, the days of the potato famine and the stigma of being Irish were long gone. But the senior Kennedy insisted that he and his family be remembered not as Americans of Irish descent, but as American. On the other hand, Eugene O'Neill, one of the world's greatest playwrights, was fiercely Irish and kept his family roots exposed in most of is classic plays. If the Kennedys basked in the glow of their assimilation as Americans, O'Neill eschewed it, preferring to relive his family's bitter struggle to remain Irish in America. In both cases they succeeded." Among those interviewed: Margo Lockwood [writer], Will McDonough [sportswriter], Thomas Fleming [writer], Gerry Burke [Doyle's Café], Robert Healy [the Boston Globe], David Nyhan [journalist], Richard Whalen [biographer], Barbara Gelb [O'Neill biographer], Robert Bursting [American Repertory Theater], William Kennedy [novelist], Mark Dalton [Kennedy campaign manager], John Aloysius Farrell [writer], Peggy Noonan [writer]. Notes: Produced by Oren Jacoby. Written by Thomas N. Brown and Oren Jacoby. Edited by Ken Eluto. Readings of Long Day's Journey Into Night by Jason Robards and Claire Bloom. Photography by Gregory Andracke, Michel Chin, Jon Else and Buddy Squires

I watched Ben Kingsley's Moses this weekend.

It was on TBN rather than PBS. I think Peter Jackson should direct the next version.

White people suck, william joyce. It's fashionable to be racist as long as your scapegoat race is white people. Despite the historic pattern of white people coming to the rescue of other ethnicities and the US moving to a policy of greater equality, willingly pursued by white people no less, your skin color says that you suck. It would be racism if it targeted any other shade of skin pigment but, because you are white, it's not racist.

It's not a single person (usually), it's that ol' bugaboo, "the system." The accomplishments of the white race in general, i.e., our nations, our economic systems, our inventions, our production and wealth, our better jobs and higher status --

All of these are described by the system as 'unearned'. They were created 'on the backs of people of color,' through slavery and colonialism, through oppression of minorities. A white man who has a higher standard of living does not deserve it, because he's only there because of the system of oppression that keeps blacks, etc. down.

In other words, we did nothing good or right to get where we are. We used violence and evil and murder.

That is what I am talking about.

But you will never hear the same said about any other group. That is the truth. Only whites are singled out for this.

No, you do not hear people say that Bill Gates is only rich because he's white. True. But he's far too exceptional. Whites in general do come under attack this way. And the problem is that this is what supports affirmative action, open borders, the whole notion that whites need to step aside, make room, give up positions of power so that 'the other' can 'have a turn.' As if the world were based on the principle of playtime sharing. It's not. When blacks demand 'a turn' in the name of 'fairness', they are practicing the same brand of ethnic aggression that whites display when they enslave blacks.

Please explain to me why it is that the only ones telling everyone about how oppressed the white man is, are the ones that live a life solely devoted to hating other races? I haven't heard a normal person saying what you're saying. I've never read that in a book by a normal author. Why is it that the bigots are the only ones enlightened?

WJ, you're simply full of shit. You act like whites are being kicked out of office in favor of blacks yet you cannot cite a single case of this. If it's so rampant in this country, then find a fucking example to prove you're not totally crazy in the head.

I'm sure you've never thought of this, so I'll throw it out there. 40 years ago whites were the only ones going to the top schools, getting the top jobs, and making the top money. Now that minorities are in the schools, they are able to get the top jobs, and make the top money. Since you saw a bunch of white guys in power turn into a bunch of different kind of people, you assume that the white man is being picked on and it's unfair. Well, get over it!! Races aren't different. Jews aren't smarter. Blacks aren't stronger. Asians aren't better at math. They all simple have cultures that favor doing those things. Did it ever occur to you that Asians dominate our medical schools because their parents put much more emphasis on education than black parents? Probably not.

And if you think there's more racism towards whites, then name 10 white stereotypes that are used to apply to all white people.

It's not a single person (usually), it's that ol' bugaboo, "the system." The accomplishments of the white race in general, i.e., our nations, our economic systems, our inventions, our production and wealth, our better jobs and higher status –

What system are you talking about? Can you be concrete and specific?

Do you have a link to a website of journalistic quality that says such things? I think that it is true that, to a certain degree particularly in its early years, America’s success came from fertile land practically taken from the “American Indians” and worked by slaves among others. That is not to say that WASP’s did not contribute directly to the greatness of America.

Where is this written? Even if what you say is true – how does it affect you? I learned long ago to think and speak for myself. I don’t speak for the White race and the White race does not speak for me. I don’t take sides (join groups) and only look for the bad in others and the good in my group. Don’t play the victim card. If people would just focus on their own problems instead of pointing the busy-body finger at everyone else and every other group, the world would be such a nicer place.

Forum List

Back