Pbs.."god in america" .....

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
The PBS special on the ways belief in God affected our countries early years was fascinating and informative.

The Scopes Monkey Trial... The break up of the Baptist Protestant Church which was the precursor to the States seceeding over slavery.

How both sides were sure God was on their side.. It was just as much a war over religion as slavery.. A great piece of television journalism..

Anybody else see it?

Lotsa "looky Loo's"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I the onliest one that actually tries to stay informed on the effects of religion on our history?

Nobody else saw this outstanding documentary?

The PBS special on the ways belief in God affected our countries early years was fascinating and informative.

The Scopes Monkey Trial... The break up of the Baptist Protestant Church which was the precursor to the States seceeding over slavery.How both sides were sure God was on their side.. It was just as much a war over religion as slavery.. A great piece of television journalism..

Anybody else see it?

You like history? You do know that the states that seceded was not doing it over slavery right? The 'slavery' excuse came AFTER the war started to get more people to fight for the North. Slavery did play a part in the war but it was not the basis of the states seceding in the first place. The states seceding was because they didn't want big government, not because of slavery.

It was great, Huggy. You can lift the anti-Catholic rhetoric of the 18th century word for word into a modern day Muslim bashing speech.

That's a series that should be watched and discussed by all Americans.

The Scopes Monkey Trial... The break up of the Baptist Protestant Church which was the precursor to the States seceeding over slavery.How both sides were sure God was on their side.. It was just as much a war over religion as slavery.. A great piece of television journalism..

Anybody else see it?

You like history? You do know that the states that seceded was not doing it over slavery right? The 'slavery' excuse came AFTER the war started to get more people to fight for the North. Slavery did play a part in the war but it was not the basis of the states seceding in the first place. The states seceding was because they didn't want big government, not because of slavery.

This thread is about the influences of "God" in America. I encourage you to view the link.

The Civil War is not really what this thread is about. Thank you for your interest. Please

enjoy the PBS special report. It adds to the understanding of religion in America.

Anybody else see it?

This thread is about the influences of "God" in America. I encourage you to view the link.

The Civil War is not really what this thread is about. Thank you for your interest. Please

enjoy the PBS special report. It adds to the understanding of religion in America.

I know it is not about the Civil War, I was just pointing out something that is mainstream about the war but is not true. I don't mean to take the thread off topic, sorry.

Thanks HUGGY! VERY informative docu-drama. The only drawback is the ease with which the closed minded will write this history off as left-wing gobbledy gook.

Forum List

Back