PBS alters transcript to hide Obama gaffe

blithering idiocy is rife.....

time for football.
I hope they find a cure for your condition.

I don't think football can remedy it.

i'll bet dollars to donuts we can find Trajan posts defending Palin's erroneous account of Paul Revere's ride - an account that was far more incorrect than labeling Lincoln as a founder of the Republican party.

For those who missed my post earlier:

* I am a Lincoln/Kemp Republican. It’s 150 years ago in Chicago this year that Abraham Lincoln, the founder of the Republican Party, accepted the Republican nomination for President of the United States. — Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN)

* Immigration was a core belief of a founder of the Republican party, Abraham Lincoln. — Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani (R)

* Though Lincoln was the founder of the Republican Party, to liberals and advocates of civil rights Lincoln was in that pantheon along with FDR as one of the heroes of liberalism and American democracy. — James Pierson on National Review

* George W. Bush is not a Goldwater Republican — he’s a Lincoln Republican. Like the founder of the Republican party, Bush doesn’t mind spending money on his priorities, and he doesn’t mind doing some of this spending with borrowed money. — Jerry Bowyer, National Review

*Abe Lincoln was the founder of the Republican party - Suns of Liberty Tea Party group

* It is a pleasure for me to address you upon the day when this club and our countrymen of all faiths throughout the land are paying tribute to the memory of Abraham Lincoln. We tonight also pay tribute to him as founder of the Republican Party and the inspirer of its ideals. — President Herbert Hoover (R)

* It was — it was, in fact, the founder of our party, Abraham Lincoln, who reminded us that a government that can do everything for us is the government that can take everything from us. — Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR) 2008 RNC Speech

* I do so humbly -- in the presence of the monuments of America's great presidents -- especially Abraham Lincoln -- the founder of the Republican Party -- whose deep commitment to equality and opportunity I share. Arlen Specter (R)

* Remember the words of the legendary founder of the Republican Party, Abraham Lincoln, who admonished that "we get the government that we deserve". -Columbiana County (Ohio) Republican Party

* "Lincoln being a former Whig and then becoming a Republican and then the first Republican president ever elected, we look at him as the founder of the Republican Party," he said. -Harris County (Texas) GOP Chairman Jared Woodfill

* "Abraham Lincoln, the founder of our Republican Party..." -Lamar Smith (R-Texas)

* In a very important sense Mr. Lincoln may be regarded as the founder of the Republican Party." XLIII MR. LINCOLN AS AN HISTORICAL PERSONAGE.
A SPEECH DELIVERED BEFORE THE LA SALLE CLUB, CHICAGO, FEBRUARY 12, 1889

* "Abraham Lincoln, who was the founder of the Republican Party..."Abraham Lincoln and Constitutional Government, Volumes 1-2 By Bartow Adolphus Ulrich, 1916

* Thomas Jefferson was the founder of the Democratic party and Lincoln, looked back to as the founder of the Republican party, and yet the founder of the Republican party declared he had no political principle that he did not get from the founder of the Democratic party." -Proceedings of the Constitutional Convention of the state of Illinois convened January 6, 1920, Volume 1

* Lincoln, the real founder of the Republican Party. - Robert A. Taft

* He had served in the 1840s in the Congress as a Whig, and he was a co-founder of the new Republican Party, "Source: Abraham Lincoln: Great American Historians on Our Sixteenth President" Quote by one of the country's foremost scholars on Abraham Lincoln, Harold Holzer.

* "As much as any man in the country, he was a founder of the Republican party. ..." Don E. Fehrenbacher, a Pulitzer Prize-winning authority on Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, a documentary portrait through his speeches and writings, 1964

And how many of those "quotes" got altered by PBS?

By the way, there is a "sense" in which (as Taft suggested) it might even be fair to say that Lincoln was the "true founder" of the Republican Party.

Hey ... I'm still biting the bullet on Bachmann's Elvis Death/Birthday screw up.

If the liberal Lame Stream Media makes a habit of covering up the gaffes of liberal Democratics, but we've read SOOOO many completely buffoonish things said by Vice President Biden, then just imagine how many more massively stupid things he must be saying on a daily and even hourly basis.

If the liberal Lame Stream Media makes a habit of covering up the gaffes of liberal Democratics, but we've read SOOOO many completely buffoonish things said by Vice President Biden, then just imagine how many more massively stupid things he must be saying on a daily and even hourly basis.

clearly the concepts of 'as prepared' and 'as presented' are beyond your grasp.

who's surprised?

who's surprised?

They posted the transcript. But only AFTER they got called on their 1984 style efforts did they manage to note that the earlier version was "as prepared."

Clearly you are an apologist of the lowest order.

To nobody's surprise.

who's surprised?

They posted the transcript. But only AFTER they got called on their 1984 style efforts did they manage to note that the earlier version was "as prepared."

To nobody's surprise.

and you have proof to back up your assertion i'm sure.

who's surprised?

To nobody's surprise.

You mean the fact that THEY THEMSELVES said that they changed the transcript to now reflect that it was the "as prepared" version they had pawned off earlier?

You are a moron. You fool nobody.

To nobody's surprise.

You mean the fact that THEY THEMSELVES said that they changed the transcript to now reflect that it was the "as prepared" version they had pawned off earlier?

yes, the updated the prepared transcript to the presented transcript.

and your belief that it was ever presented as somthing it wasn't is supported by... what, exactly?

blithering idiocy is rife.....

time for football.

i'll bet dollars to donuts we can find Trajan posts defending Palin's erroneous account of Paul Revere's ride - an account that was far more incorrect than labeling Lincoln as a founder of the Republican party.

and if you; a) had any sense, b) any balls, you would have done the research first, it took me about a minute to do so for you.....here is the sum total of what I had to say on that below. Unlike some, I try to be consistent....dumb shit, so stop projecting.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3719520-post110.html

Last edited:

and if you; a) had any sense, b) any balls, you would have done the research first, it took me about a minute to do so for you.....here is the sum total of what I had to say on that below. Unlike some, I try to be consistent....dumb shit, so stop projecting.

i'm sure you realize that wasn't your only post on the subject, and that had i made that bet with anyone i'd be munching on some krispy kremes right now.

yes, the updated the prepared transcript to the presented transcript.

and your belief that it was ever presented as somthing it wasn't is supported by... what, exactly?

My belief is that they failed to provide the stupid shit that was actually said by relying instead on the "prepared" text. When the difference between the prepared text and the stupid shit that he actually said got publicly NOTED, PBS had to acknowledge that what they had offered was not a transcript of what the President SAID.

Do try to keep up, moron.

i'm sure you realize that wasn't your only post on the subject, and that had i made that bet with anyone i'd be munching on some krispy kremes right now.

This site's simple search function beyond your ability to grasp?

If you're so sure, go prove it.

Otherwise, stfu cuz you look like a sniveling whiner.

i was trying to be nice, was going to let him walk it back.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/170346-will-the-obama-fluffer-brigade-apologize-to-palin-2.html#post3725386

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/170346-will-the-obama-fluffer-brigade-apologize-to-palin.html#post3727626

After going to the website you provided and watched the supposed proof Fox News manipulated Hoffa's incendiary remarks I can say that you simply read and believe. In the video Fox News said two times of Hoffa's remark, "We'll remember in November who's with the working people, and then his language got a lot stronger he said of the Tea Party and Republicans 'let's take these son of a bitches out" which I believe captures the context in which he said it. In any context, though, something like take these son of a bitches out is inappropriate at a presidential event.

Your link shows why you are so misinformed, don't just read and believe.

Fox is as bad as PBS according to you.

Fox News Lies About CAP’s Islamophobia Report By Making Up False Anti-Semitic Quote | ThinkProgress

Fox News Boycott | lies

I don't know what source Fox was using in that report, but if it was incorrect, I'm reasonably certain they didn't 'make it up.' I would have to see a lot more credible source than the rabidly anti-Fox Soros funded ThinkProgress to believe that they did. I have caught that site in a number of flagrant distortions and flat out mistruths and heavily engaged in the politics of personal destruction.

As for that Hoffa line, the Youttube clip gives the full context. To me it was vintage Hoffa and not worthy of making a big deal out of except that such heated rhetoric is contrary to President Obama's call to civility. So if Sarah Palin deserved Presidential criticism for some innocuous crosshairs on a website on which no suggestion of violence existed, I would think Hoffa can be criticized for inflammatory speech, however it was intended. Sauce for the goose and all that. And yes, I know that Fox did broadcast the full clip more than once.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65xilSDyso&feature=related]James Hoffa 'Let's Take These Son of a Bitches Out Video' RightFace.us - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/170346-will-the-obama-fluffer-brigade-apologize-to-palin-2.html#post3725386

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/170346-will-the-obama-fluffer-brigade-apologize-to-palin.html#post3727626

very good, and what does my commentary say, exactly?

and, man that must have smarted your ass back then....:lol:.I don't need you to be nice, I need you to read and render my comments here in this thread and that one without bias. Now;

what is the point I was making?

Last edited:

very good, and what does my commentary say, exactly.

what is the point I was making?

i believe the point that you were making was that a lucked upon half truism meant that palin was correct and owed an apology - which would put you in the category of comment defenders.

or did i miss something?
I don't particularly like palin threads, they are 9-out of 10 just more slobbering noise, and we've heard it all already etc etc.

Nor ams I a Palinite, but, I do get tired of seeing anyone get run over so many times for such menial dreck, I had to finally say, well, something......

in any event, I await the apologies or, simple acknowledgment that your knee joint needs some ben-gay, which in fairness she is due..

Flopper, you first...;)

Last edited:

i believe the point that you were making was that a lucked upon half truism meant that palin was correct and owed an apology - which would put you in the category of comment defenders.

or did i miss something?
I don't particularly like palin threads, they are 9-out of 10 just more slobbering noise, and we've heard it all already etc etc.

Nor ams I a Palinite, but, I do get tired of seeing anyone get run over so many times for such menial dreck, I had to finally say, well, something......

in any event, I await the apologies or, simple acknowledgment that your knee joint needs some ben-gay, which in fairness she is due..

Flopper, you first...;)

naaaah, not quite, first-this has zip to do with that, YOU conflated this and that as to me saying a) Lincoln is not the or "Founder" singular of the rep party and b) this means if I defended ( not quite true btw but more on that later) the palin BS this somehow makes me wrong here or hypocritical. good luck on making a convincing argument.Because you don't even UNDERSTAND my argument.... don't put me in a box you construct and stick pins dude.

unless you want to play the Fox game of context and half truths :lol:and ignore everything I have said there and here then you will find I don't really give shit if he said it, I care that the media will take say Huckabee to task for same and beat the shit out of Palin for even creeping around the truth, but won't say shit here. I must have made that point here 3 or 4 times.....because you can do some more research right here in this thread and go back to my first 3 post and see exactly, read exactly what I said and what my bitch is.

do you have a rebuttal for that?

Last edited:
Barack Obama has gone to Congress asking for more money to spend. The President, in a rambling and tedious exercise mixing blame with demands, made quite a few dubious statements in laying out the case for Congress to vote for the plan which as yet does not exist. Much like Obamacare, Congress must ultimately vote for the bill to know what is in it.

At one point Mr. Obama made a major gaffe; he identified Abraham Lincoln as the founder of the Republican Party...Such a gaffe would have brought huge amounts of ridicule and derision on George W. Bush, but in the case of Obama the media yawned.

Actually, they did more than yawn; government-funded PBS has altered the transcript of the President's speech, removing the offending comment.

The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/us/politics/09text-obama-jobs-speech.html?pagewanted=6&_r=1) transcript has the following quote:

"We all remember Abraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union. Founder of the Republican Party. But in the middle of a civil war, he was also a leader who looked to the future -- a Republican President who mobilized government to build the Transcontinental Railroad -- (applause) -- launch the National Academy of Sciences, set up the first land grant colleges. (Applause.) And leaders of both parties have followed the example he set."

But how does it appear in the PBS transcript (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business/july-dec11/obamaspeech_09-08.html)?

"We all remember Abraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union. But in the middle of a Civil War, he was also a leader who looked to the future - a Republican president who mobilized government to build the transcontinental railroad; launch the National Academy of Sciences; and set up the first land grant colleges. And leaders of both parties have followed the example he set."

So PBS has purposely altered a transcript containing a major gaffe by the President.

Blog: PBS alters transcript to hide Obama gaffe

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ODS doesn't get much more pathetic than this.

If President Obama is to be faulted for anything over this it should be his foolishness in thinking that referencing the name of Abraham Lincoln and HIS Republican party would in any way resonate with the gang of mutants who currently carry that banner.

Forum List

Back