PBO talks Red Pill Vs. Blue Pill

soosie

Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
I've stayed away from the health care debate here for the most part. I wanted to here Obama answers some simple questions first. Last night I got the chance to do that on ABC World News and later on Nightline. I call Bullshit! Many of you have made cases for Obama plan without knowing what his actual intention were. Mark my word this going to be a cluster fuck.

JOHNSON: I'd like to begin with a topic you talk a lot about, waste in the present system. Everybody agrees there is waste that is a bi-partisan agreement. The debate as you know starts when you talk about who is going to identify and remove the waste. In other words, there are experts who will label something as waste and other doctors or patients might say is important or even essential. So who exactly or what process exactly is going to do that very difficult job?

OBAMA: Well, I think it's a great question, and I think the important thing is to underscore that there is consensus that we spend too much on care that does not improve people's health. And if we start with that, then that means we've got to make some changes.

What I've proposed is that we have a panel of medical experts that are making determinations about what protocols are appropriate for what diseases. There's going to be some disagreement, but if there's broad agreement that, in this situation the blue pill works better than the red pill, and it turns out the blue pills are half as expensive as the red pill, then we want to make sure that doctors and patients have that information available to them.

See full interview:Transcript: ABC News' Dr. Tim Johnson Interviews President Obama - ABC News

The fee-based government sponsored insurance model is, I think, bound to fail.

Maine is trying that right now and it isn't working.

Forum List

Back