Payroll Tax Cut: How To Pay For It?

Congress always seems to be intent on "paying for a tax cut".....:cuckoo:

We're not hearing much about it.....but it appears that one way to "pay for" the payroll tax cut will be to increase the cost of mortgages....more sneaky fees....

Payroll Tax Cut: How To Pay For It? - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

First, I think that the payroll tax cut is a bad idea. I understand the desire to get more money into the hands of people that will circulate it in the economy. However, a tax cut that means less money in the SS funds is hardly a wise move.

In fact, what we need to do, is immediatly restore the tax structure we had under Clinton. Then add another 5% for those making over 1 million a year. Cap the FICA taxes at $500,000, and make is on all income.

Then start to rebuild our grid, to make it both a truly national grid, and to make it less vulneable to natural and manmade disasters. Pay for it the same way we have paid for the Interstate Highway System.

Water systems in this nation are not only in major jeopardy for many our our metropolitan areas, but many of the existings systems lose nearly as much water as they deliver. Water is one of the key three things needed for survival, we are already seeing the some cities reusing sewage water. Time to go to work on that, also.

Kill the F-35 weopons systems, only spend as much on defense as the next 7 nations combined, and the infrastructure improvement become doable.

we've had the payroll tax "holiday" for a year now and it has not helped the economy in any significant way....another leftie failure to fix....

when is the left going to agree to a pro-growth tax structure to bring jobs back..? taxing the rich isn't going to cut it...

agree with you about the water systems and our grids.....disasters in the making....

yes....social security is for the elderly and helps the poor and infirm....so how does Obama's plan to stop paying for SS (i.e. unfunding it by getting rid of the payroll tax) help the elderly, the poor and the infirm.....?

fyi we are flat broke....

Don't forget obama cut medicare too......the first president to ever do so is President Obama (D) and he did so with obamacare.....makes me laugh at the meme "republicans hate the elderly".
No. Obama did not cut Medicare. The cuts don’t come from the current Medicare budget, they put a leash on future growth and payment increases.

PolitiFact | Romney says only Obama has cut Medicare

and this is going to help pay for the upcoming boomers Medicare how....?

BO just stole from Peter to pay Paul.....Paul is Obamacare....

yes....social security is for the elderly and helps the poor and infirm....so how does Obama's plan to stop paying for SS (i.e. unfunding it by getting rid of the payroll tax) help the elderly, the poor and the infirm.....?

Don't forget obama cut medicare too......the first president to ever do so is President Obama (D) and he did so with obamacare.....makes me laugh at the meme "republicans hate the elderly".
No. Obama did not cut Medicare. The cuts don’t come from the current Medicare budget, they put a leash on future growth and payment increases.

Actually Obamacare, pushed by the democrats and obama himself, cuts half a trillion from medicare over the next 9 years (the study will say ten years but a year has passed already ;)) http://www.cms.gov/ActuarialStudies/Downloads/2010TRAlternativeScenario.pdf

How about NOT IMPLEMENTING IT?

Fuck it... I'm a Middle Class/upper Middle Class guy and I'd rather not have the cut. I don't mind paying my own way for SS/Medicare.

LMAO!! And I thought I had run into stupidity before. Social security is so the elderly, poor and infirm won't have to go to a county poor farm to die and end up in an unmarked grave. How do you feel about the 50,000,000 in this country who have no health insurance.

I have a suggestion for you.....next time some Republican bastard starts an unnecessary war how bout you go and help fight the goddam thing.

Ummm... what in the FUCK are you talking about? I know exactly what SS and medicare is for... I support it fully.... You might want to look at my posts and realize who in the hell you're lashing out at.

You want to talk about stupidity... re-read the damned post. I said By not implementing the payroll tax cut....not by not implementing SS and Medicare. Reading Comprehension is a good thing, ya know?

and this is going to help pay for the upcoming boomers Medicare how....?

BO just stole from Peter to pay Paul.....Paul is Obamacare....
This cuts Social Security payroll taxes, not Medicare.

Actually Obamacare, pushed by the democrats and obama himself, cuts half a trillion from medicare over the next 9 years (the study will say ten years but a year has passed already ;)) http://www.cms.gov/ActuarialStudies/Downloads/2010TRAlternativeScenario.pdf
There is s little more to it than that. As it says in the report in your link, Medicare Spending reductions have been scheduled every year since 2002. Congress has overridden these cuts every year except 2002 and are likely to do so in the future.

How about NOT IMPLEMENTING IT?

Fuck it... I'm a Middle Class/upper Middle Class guy and I'd rather not have the cut. I don't mind paying my own way for SS/Medicare.

LMAO!! And I thought I had run into stupidity before. Social security is so the elderly, poor and infirm won't have to go to a county poor farm to die and end up in an unmarked grave. How do you feel about the 50,000,000 in this country who have no health insurance.

I have a suggestion for you.....next time some Republican bastard starts an unnecessary war how bout you go and help fight the goddam thing.

The reason we're broke is that Reagan and Bush's daddy quadrupled the national debt because they cut tax rates for the richest people in the country. Then Bill Clinton raised taxes and balanced the annual budget, generated surpluses and had the entire debt on track to be paid by 2012. Then George W. Bush took over, cut taxes twice, 2001 and 2003 using reconciliation to block Democratic opporsition and doubled the debt again.

Right now taxes for the wealthy and corporations are the lowest they've been in more than 40 years and the goddam greedy Republicans have pledged to not raise taxes a bit. This government used to pay it's way but now the Republicans have a theme.....do away with the niqqer.

Forum List

Back