Payroll Tax Cut: How To Pay For It?

How about NOT IMPLEMENTING IT?

Fuck it... I'm a Middle Class/upper Middle Class guy and I'd rather not have the cut. I don't mind paying my own way for SS/Medicare.

Fuck it... I'm a Middle Class/upper Middle Class guy and I'd rather not have the cut. I don't mind paying my own way for SS/Medicare.

Simple they just won't get as much at retirement,after all its their money.

LMAO!! And I thought I had run into stupidity before. Social security is so the elderly, poor and infirm won't have to go to a county poor farm to die and end up in an unmarked grave. How do you feel about the 50,000,000 in this country who have no health insurance.

I have a suggestion for you.....next time some Republican bastard starts an unnecessary war how bout you go and help fight the goddam thing.

Last edited:

LMAO!! And I thought I had run into stupidity before. Social security is so the elderly, poor and infirm won't have to go to a county poor farm to die and end up in an unmarked grave. How do you feel about the 50,000,000 in this country who have no health insurance.

I have a suggestion for you.....next time some Republican bastard starts an unnecessary war how bout you go and help fight the goddam thing.

yes....social security is for the elderly and helps the poor and infirm....so how does Obama's plan to stop paying for SS (i.e. unfunding it by getting rid of the payroll tax) help the elderly, the poor and the infirm.....?

fyi we are flat broke....

You mean the ones the Dems have signed up for also,for it before they were against it?

Cutting the payroll taxes should just limit they funds one collects later,its all based on what you have payed in. Should be your choce anyways more now less then its still your money.

I don't see our Congress taking pay cuts, or cutting their perks or staff!
Yet they are always wanting to cut from the poor, the children and the elderly.

yes....social security is for the elderly and helps the poor and infirm....so how does Obama's plan to stop paying for SS (i.e. unfunding it by getting rid of the payroll tax) help the elderly, the poor and the infirm.....?

Don't forget obama cut medicare too......the first president to ever do so is President Obama (D) and he did so with obamacare.....makes me laugh at the meme "republicans hate the elderly".

Congress always seems to be intent on "paying for a tax cut".....:cuckoo:

We're not hearing much about it.....but it appears that one way to "pay for" the payroll tax cut will be to increase the cost of mortgages....more sneaky fees....

Payroll Tax Cut: How To Pay For It? - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

all they are doing is stealing from the social security fund and the medicare fund and they're calling it a tax cut. that's what sneaky democrats dew.

Why push for a thing that only puts a couple of bucks in the pockets of people while Social Security is almost broke? The whole thing doesn't make sense except as a political tactic.

Why push for a thing that only puts a couple of bucks in the pockets of people while Social Security is almost broke? The whole thing doesn't make sense except as a political tactic.

Bingo!!!

Ask the self employed if the self employment tax went down,what?? it didn'??t A group that most likely leans away from Obamma,soooo

Yep, it's truly--sadly--amazing to watch elected officials, sucking up public resources, squabbling about how much they're going to let us little folk keep. Are we a bunch of douches or what? We pay these scumbags to dick us around. We elect these guys knowing that that's what they're going to do, but naively praying they'll do the right thing. This has to be one of the sickest grifts I've ever seen.
Good Lord.

Yep, it's truly--sadly--amazing to watch elected officials, sucking up public resources, squabbling about how much they're going to let us little folk keep. Are we a bunch of douches or what? We pay these scumbags to dick us around. We elect these guys knowing that that's what they're going to do, but naively praying they'll do the right thing. This has to be one of the sickest grifts I've ever seen.
Good Lord.

you can thank BO for this.......all he cares about is appearances....to get reelected.....:evil:

Good Lord.

you can thank BO for this.......all he cares about is appearances....to get reelected.....:evil:

This is what I don't understand: Are there that many people who can't see through his patent bullshit? I mean, I've seen smoother car salesman than this dude. And yet, there are people who'll follow this con artist right off the cliff.
I just don't get it.

I don't think that's how it works, and I wouldn't want it that way.
Yes, benefits are based on earnings not contributions. The fair way to pay for the tax is to reduce the S.S. earnings for each year the payroll tax is reduced. So if the payroll tax is reduced by 1/3, the S.S. earnings should be reduced by a 1/3.

Congress always seems to be intent on "paying for a tax cut".....:cuckoo:

We're not hearing much about it.....but it appears that one way to "pay for" the payroll tax cut will be to increase the cost of mortgages....more sneaky fees....

Payroll Tax Cut: How To Pay For It? - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

First, I think that the payroll tax cut is a bad idea. I understand the desire to get more money into the hands of people that will circulate it in the economy. However, a tax cut that means less money in the SS funds is hardly a wise move.

In fact, what we need to do, is immediatly restore the tax structure we had under Clinton. Then add another 5% for those making over 1 million a year. Cap the FICA taxes at $500,000, and make is on all income.

Then start to rebuild our grid, to make it both a truly national grid, and to make it less vulneable to natural and manmade disasters. Pay for it the same way we have paid for the Interstate Highway System.

Water systems in this nation are not only in major jeopardy for many our our metropolitan areas, but many of the existings systems lose nearly as much water as they deliver. Water is one of the key three things needed for survival, we are already seeing the some cities reusing sewage water. Time to go to work on that, also.

Kill the F-35 weopons systems, only spend as much on defense as the next 7 nations combined, and the infrastructure improvement become doable.

Don't forget obama cut medicare too......the first president to ever do so is President Obama (D) and he did so with obamacare.....makes me laugh at the meme "republicans hate the elderly".
No. Obama did not cut Medicare. The cuts don’t come from the current Medicare budget, they put a leash on future growth and payment increases.

PolitiFact | Romney says only Obama has cut Medicare

New Topics

Forum List

Back