PAYPAL attacking gun rights

He's a child, or a felon. Or he'd be able to get a gun.

It doesn't take a humongous degree of intellect to get one. You just have to be legal.
On second thought, you could be right about the age thing since he seems to believe that because something is written on the internets that it is true.

How embarrassing for him if he is really an adult and still that stupid.:cool:

No, he's a kid and wants a gun and his mom won't go for it, or he hasn't asked.

Any way, thank goodness.

BTW, have you seen "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase? You really should. It's hi-fucking-larious.

He's a child, or a felon. Or he'd be able to get a gun.

It doesn't take a humongous degree of intellect to get one. You just have to be legal.
On second thought, you could be right about the age thing since he seems to believe that because something is written on the internets that it is true.

How embarrassing for him if he is really an adult and still that stupid.:cool:

SHE knows more than you could ever fathom. Must be embarrassing to be caught not having done your homework.... LMAO!

i think he is a she..and is my age....i dont know..that is the claim but the use of the colored fonts does say a lot about one...doesnt it....merchants have ever right to elect the payments they will accept....we dont accept discover or american express....are they gonna sue us? i dont think so...we have ever right to reject any form of payment ....you cannot force anyone to use paypal or credit cards...their option.
how does it discriminate against anyone...?? riddle me that....

i would never buy a registered gun...that is just beyond me....underground is the only way to buy guns now days.

i think he is a she..and is my age....i dont know..that is the claim but the use of the colored fonts does say a lot about one...doesnt it....merchants have ever right to elect the payments they will accept....we dont accept discover or american express....are they gonna sue us? i dont think so...we have ever right to reject any form of payment ....you cannot force anyone to use paypal or credit cards...their option.
how does it discriminate against anyone...?? riddle me that....

i would never buy a registered gun...that is just beyond me....underground is the only way to buy guns now days.

paypal is a subsidary of ebay-----they have to follow Caifornia law. So actually California tells them how they must conduct business

which in itself is political and I am sure the pressure is coming from elsewhere.
What BS!!

ca law says you cant use paypal for guns?

You can turn to the "Prohibited Goods and Services" section of their website and scroll down to where you'll find the following statements:

"Firearms/Guns/Explosives

"Shopkeepers who sell firearms or explosives will be disqualified from listing in PayPal Shops. Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or similar) projectile is covered by this policy. Exceptions to this rule include collectible, curio & relic, and antique firearms, as well as archery supplies.

"Firearms-related items that are not permitted include silencers, converters (any item which can convert a firearm to have automatic capability), short barrels, and kits (any kit that can be used to create a firearm). High capacity magazines and ammunition with propellant cannot be listed. Blank ammunition is not allowed.

"There is Federal and state laws requiring that replica, "look alike" and imitation firearms have clear markings permanently affixed to the weapon. This law applies even to novelty items, such as cigarette lighters that are designed to look like firearms. All look-alike items of this nature listed by a PayPal Shopkeeper must comply with the law."

Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Why? He is right. It doesnt take very long to make a device that will shoot the caliber of your choice.

On to paypal. This isnt new, they have been denying firearm purchases for years. they havent been sued and wont be.

My company doesn't accept paypal either, only cash, check or money order.

Sometimes the stupidity on this message board takes my breath away.

Did paypal tell your company that they will not participate in selling your product ? Score another idiotic loss for Ravi.

ca law says you cant use paypal for guns?

You can turn to the "Prohibited Goods and Services" section of their website and scroll down to where you'll find the following statements:

"Firearms/Guns/Explosives

"Shopkeepers who sell firearms or explosives will be disqualified from listing in PayPal Shops. Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or similar) projectile is covered by this policy. Exceptions to this rule include collectible, curio & relic, and antique firearms, as well as archery supplies.

"Firearms-related items that are not permitted include silencers, converters (any item which can convert a firearm to have automatic capability), short barrels, and kits (any kit that can be used to create a firearm). High capacity magazines and ammunition with propellant cannot be listed. Blank ammunition is not allowed.

"There is Federal and state laws requiring that replica, "look alike" and imitation firearms have clear markings permanently affixed to the weapon. This law applies even to novelty items, such as cigarette lighters that are designed to look like firearms. All look-alike items of this nature listed by a PayPal Shopkeeper must comply with the law."
Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters
Sweet. An almost 10 year old blog entry that leads to a dead link.

Here ya go, dillhole.

PRE-APPROVED MERCHANTS
You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of firearms or ammunition unless the seller has received prior approval from PayPal. PayPal reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to permit its payment services to be used for the legal purchase and sale of certain firearms and ammunition regulated by this policy. Approval to use PayPal for the sale of certain firearms or ammunition will only be permitted after a thorough review of the procedures and controls the seller has in place in order to ensure transactions and shipments are conducted in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

If you or your business requires approval to engage in the sale of firearms or ammunition in accordance with this policy, please send your contact information and a brief summary of your business to:[email protected].
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy - PayPal

Merchants that comply with state and federal regulations may accept paypal as payment for guns. Apparently a lot of sellers at these websites couldn't be bothered with complying with the law.

Nice support of criminal behavior there duckie boy.

My company doesn't accept paypal either, only cash, check or money order.

Sometimes the stupidity on this message board takes my breath away.

Did paypal tell your company that they will not participate in selling your product ? Score another idiotic loss for Ravi.
As a matter of fact, yes...and so did the credit card companies because what I sell is very expensive. MANIFAIL!

Here ya go, dillhole.

PRE-APPROVED MERCHANTS
You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of firearms or ammunition unless the seller has received prior approval from PayPal. PayPal reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to permit its payment services to be used for the legal purchase and sale of certain firearms and ammunition regulated by this policy. Approval to use PayPal for the sale of certain firearms or ammunition will only be permitted after a thorough review of the procedures and controls the seller has in place in order to ensure transactions and shipments are conducted in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

If you or your business requires approval to engage in the sale of firearms or ammunition in accordance with this policy, please send your contact information and a brief summary of your business to:[email protected].

Merchants that comply with state and federal regulations may accept paypal as payment for guns. Apparently a lot of sellers at these websites couldn't be bothered with complying with the law.

Buy a gun using paypal----prove me wrong

Here ya go, dillhole.

PRE-APPROVED MERCHANTS

Buy a gun using paypal----prove me wrong

PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
FIREARMS

You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of any firearm unless the seller has been expressly approved by PayPal as detailed below. This includes all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether for use in sporting, as collectibles, or curio and relic (C&R) firearms, and regardless of their present working order. Furthermore, PayPal defines "firearm" consistent with the U.S. Code and, as such, prohibits frames, receivers, or any other serialized firearm components. For more information, please refer to U.S. Code Title 18, Section 921

So basically the OP is accurate---it's a bitch (nearly impossible) to buy a firearm using paypal due to the strict laws and policies that they follow. They may be able to legally discriminate but it certainly doesn't make them what I call '2nd Amendment friendly'.

Last edited:
So basically the OP is accurate---it's a bitch (nearly impossible) to buy a firearm using paypal due to the strict laws and policies that they follow. They may be able to legally discriminate but it ceratinly doesn't make them what I call '2nd Amendment friendly'.

very accurate.

You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of any firearm unless the seller has been expressly approved by PayPal as detailed below. This includes all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether for use in sporting, as collectibles, or curio and relic (C&R) firearms, and regardless of their present working order. Furthermore, PayPal defines "firearm" consistent with the U.S. Code and, as such, prohibits frames, receivers, or any other serialized firearm components. For more information, please refer to U.S. Code Title 18, Section 921

Well, that explains why they haven't been sued.

Well, that explains why they haven't been sued.

US CODE: Title 18,921. Definitions

So basically the OP is accurate---it's a bitch (nearly impossible) to buy a firearm using paypal due to the strict laws and policies that they follow. They may be able to legally discriminate but it certainly doesn't make them what I call '2nd Amendment friendly'.
:rolleyes: It's just as hard to use paypal to buy smokes or alcohol. And I'm almost positive you can't pay for an abortion with one.

Forum List

Back