Payless ShoeSource to shutter all of its remaining US stores...bad news for President Trump

I'm not sure why this would be bad news for The President.

I don't think he buys his shoes there.

Retail is always tough, no matter the year or economic environment. Especially difficult in clothing as it's difficult to sell such products online as people want to try them on and see how they fit. Not like buying standard Make in China junk off of Amazon that is shipped to your door in a few hours.

I'd love to see human being get back to window shopping and having direct human contact. I don't see it happening any time soon. Consider this forum, hah. The internet has changed everything.

Now where will I get my Red Goose shoes and Buster Browns?

Is Al Bundy still in business?

I was reading about this earlier today, and I almost wish I needed shoes. They'll probably have awesome sales.

Retailers are disappearing left and right.

Actually, only on the left ...

1L6Z.gif

I have been in payless twice in my life. Never had my sizes in the few shoes I liked they carried. The mall stores never have shoes in my price range which is just as bad. I have been buying off the web for ten years now. Never had to send a pair back.

Didn't know they were even still in business. I shop at Red Wings; they're essentially a catalog ordering storefront anyway, and they still carry some models that are still made in America. So does Rockports, at least as of 5 years ago they still made some here. I have odd shaped feet, 5EEEEE's more or less, 8.5 " lengths, almost square duck feet, so off the shelf 'wides' are a joke.

Payless ShoeSource to shutter all of its remaining US stores

Payless was founded in 1956 by two cousins, Louis and Lee Pozez, to offer self-service stores selling affordable footwear.
This bad news for all of us. Retailers are disappearing left and right. It is getting scary. Lots of jobs and lives on the line.

It’s a changing economy due to buying habit changes caused by technology. A job lost in a shoe store is a job created in technology. Does your Pa still make buggy whips?

Payless was founded in 1956 by two cousins, Louis and Lee Pozez, to offer self-service stores selling affordable footwear.
This bad news for all of us. Retailers are disappearing left and right. It is getting scary. Lots of jobs and lives on the line.

It’s a changing economy due to buying habit changes caused by technology. A job lost in a shoe store is a job created in technology. Does your Pa still make buggy whips?
No but what you do not understand is the loss of jobs and soon you will not be able to get your fingers on the products to see what they are about. If you beleive this is a better world coming you are wrong. Tell me how capitalism works with no jobs. Soon forty percent of all current jobs will be replaced by robots, you can train for jobs that will be obsolete before you get trained in the near future. If you do not think that is scary or worry for the young people then you are truely a Bucktoothmoron.

No but what you do not understand is the loss of jobs and soon you will not be able to get your fingers on the products to see what they are about. If you beleive this is a better world coming you are wrong. Tell me how capitalism works with no jobs. Soon forty percent of all current jobs will be replaced by robots, you can train for jobs that will be obsolete before you get trained in the near future. If you do not think that is scary or worry for the young people then you are truely a Bucktoothmoron.

You’re a scared little man, afraid of the future, frightened of the unknown. America was made by the bold and the brave, so people like you can huddle in fear away from the fight. Sleep well meek lamb, while real Americans greet the future.

Wife just bought a pair of shoes at Payless. But only because their "going out of business" discount put their price a tad under buying online. Even then, it would have marginal had she needed to make a special trip but since she was headed to an appointment about 600 feet away it was worth a little walk. First time she's ever bought there. Yes, tried a couple of times years ago but found insolent teeny-bopper clerks and high prices off-putting.

You’re a scared little man, afraid of the future, frightened of the unknown. America was made by the bold and the brave, so people like you can huddle in fear away from the fight. Sleep well meek lamb, while real Americans greet the future.
your a dumb fuck.

They didn't have much for males at their stores but had lots of chick shoes so I never went there to buy shoes.

I have been in payless twice in my life. Never had my sizes in the few shoes I liked they carried. The mall stores never have shoes in my price range which is just as bad. I have been buying off the web for ten years now. Never had to send a pair back.

I've yet to order a single thing off the internet. I have to see and handle stuff I buy. Except food, of course, or plutonium.

I've yet to order a single thing off the internet. I have to see and handle stuff I buy. Except food, of course, or plutonium.

I have been wearing the same brand of sneakers since second grade, with one exception pair that were horrible uncomfortable. I pretty much have their shoes dialed in as to which ones I like and my size.

Forum List

Back