Paying Some Attention To Ron Paul

Why does the Repub establishment & T-Party for that matter, ignore Paul when he's the only conservative candidate in the race who can't be bought. Sad.

Because the GOP and DNC work together to destroy him... There is ZERO difference from Obama to Bush, Democrat to Republican in our elected officials... Sure they say different things but their policies always move in 1 direction, more Government.

What would the DNC run off if Ron Paul came into office and just ended the wars, left gay marriage up to the states, balanced the deficit, fixed the illegal immigration problem and cut taxes?

What would the GOP run off if Ron Paul was President and shrunk Government, fixed the illegal immigration problem and cut taxes?

Like I said, both side start or expand wars, let illegal immigration run ramped, talk about who can and who can’t get married but in the end it never changed except politicians find a way to spend more.

Ron Paul extends his fight against the Fed to the international monied interests, which narrows down to the Rothschild’s and has a strong redolence of anti Semitism. Ron Paul is a major voice in the blame America crowd, and that extends to our relationship to Israel; in his and his followers minds Israel is the problem. The same people who follow Paul, believe the twin towers were brought down by our own government. Ron Paul's movement is a revolutionary movement; his followers are, if they are dedicated, “true believers” in the fanatical sense. They are mostly an irreligious crowd, who create their own religion in the form of possessing inside knowledge; “the truth” about a complex world.

They despise the Fed, but have no clue how it could be replaced or by what. They believe the congress should do the fed's work including monetary policy; that congress which can't control spending, should manage Fiscal policy, AND Monetary policy, as if that would not be a disaster. To them it is a crime that the Fed is a privately owned “corporation” and that some of those owners are Europeans. As if the banking system hasn’t always been global, but of course global implies interests from all over the world.

These followers of Ron Paul are mostly in their 40's, are atheists or agnostics, and are trying to fill their empty, irreligious lives with the new religion, politics. Ron Paul is their "wise man - high priest" and Alex Jones is their media master. To Jones, and therefore to his audience, there is no conspiracy theory that does not have substance, and he is an ardent supporter of Ron Paul. The name of Alex Jones media company is "Prison Planet," and that is exactly what they think of America. Only they have the inside information to save America from a government capable of any and all crimes, including concentration camps

Last edited:
Ron Paul extends his fight against the Fed to the international monied interests, which narrows down to the Rothschild’s and has a strong redolence of anti Semitism. Ron Paul is a major voice in the blame America crowd, and that extends to our relationship to Israel; in his and his followers minds Israel is the problem. The same people who follow Paul, believe the twin towers were brought down by our own government. Ron Paul's movement is a revolutionary movement; his followers are, if they are dedicated, “true believers” in the fanatical sense. They are mostly an irreligious crowd, who create their own religion in the form of possessing inside knowledge; “the truth” about a complex world.

They despise the Fed, but have no clue how it could be replaced or by what. They believe the congress should do the fed's work including monetary policy; that congress which can't control spending should manage Fiscal policy, AND monetary policy, as if that would not be a disaster. To them it is a crime that the Fed is a privately owned “corporation” and that some of those owners are Europeans. As if the banking system hasn’t always been global, and global implies interests from all over the world.

These followers of RP are mostly in their 40's, are atheists or agnostics, and are trying to fill their empty, irreligious lives with the new religion, politics. Ron Paul is their "wise man - high priest" and Alex Jones is their media master. To Jones, and therefore to his audience, there is no conspiracy theory that does not have substance, and he is an ardent supporter of Ron Paul. The name of Alex Jones media company is "Prison Planet," and that is exactly what they think of America. Only they have the inside information to save America from a government capable of any and all crimes, including concentration camps

A lot of nonsense in this one.

Show of Paulists hands! How many bothered to read the article? What 'facts' are wrong?

I'll be honest and admit I managed to wade thru about half the article. His evidence is overwhelming if you accept his defintion of what is conservative and what isn't. I don't.

Why does the Repub establishment & T-Party for that matter, ignore Paul when he's the only conservative candidate in the race who can't be bought. Sad.

Because the GOP and DNC work together to destroy him... There is ZERO difference from Obama to Bush, Democrat to Republican in our elected officials... Sure they say different things but their policies always move in 1 direction, more Government.

What would the DNC run off if Ron Paul came into office and just ended the wars, left gay marriage up to the states, balanced the deficit, fixed the illegal immigration problem and cut taxes?

What would the GOP run off if Ron Paul was President and shrunk Government, fixed the illegal immigration problem and cut taxes?

Like I said, both side start or expand wars, let illegal immigration run ramped, talk about who can and who can’t get married but in the end it never changed except politicians find a way to spend more.

Those things might be feasible except for lobbying. Where do you stand on lobbying? With The Robert$ Court inre: Citizens United or w/ individuals?

Show of Paulists hands! How many bothered to read the article? What 'facts' are wrong?

I'll be honest and admit I managed to wade thru about half the article. His evidence is overwhelming if you accept his defintion of what is conservative and what isn't. I don't.

Even then his "evidence" is all guilt by association nonsense.

Give me some time. I'm on the second page, but so far I haven't seen any facts only the dudes opinion that Paul's foreign policy stance is meant to dupe people. I have yet to see him purport that his foreign policy is what a true Republican foreign policy should be. I don't think he's even trying to pass himself off as a Republican, he simply has to because it's the only way he can get the limited play he's getting.

Well so far, can't find anyone that can answer the obvious question, What is wrong with Lord's assertion that Paul is in fact a neoliberal? There's nothing conservative there, sort of like they use that label as Obama uses the word 'compromise.'

There is a lot of anti-semitism and racism in many of the sites that support Paul, his lack of moving away from them?

I guess I don't get the question. Ron Paul isn't trying to pass himself off as a conservative in the first place. He's a self avowed libertarian and as the first part of the ideology hints at a lot of their positions are what conservatives would call liberal. Due to there belief in personal freedom they tend to be socially liberal. I used to be conservative, but found I really don't care about or am against many socially conservative issues; there is no rational reason why pot should be illegal, but alcohol isn't and really could care less whom you decide to marry. For myself I'm not going to take you up by making an argument tha Paul doesn't have some, what many would consider, very liberal positions on things mainly social issues, because he does and because that's what the libertarian platform stands for.

Last edited:
Ron Paul is what might be called a "Neo-Liberal." Or even a "Quasi-Conservative."

No, dumbass. The word you're avoiding is 'libertarian'.

So many of these Paul hit pieces (from both the right and the left) are preoccupied with trying to figure out what to label him. It's actually kind of comical watching them scramble around trying come up with an evocative tag. Mostly they all agree he's something horrible. The left tells us he's a far-right nutjob. Old guard Republicans insist he's a liberal anarchist. Both, seemingly, see him as some kind of political anti-christ.

I think their desperation is driven by an intuitive agreement on the understanding that he threatens their core values (authoritarian corporatist power). And they know that if the public ever does come around strongly to Paul's views, their little game is over.

I don't really give a rat's ass what labels the Democrats and Republicans settle on for Ron Paul. Mostly they agree that he's not like them, and I concur.

So basically you thought you would just smear Ron Paul and leave it at that. You've made serious accusations that you can't or won't back up so why should anybody bother taking you seriously? What about your character?

Get used to it, it's all the establishment has on Paul. Unfortunately, it'll probably be way more than they need.

Oh, it'll get much, much worse if Paul's numbers keep going up. You watch.

That was a scathing article from a publication that I've read since high school. I consider myself pretty right wing, and can not believe the American Spectator is labeling me a neo-liberal.

"The Ron Paul campaign is really about re-educating America to what can only be called Neoliberalism. Which, based on the evidence and writings of its supporters, appears to be a thin gruel of free markets and non-interventionism seasoned heavily with anti-Semitism, morally obtuse Neo-Confederates, and an outspoken contempt for both conservatism and conservative leaders past and present."

They despise the Fed, but have no clue how it could be replaced or by what. They believe the congress should do the fed's work including monetary policy; that congress which can't control spending, should manage Fiscal policy, AND Monetary policy, as if that would not be a disaster. To them it is a crime that the Fed is a privately owned “corporation” and that some of those owners are Europeans. As if the banking system hasn’t always been global, but of course global implies interests from all over the world.

These followers of Ron Paul are mostly in their 40's, are atheists or agnostics, and are trying to fill their empty, irreligious lives with the new religion, politics. Ron Paul is their "wise man - high priest" and Alex Jones is their media master. To Jones, and therefore to his audience, there is no conspiracy theory that does not have substance, and he is an ardent supporter of Ron Paul. The name of Alex Jones media company is "Prison Planet," and that is exactly what they think of America. Only they have the inside information to save America from a government capable of any and all crimes, including concentration camps

The Farce is strong in this one Obi Wan.

That was a scathing article from a publication that I've read since high school. I consider myself pretty right wing, and can not believe the American Spectator is labeling me a neo-liberal.

"The Ron Paul campaign is really about re-educating America to what can only be called Neoliberalism. Which, based on the evidence and writings of its supporters, appears to be a thin gruel of free markets and non-interventionism seasoned heavily with anti-Semitism, morally obtuse Neo-Confederates, and an outspoken contempt for both conservatism and conservative leaders past and present."

I have a crazy idea. Maybe we embrace it. Maybe it's time we take back the word liberal so that it actually means again what the word, not what the ideology is today, actually means. Liberal comes from liberty.....freedom. Liberal has been made such a dirty word disdained by the right and rarely truly owned by the left. But it's not a dirty word. Literally it means freedom

Last edited:

I have a crazy idea. Maybe we embrace it. Maybe it's time we take back the word liberal so that it actually means again what the word, not what the ideology is today, actually means. Liberal comes from liberty.....freedom. Liberal has been made such a dirty word disdained by the right and rarely truly owned by the left. But it's not a dirty word. Literally it means freedom

No, I'm not willing to secede to argument and let them dictate the definition of conservative. I am a conservative and Congressman Ron Paul's voting record defines him better than some hit piece in a publication that I once respected could ever do.

The charge of racism, which this charge of anti-Semitism undeniably is, has been level at modern conservatism at every turn. Now the American Spectator is leveling this same hypocritical charge on Ron Paul based almost exclusively on the actions of past politicians that Lord desperately tries to stick to Paul.

In fact, not one charge was substantiated with Paul's on words or voting record. Instead, Lord uses the words of Paul's associates.

Here is Paul's voting record, which spans three decades and screams conservative. (Project Vote Smart - Representative Ronald E. 'Ron' Paul - Voting Record)

Ron Paul is a bit of a nut, and I doubt he has a chance of winning the nomination.

Regardless, American Spectator is the go to page for rightwingloons. Kind of like NewsMax.

Repubs eating their own.

Very amusing.

Ron Paul is a bit of a nut, and I doubt he has a chance of winning the nomination.

Regardless, American Spectator is the go to page for rightwingloons. Kind of like NewsMax.

Repubs eating their own.

Very amusing.

Ron Paul is not, and never has been 'one of their own'. They despise him and only placate his views to keep the Tea Party people on the line. If he ever gets close to winning the nomination they will unload on him as bad, if not worse than the supposed 'opposition' party. The fact of the matter is, the establishment powers of the Republicans and the Democrats have more in common with each other than they do with Ron Paul and if necessary will join forces to fight him. That's essentially already going on in the media.

Repubs eating their own.

Very amusing.

Ron Paul is not, and never has been 'one of their own'. They despise him and only placate his views to keep the Tea Party people on the line. If he ever gets close to winning the nomination they will unload on him as bad, if not worse than the supposed 'opposition' party. The fact of the matter is, the establishment powers of the Republicans and the Democrats have more in common with each other than they do with Ron Paul and if necessary will join forces to fight him. That's essentially already going on in the media.

:doubt:

He's been a Republican for a gazillion years. There's a reason for that.

They will eat him up and spit him out unless he wins the primaries. Then he will be their savior.

There is no honesty in politics, sadly.

Forum List

Back