Paying Some Attention To Ron Paul

No, I'm saying that if Libertarians really want a viable third party they should act like a viable third party and not hide within one of the other two parties.

How about some honesty from politicians for a change.

Again you keep making this third party argument. The Libertarian Party is not hiding within the Republican Party. Ron Paul is a libertarian, but he's not a member of the Libertarian Party. The Republican Party claims to be for limited government, and Ron Paul certainly wants to limit the government, so why is it such a crime for Ron Paul to run as a Republican?

I think we both know that the Republican claim of being for limited government is a lie.

So then maybe all of the other Republicans should switch their party?

I think we both know that the Republican claim of being for limited government is a lie.

Of course it is. Just like the Democrat's claim of being opposed to corporate influence over government is a lie. But that doesn't mean there aren't people fighting for each of these principles in their respective parties.

I don't think Ron Paul is trying to fool anyone. He's trying to change the direction of the Republican Party. It's long shot, granted, but I hope he succeeds.

Then he should stop aligning himself with and representing himself as a Republican. That is the game to which I refer.

Ahh.. well, if that's all you're referring to, then I suppose your statement is narrowly accurate. But in terms of political reality, it's the only game in town. So you're essentially suggesting that he drop out of politics.

I spoke up because you seemed to be making a broader statement - implying that he was just as duplicitous or as lacking in integrity as any other politician. I don't think you can make that case at all.

No, I'm saying that if Libertarians really want a viable third party they should act like a viable third party and not hide within one of the other two parties.

How about some honesty from politicians for a change.

Please name all the viable third parties for us.

Forum List

Back