Pay Pal

Dreamy

Silver Member
Aug 2, 2009
How many have used it here? I see that to becoming a paying/supprting member here that is one of the options. Any drawbacks or reasons not to use it? Positives?

I am confused as to why one would involve a 3rd party into a simple credit card transaction?

What protection is offered or promised?

Last edited:
i use it..never had any problems with it...takes a while to deliver the cash if you dont have it sitting in your pay pal account.

Pay pal works well as far as what they do they refrain from servicing causes they do not support, guns and ammo and ?
My wife and I have used it 4 thousands and have no complaints

I use it, never had any problems. I like it because I can buy things on the net (like ebay, etc) very easily and I don't have to worry about my CC # being stolen. And if the account is compromised I never have more than about $100 in it.

I use it, worked for a business years back that functioned primarily off of paypal, and am about to add it to a couple ecommerce sites. It's not just credit cards - it essentially allows you to pay directly out of an account without having a credit or debit card.

The biggest danger for paypal is if your email account gets hacked, or if you fall for a phishing scam. Keep your email secure, or you might want to consider making an email account that you use only for paypal, and then using a strong password. And then only sign into paypal by typing the web address into the address bar yourself. More secure than paying with checks, in my opinion.

Hi dreamy, Pal pal is fine just keep your kids from knowing your login and password.

Lol Terry!

Thanks all for your inputs. I have online trust issues. haha

:lol:
Lol Terry!

Well never click on a website like PayPal that's given to you in an email link and also check to make sure you clicked on the real site and not some bogus look alike site that says pay pal.

Lol Terry!

Well never click on a website like PayPal that's given to you in an email link and also check to make sure you clicked on the real site and not some bogus look alike site that says pay pal.

Thanks Terry! Love your sigline. One of my friends is a huge Office fan.

Lol Terry!

Thanks Terry! Love your sigline. One of my friends is a huge Office fan.
Dewight from the office reminds me of a few people on a certain other message board. :lol:

How many have used it here?

I use it exclusively on my website, now.

I am confused as to why one would involve a 3rd party into a simple credit card transaction?

From a merchants standpoint I can tell you that PAYPal cost us less than having credit cards.

To the purchaser?

All they need do is complain and PayPal credits them back.

Far as I can tell, having been ripped off a number of times by people with buyers regret (but with the product in their homes, too which they will never has to return since it's ebooks) there's no argument that a merchant can give PayPal that will prevent them from refunding the customers' money.

Lol Terry!

+1. That cannot be stressed enough. And they will do things to make even the address in the address bar look like the real thing at a glance when you follow the email links. Just type the address directly into the address bar to sign into paypal. To my knowledge, they will never, ever send an email with a link to click to sign in. If you get one, it's almost universally phishing.

How many have used it here? I see that to becoming a paying/supprting member here that is one of the options. Any drawbacks or reasons not to use it? Positives?

Eventually, everyone will have a PayPal chip implanted in their right hand or forehead. You won't be able to buy or sell anything without it.

It's good if you link it to your credit card, but I learned from a recent transaction that you should never leave a balance in the account, and instead make it so that it takes your full payment from your credit card. Paypal offers no protection against frauds... It was a cheap lesson, but still, $5 is $5.

It works great. I had an issue were payment was made to a seller and the item was not delivered. I complained and Pay Pal credited me back.:clap2:

Eventually, everyone will have a PayPal chip implanted in their right hand or forehead. You won't be able to buy or sell anything without it.

We will no longer be able to shake hands.

Thats all fine.
HOWEVER.
Guess who monitors those who sell ?
You sold ten pair of your wife's size 66 undies after she got the AB...Anti Blubber... operation?
Did you report that earning to the illegal IRS while wearing your flag button ?
Did you charge tax if it were within your state ?
the antique store and gunshop have to charge tax and report earnings. Right ?

You aren't even going to believe what is in store for you sheeple.

Just a month ago some one had hacked a sellers Ebay account and unfortunately at the time no one had caught it. I made a purchase for around $90 through PayPal. When we discovered the problem PayPal refunded the entire amount to my account because of the consumer protection they have built in. All it took was a simple email and a short 5 minute phone call.

It works great. I had an issue were payment was made to a seller and the item was not delivered. I complained and Pay Pal credited me back.:clap2:

That's interesting. I bought a $149 ipod from a merch that apparently ripped more than 20 people off before closing shop and vanishing into the night. I mixed the payment, using $5 left over in my papyal account and $144 from my credit. My credit card refunded the $149 after investigating the merchant but Paypal pretty much told me "tough luck" on the last $5.

New Topics

Forum List

Back