Pay increase

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Iowa10000, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. Iowa10000
    Offline

    Iowa10000 BANNED

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2010
    Messages:
    391
    Thanks Received:
    44
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +44
    WHY?

    #1 SS pay has not raised in two years and only modestly before that, yet I don't hear many of us crying all the time.
    #2 The tax cut did litle of anything for any of us on SS since inflation is still rising and the price of gas in the last two years has taken more than any increase from tax cuts.
    #3 the majority of americns have either had no gain in incoome over the last two years or a decrease and gained nearly nothing from any tax cut esp with the higher gas prices and medical cost. Most americans Net has gone down.
    #4 the top 15% of tax payers incomes have increased the most by far over the other 85%, and their tax cuts have provided them with way more than the increase in their living cost, and they are the ones who are crying the most, and most of the harm that was done in the realestate, wallstree and banking sectors that have put us into such a pickle are from this group of people.

    Did you know that the average bonus on wallstreet this year amounted to 141,000.00
    With my 20,000 from SS, 10,000 from my pension and 6,000 from working and 20,000 i took out of my IRA I had to pay close to 10,000 in income taxes, and many corp's don't pay a penny in taxes even though they have billions in income.
     
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. MHanson
    Offline

    MHanson Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2011
    Messages:
    98
    Thanks Received:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yep. And they call welfare recipients and illegal immigrants "freeloaders."

    They live in the country that allows them the opportunity of such income, and they refuse to give any back. Except for the charities they choose, like ballet performances -
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Leweman
    Offline

    Leweman Gold Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2010
    Messages:
    4,009
    Thanks Received:
    489
    Trophy Points:
    130
    Ratings:
    +737
    I actually think businesses should pay their employees more if they can afford it. It can only benefit them. I wish it would happen. I dont feel government should try to correct this though because all this amounts to is STEALING by another even LARGER corporation that does little to create a product or service America would purchase, with exceptions of course (military, police, some teachers, roads.) And they are no doubt as corrupt as any corporation if not more so as its money they need not earn.
     
  4. Screaming Eagle
    Offline

    Screaming Eagle Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    Messages:
    562
    Thanks Received:
    65
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Ratings:
    +65
    They usually do pay them more if they can afford it. The difference is in the definition of whether or not they can afford it.
     
  5. shintao
    Offline

    shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    Messages:
    7,231
    Thanks Received:
    320
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Ratings:
    +339
    Ahhh, Capitalism and envy of others wealth. You want to punish those richer than yourself, as if they are the object of your pain. You want to blame them for the choices you made in life and the predicament you find yourself in today. That is really unfair, and does nothing to change your situation. You should be able to live on $155. a day. Especially if a homeless man can live on $2.50 a day.

    I just don't see a reason to mourn your circumstances.
     

Share This Page