Pay increase

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
WHY?

#1 SS pay has not raised in two years and only modestly before that, yet I don't hear many of us crying all the time.
#2 The tax cut did litle of anything for any of us on SS since inflation is still rising and the price of gas in the last two years has taken more than any increase from tax cuts.
#3 the majority of americns have either had no gain in incoome over the last two years or a decrease and gained nearly nothing from any tax cut esp with the higher gas prices and medical cost. Most americans Net has gone down.
#4 the top 15% of tax payers incomes have increased the most by far over the other 85%, and their tax cuts have provided them with way more than the increase in their living cost, and they are the ones who are crying the most, and most of the harm that was done in the realestate, wallstree and banking sectors that have put us into such a pickle are from this group of people.

Did you know that the average bonus on wallstreet this year amounted to 141,000.00
With my 20,000 from SS, 10,000 from my pension and 6,000 from working and 20,000 i took out of my IRA I had to pay close to 10,000 in income taxes, and many corp's don't pay a penny in taxes even though they have billions in income.

Last edited:
Yep. And they call welfare recipients and illegal immigrants "freeloaders."

They live in the country that allows them the opportunity of such income, and they refuse to give any back. Except for the charities they choose, like ballet performances -

I actually think businesses should pay their employees more if they can afford it. It can only benefit them. I wish it would happen. I dont feel government should try to correct this though because all this amounts to is STEALING by another even LARGER corporation that does little to create a product or service America would purchase, with exceptions of course (military, police, some teachers, roads.) And they are no doubt as corrupt as any corporation if not more so as its money they need not earn.

I actually think businesses should pay their employees more if they can afford it. It can only benefit them. I wish it would happen. I dont feel government should try to correct this though because all this amounts to is STEALING by another even LARGER corporation that does little to create a product or service America would purchase, with exceptions of course (military, police, some teachers, roads.) And they are no doubt as corrupt as any corporation if not more so as its money they need not earn.

They usually do pay them more if they can afford it. The difference is in the definition of whether or not they can afford it.

WHY?

#4 the top 15% of tax payers incomes have increased the most by far over the other 85%, and their tax cuts have provided them with way more than the increase in their living cost, and they are the ones who are crying the most, and most of the harm that was done in the realestate, wallstree and banking sectors that have put us into such a pickle are from this group of people.

Ahhh, Capitalism and envy of others wealth. You want to punish those richer than yourself, as if they are the object of your pain. You want to blame them for the choices you made in life and the predicament you find yourself in today. That is really unfair, and does nothing to change your situation. You should be able to live on $155. a day. Especially if a homeless man can live on $2.50 a day.

I just don't see a reason to mourn your circumstances.

Forum List

Back