Pay Equity... Gender Equality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Martin Kasindorf
March 04, 1990
For the Great Communicator, whose standing plunged when he accepted the speaking honorarium from Japan's Fujisankei communications conglomerate last October, the main impression to be overcome is that he has been inappropriately cashing in on his eight-year presidency.

Even at the top of the food chain, women get paid less than men. Hillary only got $600K for 3 speeches, where was Lilly Ledbetter when Hillary needed her?

The list below was published back in 2010 but the point is, while 6 figure speaking fees seems outrageously high to most Americans it's not that unusual.

Back in the '80's I hired Bill Veeck to give a motivational speech to my sales team - for a 10 minute speech and about an hour of glad handing the room at the following cocktail party I gave his agent a check for $20K... I woulda gone for Zig but my employer probably would have fired me for hiring a motivational speaker for over $100K - LOL.

10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers In the World
by Staff Writers
Apr 27, 2010

Donald Trump, $1-1.5 million:

<snip>

Ronald Reagan, $1 million:

<snip>

Tony Blair, $616,000: he can offer as a result of it.

<snip>

Bill Clinton, $150,000- $450,000:

<snip>

Rudy Guilani, $270,000:

<snip>

Alan Greenspan, $250,000:

<snip>

Lance Armstrong, $100,000 and up:

<snip>

Al Gore, $100,000-150,000:

<snip>

Richard Branson, $100,000 and up:

<snip>

Sarah Palin, $100,000 and up:

<snip>

Martin Kasindorf
March 04, 1990
For the Great Communicator, whose standing plunged when he accepted the speaking honorarium from Japan's Fujisankei communications conglomerate last October, the main impression to be overcome is that he has been inappropriately cashing in on his eight-year presidency.

Even at the top of the food chain, women get paid less than men. Hillary only got $600K for 3 speeches, where was Lilly Ledbetter when Hillary needed her?

The list below was published back in 2010 but the point is, while 6 figure speaking fees seems outrageously high to most Americans it's not that unusual.

Back in the '80's I hired Bill Veeck to give a motivational speech to my sales team - for a 10 minute speech and about an hour of glad handing the room at the following cocktail party I gave his agent a check for $20K... I woulda gone for Zig but my employer probably would have fired me for hiring a motivational speaker for over $100K - LOL.

by Staff Writers
Apr 27, 2010

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Rudy Guilani, $270,000:

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

So what happened to the hildabitch at her 200,000+?

incomequality.jpg

Martin Kasindorf
March 04, 1990

by Staff Writers
Apr 27, 2010

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Rudy Guilani, $270,000:

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Whattaya say we focus more on income inequality among the working classes, mmkay?

The far left is using their keywords again..

Equality does not exist in nature, yet they want to pretend it does..

More proof that the far left does not believe in science..

Martin Kasindorf
March 04, 1990

by Staff Writers
Apr 27, 2010

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Rudy Guilani, $270,000:

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Whattaya say we focus more on income inequality among the working classes, mmkay?

Hilary is worth more than Bernie Sanders, so how much money should the Clintons give up to match Sanders?

Hillary Clinton Net Worth Is 50 Times Greater Than Bernie Sanders?

Silly far left drones!

Hilary is worth more than Bernie Sanders, so how much money should the Clintons give up to match Sanders?

Why are you including two incomes v one in your tally?

So you see the far left only want "equality" when do not involve them or their kind..

See it is ok for Hilary to make 50 times more than Sanders!

Another far left drone debunked talking point shot down!

I really do not understand the OP...Are you implying that non political figures cannot earn a living with speaking engagements? At the present time, the only person that would raise eyebrows is Bill Clinton, possibly peddling influence to the administration should his wife become POTUS.

In the article, Dubya's Quiet $15 Million Payday, the author raises questions about the feasibility of GWB and his speaking engagements.
When George W. Bush declined President Obama’s invitation to a ceremony at New York’s ground zero after Osama bin Laden was killed, the former president cited his desire to keep a low public profile.

But Bush has been raising his profile in a different, and lucrative, way: He has raked in millions of dollars since leaving office by making scores of speeches that typically earn him six figures a pop.

In the week after Obama’s May 5 ground zero event, the 43rd president made time for three separate speeches to hedge-fund executives, a Swiss bank sanctioned for keeping secret bank accounts, and a pro golf event underwritten by the accounting firm involved in the Tyco International financial scandal.

Bush’s standard speaking fee is reportedly between $100,000 and $150,000.

David Sherzer, a spokesman for the former president, said that since Bush left office he has delivered nearly 140 paid talks, at home and abroad. Those speeches have earned Bush about $15 million, following in the golden path blazed by his predecessor, Bill Clinton.
so, I fail to see the problem. Is Bush in a position to influence someone? Obama? Administration officials? So why can't the man make speeches and get paid for them, while the Clinton's raked in bundles on speaking engagements from foreign sources while Hillary was SoS! The author never questioned that!

So you see the far left only want "equality" when do not involve them or their kind..

No. Separate Hillary's earnings from Bill's and we can continue this conversation, even though I'm not a Hillary supporter and I'm much more interested in the fact that women overall, in all jobs and professions, earn on average 70% of what men earn in the same jobs.

Would you like to post like an adult for a change? That would be a good place to start.

No. Separate Hillary's earnings from Bill's and we can continue this conversation, even though I'm not a Hillary supporter and I'm much more interested in the fact that women overall, in all jobs and professions, earn on average 70% of what men earn in the same jobs.

Would you like to post like an adult for a change? That would be a good place to start.

See just like this post this is just another far left drone fail!

It clearly spells out what Hilary makes and it is 50 times more than Sanders!

See how they will accept that and make up excuses to defend it when they claim they want "equality"..

Arguing with a far left drone is like arguing with a one year old!

Another far left drone fail!

See how they will accept that and make up excuses to defend it when they claim they want "equality"..

Given a chance to post like an adult, you can't measure up. Sad.

Given a chance to post like an adult, you can't measure up. Sad.

This from a far left drone! that has shown their hypocrisy in such failed far left religious narratives!

Once again proving that a two year old is easier to talk to than a far left drone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back